“Not sure agree with the reviews below.”

JW Marriott Mumbai Juhu
Ranked #18 of 489 Hotels in Mumbai
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Let me start by saying that this hotel is thoroughly decent hotel, just not sure it's worth the money.

I had spent three nights in Mumbai hit the beach for the week then returned to a Mumbai. We had an early flight so picked a hotel close to the airport(which it is) and on Juhu as we'd not seen Juhu on our earlier trip. It is right on Juhu.

The hotel entrance is very grand, staff very friendly and the location is good.

I thought it was a decent hotel. 5 star luxury, not so sure.

The pool area was not the cleanest, lots of bird muck in and around the pool, on the loungers and walkways. Some looked like it had been there a while.

The rooms were quite small but did have a sea view. Was was odd, stayed in many a Marriott and never seen this before, all class bathrooms with the glass door opening in from the room, sink, toilet and shower all in full view of the bed. Now this is India, we'd been there two weeks so my partner was not happy that she could be seen at times I'm sure she'd prefer not to be seen.
The bathroom situation is certainly off putting.

Now don't get me wrong this is a decent hotel, in a great location for both the airport and Juhu(some nice bars, restaurants and a lively beach).

Staff are very good, watch the up sell on arrival. Breakfast is exceptional and it's a nice quite sleep.

Good but not great.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Pavithran_JWMM, General Manager at JW Marriott Mumbai Juhu, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

Warm Greetings,

We take all guest feedback seriously, and have shared your valuable feedback with the relevant teams to assure you of a better experience the next time.

I apologies if you felt the deisng was not upto your satisfaction. However, to give the hotel a contemporary and modern look this design has been choosen.

I look forward to welcome you back to our hotel.

Pavithran Nambiar

Write a ReviewReviews (2,538)

Reviewed 18 November 2013

I stayed here on a business trip and the service was impeccable. As a non-native the staff was always at the ready to help with whatever your request was. From laundry service to having cars and drivers available for getting around, the hotel staff were accommodating and helpful. The hotel interior is beautiful and the room was spacious. The view was unfortunately hindered by the smog, but this was not the hotel's fault. The facilities at the hotel are well run and clean. The various restaurants and bars located within the hotel provided choices and variability. The general feel was more resort like rather than hotel like.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Pavithran_JWMM, General Manager at JW Marriott Mumbai Juhu, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay in November. It was great to read that you were happy with so many of our services! I am delighted that you enjoyed so much of what we offer.

Thank you again and I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Ate in the restaurant, super surroundings, live music and brilliant service.
Don't get the razor clams, they were tough as old shoe leather!
The complimentary ice cream after dinner was superb, particularly the chocolate and strawberry!

Room Tip: Icecream is good

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

I apologies if you felt the clams were not up to the standard. We take utmost care that all food items that are served to guests are of best quality. I have shared your feedback with the Chef to ensure a further stringent quality check is carried out.

I look forward to welcome you to our hotel and making your acquaintance.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

This hotel is one of the best I have stayed in India .
The service as fantastic and the breakfast buffet has everything you could wish for.
The pool is very nice too and a great place to relax.
My wife and I ate in all the restaurants there and the food was excellent in particular the Italian with chef davide coming out personally and greeting the diners.
Once you step through the security gate and enter the crowded beach area you get hit with a bit of a smell and the water is not very inviting but this is no fault of the hotel.
I would recommend stopping here last on any trip to India as you will be spoilt and the others will probably not match the standard set here

Warm Greetings

I am delighted to read that you had a pleasant stay at the JW Marriott Mumbai. Thank you on behalf of my team for your kind words.

We believe in providing superior quality of service to all our guests and are grateful to you for sharing your appreciation towards this endeavor. I have personally complimented Chef Davide for offering our guests personalised service at Mezzo Mezzo.

We all sincerely await the opportunity to welcome you once again.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Excellent and well located and staff is really helpful and good.
Rooms are nice but a bit small. Lobby and pool are excellent. Breakfast is really excellent.
The check in was good and most hotel staff were cheerful and happy and always asking if they can be of any help (spl mention of Akanksha - guest relations at the executive lounge). The food quality is also excellent. Definitely worth a stay here!

Room Tip: Ask for renovated rooms
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Warm Greetings

We believe in providing superior quality of service to all our guests and are grateful to you for sharing your appreciation towards this endeavor. I have personally complimented Akansha for providing such good service to you.

We all sincerely await the opportunity to welcome you once again.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 12 November 2013

We stayed at the JW Marriott Mumbai for a very short (12 hours) time while in transit from a cruise to our flight home. From the time we reached the hotel until we were dropped off at the airport (using the hotel's car service) we were treated with warmth and grace. From initial check in, the clean and well maintained room, excellent wifi connectivity, to the concierge lounge and finally transportation to the airport, all was provided efficiently and with smiles. The staff of the JW could not have been more accommodating and helpful. We will definitely stay at this JW again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Your next stay with us has to be longer then 12 Hours!!

I am so glad that we could WOW you in the 12 hours that you stayed with us.

I look forward to welcome you back to our hotel. I am sure your will go back with wonderful memories.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Very nice experience to stay at this hotel

Room are great and so is the pool area
Staff is very courteous and helpful
Wide choice of food in breakfast and dinner
Overall a fantastic experience.
If you love authentic Italian food then the Mezzo Mezzo restaurant at the hotel offers choicest of Italian cuisine under the expert leadership of chef Davide.

Room Tip: Request a ocean view room on higher floors
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay. I am delighted that we were able to send you away happy.

Our chefs work really hard to prepare the best food we can offer to our guests. I am happy to read that you loved the food at Mezzo Mezzo. Chef Davide is doing a wonderful job with his authentic Italian cuisine. Do visit us again and try our our Thai and Japanese Restaurant - Spices..

I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Kind Regards,