“Paradise on Earth”

JW Marriott Mumbai Juhu
Ranked #18 of 489 Hotels in Mumbai
Reviewed 23 April 2011

If you need a break from the hectic pace of life and happen to be in Mumbai, I would highly recommend this hotel. Once here, you won't want to leave. On a two week trip to India, I decided to forgo a trip into downtown Mumbai and stay at this beach side paradise on my day off from business. The service is excellent and the pools are to die for. Disregard any negative reviews of this hotel, whoever didn't like it is just too jaded to appreciate what a wonderful place this is.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view of the pool and ocea
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,539)

Reviewed 2 April 2011

The rooms and lobby of the JW Marriott Mumbai are underwhelming and my stay was disappointing.

While the lobby and the grounds are absolutely stunning, the staff was adequately friendly. Not what you would expect from a JW.

The breakfast was ok and the spa - a sign in the hotel states it's one of the best spas in Asia - was small and not relaxing at all.

Now onto the location: TERRIBLE! Juhu Beach may only be 22 km to the Gateway of India, but that translates to at least 90 minutes to 2 hours in traffic. Getting to and from this hotel was such a pain in the neck. Most of my time in Mumbai was spent in traffic. I will admit that the location is the main reason why I gave it 2 stars.

If I were to do it over, I would have stayed at Intercontinental. That hotel is on Marine Drive and in an ideal spot. Don't trust the maps of Mumbai as nothing is drawn to scale.

I wouldn't stay here again. It was just too out of the way.

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank awrldtrvlr
Reviewed 1 April 2011

JW Marriott in Mumbai has one of the best locations facing the beach. I often travel to Mumbai on business and while I can stay at hotels closer to my office, I prefer the JW because of the bliss it offers from the beach facing rooms and great breakfast. It has the most elaborate breakfast spread and one could pretty much stay on skipping lunch. I am also a Marriott Platinum member and end up enjoying their lunge service which is pretty good. If you do have the breakfast, you must try the pav bhaji (an indian snack) they make. I found it much better than what is served across Mumbai. Of course the milkshakes, fresh juices and very snappy service more than make up the experience. I have not dipped my toes into the pool for the lack of time but it does look relaxing and I am sure the kids would love it. The beach is right outside the hotel so if you are looking for a quick jog outside the hotel in the morning then this is ideal. Although you are better off from getting wet in the sea..the water is not clean.
The only problem I had was the last time when I stayed here and misplaced or forgot my perfume bottle that was gifted to me by my wife. I called them up, but apparently they hadn't found any. Of course it was wishing against hope and perhaps not for the hotel to be blamed.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 March 2011

JW Marriott is always a unique experience, its an awe inspiring hotel and you can always be sure of seeing some celebrities in the lobby in the evening hours! Hotel staff are helpful, though pricing is a bit high and the rooms are too small, the location and the grandeur more than make up for it.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 March 2011

spent my first wedding night, booked a suite...was brilliant and we both enjoyed the hotel hospitality..

the suite was cozy and beautiful...sea view from the hotel is excellent, one of the best hotel lobby in the world...would rate it second best to atlantis in dubai

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2011

We booked this lovely hotel, for our recent visit to Mumbai due to its central location. The staff are excellent and very helpful, the rooms very comfortable with all the amenities you would require.

All the facilities at the hotel are excellent, I would definately recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 March 2011

jw marriott means a lot to lots of people. but for me it was not like that.

i had booked my room thru make my trip. while checking in they craeted some payment related issue and even after payment being made i had to deposit rs 20000 as security which i didnot liked at all. This had gone against my reputation. Anyway, while checking out the next day they couldnot reply anything and they refunded me the amount only in the evening.

Rooms were not spacious.
i didnot use the room service so little experience about the room service.

I only had b'fast but the quality was just ok and the tea served was good to taste.
i dont have any hard feelings but whatever i noticed and felt i have written.

this is a good hotel for business travellers as it is in the heart of the city. Even family can have a nice time as it is close to juhu beach and lots of good mouth watering restaurants around this hotel at juhu tara road. There are other activities in the hotel which can be explored with family.

The ameniies provided by the hotel were good enough to have a nice time and nice stay.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business