“Very Nice property by Bombay standards” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of JW Marriott Mumbai Juhu

JW Marriott Mumbai Juhu
Ranked #19 of 440 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Noida, India
“Very Nice property by Bombay standards”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

Have stayed here before as well, but this time I decided to write review.

I was picked up from the airport in a nice Mercedes Limousine and the check in formalities were quick and was ushered to my room. The room size for the deluxe room is also very average. The extreme right side rooms offer a "slit" view of the sea and adjoining bungalows (yes Bungalows, in Bombay!).

To reach the shower of the washroom, you have to cross WC area. The washroom is really very small. If you compare it with Hyatt washrooms, its 1/2 or 1/3rd the size.

In name of fruits, hotel provided 2 oranges. The tea/coffee maker has insufficient quantities, but was replenished when asked. I had to attend a function within the hotel, so there was no trouble going anywhere. In middle of maddening Bombay traffic, this place is quaint.

I could not run on the beach in the morning as the beach was littered with junk left behind due to high tide the previous night. I ran 10 Km in the gym. The gym is open to outsiders as well and is pretty good. There are several trainers in the gym. The wooden flooring of one side of the gym is coming off and needs replacement.

JW offers best breakfast in amongst Mumbai hotels, the other good breakfast in similar category hotels is in Oberoi. I met a friend for breakfast and kept sitting there till 1:30 PM, without disturbed by the staff even once!

I loved my stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea facing room and get inspired by morning runners and walkers on Juhu Beach!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Pavithran_JWMM, General Manager at JW Marriott Mumbai Juhu, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Guest,

We are delighted that you had a great experience while here at JW Marriott Mumbai.

Our first priority are our guests and I am glad to note that we met your expectations. We are in the process of replacing the gym wooden flooring. I am sure on your next visit you will see the changes.

Pavithran Nambiar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (515)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
new delhi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

We had a very nice short stay at this hotel. The food was excellent and the service first class. We were very happy with the staff''s professionalism and efficiency. However, when we went out to the beach we could not believe our eyes. The place was full of garbage, most of it plastic. We even found a syringe. The entire beach was like this as far as our eyes could see. I'm not sure what the issue is. Maybe the beach is considered government property and, therefore, the hotels along it are not responsible for cleaning it? Who knows! It was truly a sad site, especially because all of that plastic could help the people who collect garbage and sell it for recycling.

Room Tip: Our room had a damp smell which was coming from the AC. You might want to check the room first to m...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Our first priority are our guests and I am glad to note that we met your expectations. As part of our Community Service we do clean the beach around our area, however, it is in bad condition during the monsoons and especially when the high tide has receded.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Pros:
- Friendly / welcoming staff
- Hotel is well located
- Nice spacious room with ocean / pool view
- Celebrity hangout

Cons:
- Lighting in the room was a little bit dim
- Overall, stay was comfortable

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

We spent our first night of our honeymoon at JW Marriott hotel (Juhu)
We had an outstanding experience at JWM, Next day morning we were greeted with a chocolate cake,bouquet of flowers, and one sweet note(Its was surprise for us)..Too much variety in Breakfast.We enjoyed very nice lounge areas. Pool are was very clean.
Room which they allotted us, don't have bath tub..me and my husband was expecting that.
Bathroom ws quite decent, showering area ws too small.
From my room, there is really beautiful sea view..
Really enjoyed our stay. Highly recommend.
I will surely revisit JWM again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RachanaUtekar
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing us to spend your honeymoon. I am glad that we made it memorable for you and it sounds as though you had a great time. Thank you for the wonderful feedback.

We would love to have you on your 2nd honeymoon as well and make it just as memorable.

Best wished for a long and happy Married Life.

Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Mumbai is a chaotic city to western ears and eyes. The Marriott was a wonderful oasis where you are treated like royalty and feel very secure. The chaos starts directly outside the entrance gates (taxi drivers begging, no good sidewalks to walk on, cars honking, lack of beauty in the surroundings). Inside it is calm, cool, and beautiful. The beach is for strolling on only, and this can get a bit crowded in the evening because it is a favorite activity of many Juru residents. The food in all of the restaurants was superb. We ate at a different one each evening. The one serving Indian specialties pris fix requires you be very hungry. There is such a large number of dishes and you can have all that you want of your favorites. The Spanish restaurant was especially good and we really enjoyed the friendliness of the wait staff in the Italian restaurant. The buffet was not as nice as the other restaurants, but there was a good selection of types of food. The standard bedroom was adequate in size and the bathroom was large and beautiful (all marble and glass walled). We had a lovely vase of fresh flowers in the room. If you enjoy swimming or have children who like the water the pools are fantastic. We have stayed in Marriotts all over the world and this was one of my favorites. The only tiny drawback is it takes about an hour to get to downtown Mumbai. We enjoyed the decompressing trip back to the hotel each day so it did not bother us.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay. I am delighted that we were able to send you away happy.

Our chefs work really hard to prepare the best food we can offer to our guests. I have shared your feedback with them to add more variety to the buffet menu, which they work on. I am glad that you enjoyed all the facilities and the restaurants at our hotel.

I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Kind Regards,
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

When I think of jw Marriott, always luxury and extravagance comes into my mind, beautiful hotel.But the age had taken a toll on it.It's pretty old,the wood seems to have faded, some areas painting is required. But still this place is an area for Statement,celebs etc.for staying, the rooms are alright, compared to others in the area. But the spread for breakfast is,phenomenal still now. Service is great. Nice pool.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank moopan
Pavithran_JWMM, General Manager at JW Marriott Mumbai Juhu, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Guest,

We do appreciate you taking time out to share with us your experience while at our hotel.

Thank you for your positive comments. I am continuously working with my team to ensure flawless service. It was a pleasure to read that you enjoyed the buffet spread and the food at the live stations during breakfast.

We sincerely await the opportunity to welcome you once again.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

I went to this hotel on June 13, 2014 for work. All I can say is, bring out the red carpet because you feel like royalty! Lol. The staff is absolutely amazing! They go above and beyond to ensure your true comfort. The rooms are a bit small but nonetheless, comfortable and luxurious. I especially like the dual shower heads in the bathroom. My room overlooked the beach (which is not the cleanest) but the pool area makes up for it. The food is delicious! All Natural fruit juices for breakfast and a smorgasbord of authentic Indian cuisine, along with the traditional America style food, but I don't come to India often so I prefer to try the local food.
If you want to take a tour, the hotel can provide a service. The price differs between which car you take, ex, Range Rover is 1000 rupees which is roughly $100. So it's not bad especially if there's 4 ppl. So only $25! The shopping outside the hotel is amazing. You can truly get some great deals. Like a 2 hour Spa experience for $60. Seriously! Although there are many slums around the hotel and in general, the culture and atmosphere was a great experience and I am very grateful to be apart of it for such a sort time.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank skyboundtravelor
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments. I am continuously working with my team to ensure flawless service and great product experience for all our guests.

We sincerely await the opportunity to welcome you once again.