“Very bad experience”

JW Marriott Mumbai Juhu
Ranked #18 of 444 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Chennai (Madras), India
“Very bad experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

This is continuation to the review of Renaissance hotel.

We stayed here due to seminar at Renaissance. We were shifted to this property without prior notice. When we checked in at night 11 pm they said our booking was cancelled. Which of course was a false info as they had goofed up. After 1 hour of constant follow up they gave us rooms and specially for female colleagues it was too much a wait. Even a foreign national who was in the group was spoken rudely. All check in was completed at 12:30 pm in the night.

Next day just happen to meet the Ops manager who apologized but shared with him that a person expects only proper communication and basic courtesy. Problems do occur but how it is managed and service is delivered is what people will always remember. Later he arranged a bottle of wine and bouquet of flowers. I thank him for it but i do not drink so the bottle was left in the room.

Next day, at breakfast table again a lot of issues, dead flies, not cleaned utensils which was highlighted but we were not in the mood to share as we already had a bad experience earlier and decided never to choose this hotel for whatever reasons. The worst part was the foreign national who has been in this country he commented as that is the problem with Indians when the need is there to be courteous they are very rude.

Property is very good. But the swimming is pool is very shallow.

Room Tip: Choose the room facing the sea
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Read59
Pavithran_JWMM, General Manager at JW Marriott Mumbai Juhu, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Dear Guest

I am very sorry that you had such a disappointing experience during your stay with us. It is particularly sad to hear that you do not wish to return and I would like to touch base with you to change your opinion of our hotel.

I would very much appreciate if you would drop me a mail on pavithran.nambiar@marriott.com so we could be in touch.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Pavithran Nambiar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (520)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Stayed at the JW Marriott in mumbai for the first time and it turned out to be a nice experience. I got upgraded to the club floor since I am a gold member.The rooms although slightly small were very nicely done...practical and pleasing, The only thing I would have liked was more light in the room. The ceiling lights are spots and realy the room could do with more light. The bathroom design and layout was innovative and very nice...made the room look larger ....and the lights in the bath were just fine. The service was great. Had food at the coffee shop and it was good. They made an effort to check my name, the chef came to greet and the waiters were very helpful. The view is really nice and the ambience great. The lounge on the 4th floor was also well managed and inviting. Could have done with a larger breakfast menu though.
Overall quite pleased.

Room Tip: Definitely one with a sea view on the higher floors
1 Thank dillliwala
Pavithran_JWMM, General Manager at JW Marriott Mumbai Juhu, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay. I am delighted that we were able to send you away happy.

We will definitely work on your suggestion for having more variety in the breakfast menu as well as having brighter lights in the rooms.

I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

This is a wonderful hotel, definitely the best one to stay at during a trip to Mumbai. The rooms are good sized, especially for Mumbai hotels, the staff is very friendly and helpful. It has a well-equipped fitness center with trainers available, nice restaurants with great Indian and Western food. It is pretty close to the airport and can pick you up from the airport if you like. Fast wifi in the rooms and lobby. Plus it's right on the beach so the view is amazing and you have direct access to the beach by just walking out the back door of the hotel. There is an Executive Lounge where the service is great and a comfortable place to relax.

I would recommend this hotel for anyone coming to Mumbai for business or holiday.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good sized and I believe most or all have a sea view. If you can get any of the Su...
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I hope that you can find some extra few days to return on a pleasure trip along with your family. It was great to read the list of all the facilities that you enjoyed.

Look forward to welcome you back to the hotel.

Noida, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

Have stayed here before as well, but this time I decided to write review.

I was picked up from the airport in a nice Mercedes Limousine and the check in formalities were quick and was ushered to my room. The room size for the deluxe room is also very average. The extreme right side rooms offer a "slit" view of the sea and adjoining bungalows (yes Bungalows, in Bombay!).

To reach the shower of the washroom, you have to cross WC area. The washroom is really very small. If you compare it with Hyatt washrooms, its 1/2 or 1/3rd the size.

In name of fruits, hotel provided 2 oranges. The tea/coffee maker has insufficient quantities, but was replenished when asked. I had to attend a function within the hotel, so there was no trouble going anywhere. In middle of maddening Bombay traffic, this place is quaint.

I could not run on the beach in the morning as the beach was littered with junk left behind due to high tide the previous night. I ran 10 Km in the gym. The gym is open to outsiders as well and is pretty good. There are several trainers in the gym. The wooden flooring of one side of the gym is coming off and needs replacement.

JW offers best breakfast in amongst Mumbai hotels, the other good breakfast in similar category hotels is in Oberoi. I met a friend for breakfast and kept sitting there till 1:30 PM, without disturbed by the staff even once!

I loved my stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea facing room and get inspired by morning runners and walkers on Juhu Beach!
Dear Guest,

We are delighted that you had a great experience while here at JW Marriott Mumbai.

Our first priority are our guests and I am glad to note that we met your expectations. We are in the process of replacing the gym wooden flooring. I am sure on your next visit you will see the changes.

new delhi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

We had a very nice short stay at this hotel. The food was excellent and the service first class. We were very happy with the staff''s professionalism and efficiency. However, when we went out to the beach we could not believe our eyes. The place was full of garbage, most of it plastic. We even found a syringe. The entire beach was like this as far as our eyes could see. I'm not sure what the issue is. Maybe the beach is considered government property and, therefore, the hotels along it are not responsible for cleaning it? Who knows! It was truly a sad site, especially because all of that plastic could help the people who collect garbage and sell it for recycling.

Room Tip: Our room had a damp smell which was coming from the AC. You might want to check the room first to m...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Our first priority are our guests and I am glad to note that we met your expectations. As part of our Community Service we do clean the beach around our area, however, it is in bad condition during the monsoons and especially when the high tide has receded.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Pros:
- Friendly / welcoming staff
- Hotel is well located
- Nice spacious room with ocean / pool view
- Celebrity hangout

Cons:
- Lighting in the room was a little bit dim
- Overall, stay was comfortable

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

We spent our first night of our honeymoon at JW Marriott hotel (Juhu)
We had an outstanding experience at JWM, Next day morning we were greeted with a chocolate cake,bouquet of flowers, and one sweet note(Its was surprise for us)..Too much variety in Breakfast.We enjoyed very nice lounge areas. Pool are was very clean.
Room which they allotted us, don't have bath tub..me and my husband was expecting that.
Bathroom ws quite decent, showering area ws too small.
From my room, there is really beautiful sea view..
Really enjoyed our stay. Highly recommend.
I will surely revisit JWM again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RachanaUtekar
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing us to spend your honeymoon. I am glad that we made it memorable for you and it sounds as though you had a great time. Thank you for the wonderful feedback.

We would love to have you on your 2nd honeymoon as well and make it just as memorable.

Best wished for a long and happy Married Life.