“Pretty good but showing fatigue”

JW Marriott Mumbai Juhu
Ranked #18 of 489 Hotels in Mumbai
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Only stayed a couple of night and overall very positive. The staff were excellent. The restaurants all very good. Breakfast buffet genuinely incredible. Car service very efficient and reasonably priced. The only fault is that the pool area and guest rooms seem a little tired. They could do with a refresh.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Pavithran_JWMM, General Manager at JW Marriott Mumbai Juhu, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourself so much.

We will definitely work on spurcing up the pool area. Look forward to welcome you back to the hotel.

Pavithran Nambiar

Write a ReviewReviews (2,539)

Reviewed 1 May 2014

It is a great property with lovely rooms and view, kids enjoyed the pool. But the best thing is the service and hospitality which not many other 5 stars offer. It also has a great breakfast buffet... We just spent a day but it was a day well spent

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I hope that you can find those extra few days to return. We will ensure that your stay with us is just as wonderful.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Starting from the quick check in and the wow view from the room of the expanse of the Arabian sea, the place is a treat for the eyes.. The room is done up really well too. But their staff at Bombay Baking co which is their coffee shop are very lax in the evenings and one had to finally pester them to get us a table though i cd see enough empty tables! Also they took really long to take orders and did seem to have an attitude esplly when we mentioned we just wanted to do the fluid buffet (which was quite reasonable) .. showed indifference that we weren't ordering any eats.. later we ordered the eats and they were tasty fortunately! Next morning the swimming pool was amazing.. only a genius cd have designed it.. one can get in and get out from various places.. so much of privacy.. very beautiful! The breakfast was good but they didn't have mangoes when i asked for it, the chef came up and said he wd only source them in the afternoon so i cd get it next day but also added that I shd give him a good review of the breakfast when the hotel sends me the feedback! I wish they wouldn't say such things.. :( But overall the experience was great.

Room Tip: Ask for sea facing
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ganga D D
Pavithran_JWMM, General Manager at JW Marriott Mumbai Juhu, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am delighted to hear that you had a good stay barring few incidents.

I apologies if you felt that the services at BBC were not upto your expectations. I have taken this up with the relevant department head to ensure such things are not repeated again.

Please give us another opportunity to serve you. We look forward to welcome you back to the hotel.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I wanted to give a surprise to my wife for our second anniversary, but were short of time to travel out of Mumbai. So I decided to take a Jr. Suite at the Marriot and it was the best decision!

The room was brilliant and extremely cozy. The living room was smartly decorated and the bedroom was extremely comfortable. The juhu beach view from the room was mesmerizing.
We had our dinner at their Italian restaurant Mezzo Mezzo, which made it a perfect evening.

The breakfast spread at the Lotus Cafe was brilliant and the service was attentive and prompt.

An amazing stress free day, surely stay here again!

Room Tip: Take the Sea facing rooms only!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Warm Greetings.

It was great to read the positive comments about the hotel, my team and the services offered by them. It made me feel proud to be part of the JW Marriott Mumbai.

Thank you for the great comments about our specialty Italian restaurant - Mezzo Mezzo. Under the able guidance of our Italian Chef Davide Cananzi the food is sumptous.

Please do visit the Restaurant as currently we are having a Pizza Promotion with the world famous Chef Pasqualino Barbasso which will be on till 17 May, '14.

We look forward to welcome you back at our hotel.

With best regards

Reviewed 25 April 2014

This was my 2nd stay at the JW Marriott. After the 1st time, I was tempted to write a glowing review, but then thought "Why I am sure all 5 star, western chain hotels in India has to be good."

Now I know... Not all 5 star hotels are good... The JW Marriott is the hotel standard I use to compare everyone else.

The staff is genuinely friendly and they will go out of their way to make you feel at home. Chef Suriya from Spices is awesome! Even though it's midnight, he still stays and makes my dinner and chats with me about my day and life in India. The chefs and servers at the breakfast buffet remembers my orders and brings me my usual, even on the mornings I try something new, I get double breakfast. They are always enthusiastic about introducing me to new dishes.

I went to Delhi for the weekend I was there and stayed at The Leela and the ITC Mughal in Agra. Both paled in comparison. Four Seasons in Worli, not even close. Everyone was nice, but I got the sense that they were nice because they had to be. At the JW Marriott, I feel like they treat me like a friend.

A shoutout to Vijay at the concierge desk. I realized on my first morning that I forgot my prescription medication at home. Within an hour, I had a doctor call me in my room, and a recommendation for a substitute. Within 30 mins after letting Vijay know, my medication was at the door. Total cost? 65 rupees (for the meds).

Akansha from the concierge lounge sent me to my room after a long day commuting to Hyderabad for the day. 30 mins later, a complimentary pizza was at my door.

The lovely Northern India lady at the door sends me off every afternoon as I wait for my ride. Chatting and getting to know each other is one of the highlights of my stay.

I love the JW Marriott Mumbai and everyone in it.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank cwtan76

Dear Guest,

Wow! Thank you so very much for your review of your recent stay. It means a great deal to us when our guests, and most particularly our regular guests, let us know that they enjoy visiting our hotel.

We definitely like to spoil guests on their stays with us and we look forward to have them with us on every trip. I have personally complimented Akansha and Vijay for the services offered by them.

I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Well my dad had booked a fantastic sea facing room. He is a club marriott member. The occasion was my sisters birthday. We stayed at the hotel for one day. Right from the reception, dinning, room service, gym, executive lounge the service is fantastic. I always prefer staying at Marriott's or Hilton s. And this is is one of the best Marriott I would say. We took the buffet lunch and buffet breakfast at the lotus cafe. The effort every staff member makes is fantastic. There is nothing to complain. They got to know it was my sisters birthday and arranged for a piece of cake. In the evening we enjoyed snacks and drinks at the executive lunge. The sea view is beautiful. Again the service at the lounge was fantastic. I also used the gym. It was clean and nice. At the checkout we had the same female at the reception who helped us checkout. I wished I had asked her name. A special recommendation to her. And yes the sea facing room was fantastic. Thank you to the staff and service. They made our stay memorable.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to read your feedback. I agree that I am working with an excellent team here at the JW Marriott.

We take pride in training our associates and it is very heart warming to note that they have been able to “Exceed your Expectations”, which is the motto of our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed the services offered by all associates.

We sincerely await the opportunity to welcome you once again with your family. This time to celebrate any occassion in the family which I am sure we will make it memorable.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 24 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel on the evening of the 13th April and after my internal travels in India I stayed at the Marriott from the 17th-22nd April. Excellent service, excellent staff. Everything was great, however I do think that the coffee shop (Bombay Baking Co) need to sort out the customer service, I visited a years ago and the service wasn't great as well. Besides that it is my favourite hotel in Mumbai :)

Room Tip: Ask for a sea-facing room
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank PranjivanK
Pavithran_JWMM, General Manager at JW Marriott Mumbai Juhu, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourself.

We have noted your suggestions regarding the service at BBC and I have taken it up with the relevant department head. Please rest assured, we will definitely work.on your feedback.

Look forward to welcome you back to the hotel.