“Good property at Juhu Beach...” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Emerald - Hotel & Service Apartments

The Emerald - Hotel & Service Apartments
Ranked #94 of 440 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Indore
“Good property at Juhu Beach...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

Good property..just a stone's throw from Juhu beach. Courteous staff. There was some rumbling sound coming in the room from behind the wall which affected the sleep quality.
Good breakfast.The room service is too slow, took almost 25 mins to deliver a water bottle to the room.
The hotel refused to arrange complimentary airport pickup as they only provide airport drop not the other way round!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Suumit
TheEmeraldHotel, General Manager at The Emerald - Hotel & Service Apartments, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

It would take me an entire night if i wrote an in depth review of this Property but i will make it as brief as i can so i can try and be fair.
I was recommended to stay at the hotel by My sister from the Uk as she and her and a lot of my family stay at this property especially during weddings in mumbai.
The Hotel is in a Brilliant location in Juhu so points for that.
My Sister Booked the Hotel on my behalf as she was under the impression that she got special rates from the hotel.
I rang the hotel and asked for a pickup and was told that only a dropoff is complimentary after which i had to explain that i would only be needing this service once as i was being dropped off to the airport by my friends.After Much deliberation they agreed to this arrangement.
The Pick up was Prompt so Points for That,
Upon Reaching the Property i was shown some rooms on the lower floors which i rejected as they were not clean enough and smelling of damp.
I was finally given room 507 on the Fifth Floor which was roomy and clean.
By the way all the staff recognised my Dad as he had stayed before and had praised the hotel during their previous stay especially gurpreet and narayanan who are excellent staff and would find a job in any 5 star Hotel.
We checked out the following day and requested the same room when we returned and were told there were no guarantees which was acceptable but we asked for a similar room if that was not available.
on our return the next day after a 13hr journey by road from Nasik and Shirdi and Ofcourse the Mumbai Traffic we arrived at the hotel at 9pm .
On checking we were told that room 507 was Not available so i asked for another room on the 5th floor and Was Told None was Available.
I asked the Duty Manager to show me a Similar room and he showed me Room 206 which had the most Pungent smell of damp(Read Reviev by another Traveller about the Same room)
My dad rejected the room and asked for another room to be shown and were shown 211 and 411 which both were unclean and smelled of damp and were rather smaller then the room i had before.
By then i had enough of this nonsense and threatened to check into sea Princess across the road which is a 5 star hotel after which the Duty Manager finally opened room 512 for me which was ok.
One of the staff even commented that if that room was available why did he give it to us when he knew our Preferences and that is my Exact Question to you Readers.
The Duty Manager on that nIght is one of the most Unprofessional person i have come across in my travels all over the world.He wanted to Flog us a Dirty Room at any cost.
The Breakfast the next Morning was a joke as all the Hot Food was Really Cold with around 10 staff Members Congregating around the Chefs Table for a Chat Instead of Serving Customers and Checking if the Food was Adequately Presented.
One of them even managed to Spill a Bit of Tea on My Trousers but i was Lucky as the Tea was Cold.
I have advised my Sister and My family not to ever stay at this Hotel ever As i will be never setting Foot again.
Upon Checkout i was told to give a Feedback which i Provided and was told Mr Ravi Mohan would Get in Touch But Still Waiting.
Price wise if you are from the UK then Emerald is 36 pounds and Sea Princess is 50 Pounds.
If You are From Australia Then its $65 and $90 respectively.
I know Which Hotel i would be choosing if it was the second time around in the same area.
After This Your Choice.................

Room Tip: Ask For a Room on the 5th floor as the rest of them are either Small,Filthy or Smell of Damp Unless...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Avaitha

Travellers are raving about these Mumbai (Bombay) hotels

Winnipeg, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

I am generally easy to please, but my stay at this hotel was awful. I was told a shuttle was arranged to pick me up at the airport, but it never arrived and I was left to find my own way to the hotel in the middle of the night. Additionally, after waking during the night due to the noise level from the streets, I notice a bed bug on my sheet. They moved me to another room to spray the area. In the new room, I stripped the bed to see if there were any bugs and there were stains and black hairs all over the sheets and mattress. It was disgusting. I actually ended up leaving then and staying at another hotel. The hotel manager refused to give me a refund and I ended up paying for both hotels. Although this was very expensive, it was worth it to not stay at this hotel. I highly recommend not staying here.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Traveller879
Mumbai
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

I had booked for 2 nights from 21 to 22/03/14 . When i reached the hotel i was provided a room no. 206 which was for handicap people. When i complained to duty manager i was shocked at his reply " this room is not only for handicap its for every one to use. The toilet and bath was in poor condition, to operate the shower you had to apply your full strength to operate. The air conditioning was very noisy making it impossible to sleep at night. The bed was making a terrible noise when you turn to side. The room and toilet was full of mosquito . There was noise at night from the kitchen which happened to be directly below the window in my room. I had booked for 2 nights but had to leave in the morning. I would rate this hotel as 2 stars and not 4 stars as mentioned in clear trip .com .site Complaining to the duty manager, the reply i got he handed me a form to fill up. I am demanding a refund of 1 night from clear trip.com and the Emerald Hotel. I shall take action against clear trip . com for misleading on their site that its a 4 star hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

5 Thank Nagib S
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

Stayed here for a night on on my way back to the US. The staff is very friendly and efficient. The rooms were excellent, and room service is awesome. The hotel is located in a very nice neighborhood, not to mention that it is only 15 mins away from the airport terminals

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guest,
thank you for your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Your feedback is really important to us. We will look into it at and do the needful to make your stay with us a more pleasurable experience. We look forward to having you back. Thank you for choosing us.
Cooperstown
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

This hotel is convenient to Juhu beach, the airport and much of Mumbai. The price is reasonable, and the service is excellent. The bar is small but friendly and the wait staff is very attentive. Elevators are small and manual but they work fine and the staff will deliver your bags. I give this hotel 4 stars for effort and a 5 star value. Breakfast is outside and includes an omelet / egg station. Give it a shot. The rooms are small but well appointed and everything you need is right at hand. Best of all, they have Bollywood on the TV. Oh, wait, it is India! Never mind! Relax, you will like it!

Room Tip: Stay away from the front of the hotel of a quieter stay. The hotel fronts on the street with a rest...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

Hi travelers I stayed their for some days I find the location good as in front the nice beach of Juhu where I used to walk at night very nice also nice food corner on the beach very clean also location good near Santacruz station where I could go everywhere. Concerning room was quite good n clean the house keepers always nice and clean the room well.also breakfast was nice with much variety. But price too high as not that star hotel also thanks to the night manager a tall man who was very kind n helpful . I would surely advice this hotel, I had a nice stay there.

Blackpearl.