“Best Beachside 5* hotel in Mumbai”

JW Marriott Mumbai Juhu
Ranked #15 of 458 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Getting to stay in this king of properties sometime has its own advantages.
Marriott group of hotels have always been a preferred choice.
Almost everything about it is amazing.
Right from the Rooms, Location, Ambiance and food.
Easy reach to Airports, shopping and movies.

Room Tip: Rooms with Sea View
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Mehul N
Pavithran_JWMM, General Manager at JW Marriott Mumbai Juhu, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Warm Greetings.

It was great to read the positive comments about the hotel, my team and the services offered by them. It made me feel proud to be part of the JW Marriott Mumbai.

Our constant endeavor is to innovate ourselves and offer something new to our guest. My team is constantly making the effort to “Exceed Expectations”.

We look forward to welcome you back at our hotel.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

The hotel has a great view of the Juhu beach and the Arabian sea beyond that. The hotel is well spread out and beautifully landscaped. The buffet spread is also fantastic. It used to have quite a knocking nightclub too. The rooms were a bit cramped though compared to the overall feel of the place. The swimming pool/sea facing rooms felt a lot better though.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank oncethegrey

Warm Greetings

I am delighted to read that you had a pleasant stay at the JW Marriott Mumbai. Thank you on behalf of my team for your kind words.

It was great to read that you love the buffet spread at our 24 hours coffee shop - Lotus Cafe. We believe in providing superior quality of food and service to all our guests and are grateful to you for sharing your appreciation towards this endeavor.

We all sincerely await the opportunity to welcome you once again.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 17 October 2013

We had booked a standard room at the hotel, the hotel is very good with a great view and five star facilities. The room size was bit small than most standard rooms but view was good.
It is a fairly large a busy hotel so service wasnt as great. The restaurants were excellent. The pool and Spa faclities are top of the line and best in the city.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

We do appreciate you taking time out to share with us your experience while at our hotel.

Thank you for your comments. I am continuously working with my team to ensure flawless service and great product experience for all our guests.

We sincerely await the opportunity to welcome you once again.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Excellent hotel.Best hotel in Mumbai near the airport on juhu beach.excellent staff I found the staff went extra mile and got the best service .Resturants , rooms excellent.I would rate the hotel 10/10.Been to lots of 5/6* hotels this is the best hotel I rate .

Room Tip: Sea view on the top level
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Barchha
Pavithran_JWMM, General Manager at JW Marriott Mumbai Juhu, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We really are lucky to have Juhu Beach on our doorstep.

I appreciate also your comments about the team. It means a lot to us when we hear that our guests are happy.

I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

I have been travelling to Mumbai for a number of years and have stayed at most of the 5 star hotels, but none of them compare to the JW.

Excellent Food , service and rooms.

You wont be disappointed.

always stays in the sea facing room, worth the extra

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sam8648

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay. I am delighted that we were able to send you away happy.

I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

This is a wonderful hotel, so why the 4/5 you ask? Well there are couple of things that I found annoying so on that basis I cannot give it maximum points! Anyway the good things, room beautiful, especially the bathroom! Staff 100% cannot fault any of them friendly efficient could not do enough, always smiling and doing that hands together mini bow thing they do here. Hotel facilities, excellent, clean spacious, magnificent decor. Food? well I tended to use the executive lounge mostly for breakfast and High tea, all very nice, I have no reason to believe the main restuarant is anything other than excellent too but here is where we start to get onto the reasons why this is not the 5/5 you'd expect for a 5 star hotel. I just found the whole thing too impersonal, for example the resturant is like a football field and the bar is like a dentist waiting room. They have space to make nice little bistro come bar with a more cosy feeling to it. They have a night club but for couples only so as I was on a business trip alone I could not go in that. Then there is my room, physically fine but there was a constant hum like someone was using a lawn mower next door, I just could fathom it, still I did eventually tune it out and manage some sleep. Here's the funny think though it seemed to be everywhere, maybe it's the AC anyway beware. Then there where about 5 things flashing on and off in my room at any given time mostly I just covered them up but what's all that about?!

Room Tip: get an ocean facing one if you can, mine wasn't, they may be a bit quiter.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am delighted to hear that you had a good stay barring few incidents.

I apologies for the inconvenience caused to you in room due to air conditioning and other fixtures. I have briefed my team regarding the same.

Please give us another opportunity to serve you. We look forward to welcome you back to the hotel.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Came for business, chose this hotel as one of they were hosting one of the events I was going to. Things went wrong from pretty much straight away- my colleague and I were stranded at the airport for over an hour after booking a hotel car to pick us up. On another evening had problems with my room phone and had a technician in my room for nearly an hour while I was trying to work- despite telling him to leave. I was upgraded which was great- but then found I had my iphone cable missing from my room when I came back after a day out working. Then I was over charged at check out, which they did fix- but it was another mess up. So I thought that was the end of the errors but then for my hotel car that I booked to take me to the airport, the driver decided to give another staff member a lift so I didn't even have the peace on the way there. The Manager did send me an apology letter after my stay and has said he will give me an upgrade on my next trip to Mumbai, but even with the upgrade I'm not sure if I'll stay there again. The only good things were the food was pretty good there and there was one staff member that went out of her way to accommodate me called Tehseen, if it wasn't for her my experience would have been even worse.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Alex Y

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

I apologies for the inconvenience caused to you, and your feedback has been shared with the relevant department head. This has been taken as a learning point with all associates to ensure better service in future.

Please drop me an e-mail - pavithran.nambiar@marriott.com on your next visit and I will ensure that the necessary arrangements for your stay are made.

I look forward to welcome you to our hotel and making your acquaintance.