“Truly a business centre” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Renaissance Mumbai Convention Centre Hotel

Renaissance Mumbai Convention Centre Hotel
Ranked #30 of 440 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Truly a business centre”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2013

Had a chance to visit the convention centre for an exhibition and since then always seeked a reason to have an extended stay at this beautifully located place..and before i could plan and arrange one, I was invited for a business group meeting spanning over 5 days..This was a dream come true!..5 days away from what is called home sweet home never felt like "away" because of the relaxing experience at this lovely hotel..I also tried the Spa and the ever smiling therapists added extravagant flavor to this stay..!

Room Tip: Rooms in the new wing on the lake side offer excellent view
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Sucheta M, Guest Relations Executive at Renaissance Mumbai Convention Centre Hotel, responded to this review, 26 February 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing us your valuable feedback on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed the services at the hotel as Marriott is known for its standard and service. It is always our pleasure to make our guests feel at home even though they are away from home. I am pleased to know that Renaissance proved to be a perfect abide to mix pleasure and work as being a Lifestyle hotel this is what we strive for. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Email: rhi.bombr.grm@renaissancehotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (637)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Chennai (Madras), India
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2013

I checked in for two nights and luck of the draw I guess, I got put into the older wing of the hotel. Which means a nice large room with a comfortable bed, but a dated bathroom (shower that tended to spray water to the side so the bathroom floor was soaked faster than my body was, a leaky toilet cistern that kept dripping into the bowl, cracked and peeling paint on the bathroom ceiling ..)

That still would have made me give it a 4 (especially given the rather tasty avadhi lamb biryani I had at their nawab saheb restaurant, I'll separately rate that a 5), except for all the assorted inconveniences that got added on.

I checked in on thursday afternoon and got a 2nd floor room facing the htoel front (and the lake). Unfortunately there was some maintenance (and gas welding) work going on, on the awning above the hotel's entrance. To put it mildly, welding gas stinks, suffocatingly so. No matter, I was heading out for a meeting and the welding was over and done with by the time I got back (to an excellent biryani dinner at nawab saheb).

Then, yesterday night, I got woken up at like 3 AM by some extremely loud hammering and drilling going on god knows where in the hotel. Complaining about it to the hotel front desk - I found that I wasn't alone in complaining to them (no surprise), and they sent some hotel staff hunting around to locate whoever was doing this and make him stop it. OK, peace at last by around 3:40 AM. Only, I can't go back to sleep very easily when I get woken up this early .. and I went to sleep about an hour later (say 4:40 AM), before a 6 AM wakeup call I'd requested.

So, I got a wakeup call all right .. at 5 AM. Which did its job, it woke me right back up, so I decided to shower and finish my packing while I was awake. And when I was just finishing that, my room phone rang again .. this time for the 6 AM wakeup call, right on time.

This property needs some rather systematic improvement I'm afraid. I've been a rather regular marriott guest (platinum a few years back, silver in these days of travel cutbacks) and I'm rather sad that I have to write such a review about a hotel from one of their flagship brands.

Room Tip: ask for the new wing - I see from other tripadvisor reviews that there's such a thing, and may y...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank hserus
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comprehensive feedback on Trip Advisor. I understand that we were not able to live up to your expectations during this stay and showcase the true standard of "spirit to serve". This is not a norm and is an aberration from our normal high standards. I must apologize on behalf of the entire team for the service lapses you experienced during your stay. Your feedback have been put ahead to respective teams to take necessary actions, however i would urge you to allow us another chance to show the true colour of our hospitality. Do write to me in personal for your future visit so that i can take care of the same and make it a flawless one.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2013

I stayed in Renaissance Mumbai for couple of days in July and it was an awesome experience.
Service was outstanding, breakfast buffet and the powai lake view was cool.
I would like to come there again sometime soon

Room Tip: Its far from the city if you prefer to do sightseeing like visiting colaba, gateway of india.Always...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Sucheta M, Guest Relations Executive at Renaissance Mumbai Convention Centre Hotel, responded to this review, 27 February 2013
Dear Guest,

We are pleased to know that the hotel facilities suited your needs as we strive for perfection along with bringing comfort for all our valued guests here at the Renaissance. I am so gratified to know that Renaissance has embedded memories so deep that you would be back to revive them. Thank you for your feedback and we look foward to having you stay with us.

Mumbai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2013

Renaissance Mumbai is certainly an ideal retreat for those who are nature lovers. To spend days in this lovely place amidst the beauty of nature gives undoubtedly, an inexplicable pleasure.
Anyone who enjoys feeling at one with nature will love staying at this resort. It's a truly magical place where tranquility is in abundance.
It's fresh and modern, with great service, for the right price.

Room Tip: Room should be on a top floor
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our Hotel We are extremely pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Indeed the Hotel has a breathtaking view which distinguishes us from others. The greenery to look at is a nice change from the computer screens our guests have to sink in whilst they are here with us on thier business trips.We look forward to your next stay with us soon.

Patiala
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2013

The rooms are excellent.
The food was marvelous, The only thing which caused inconvenience was the loud DJ sound which disturbed us during the night. The room was not that sound proof. Otherwise overall we had a nice experience.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable review about the Renaissance on Trip Advisor. Your comments do help us in a way to motivate and improve our services and facilities. I am pleased to know that your stay at Renaissance was very comfortable and we hope to see you back soon.

Melbourne
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2013

We stayed for 3 nights in December 2012.

Pro's:

1. Very quiet location on Lake Powai, no street noise, no construction noise (this appears to be rare in Mumbai!). Close to Hiranandani area, which has lots of western-type shops, cafes and restaurants.

2. Restaurants are amazing - Fratelli, the Italian restaurant does some of the best pizza and pasta I've ever had, and also has great sunday brunch buffets. Chinese restaurant also has great food, although quite an unusual menu.

3. Pool area is lovely, lots of sun lounges, big pool, palm trees to provide shade etc. Looks out over Lake Powai, so again very quiet and peaceful.

Con's:

1. Rooms are very dated (we were in the original tower, not the new tower). We weren't told at check-in that newer rooms were available, we were just given the standard room. We would have happily paid for something better. Small bathroom, shower over bath (so old it never really looked clean), loud aircon etc.

2. Service was appalling - lots of staff (almost too many), none of whom would take responsibility for solving a problem. We were awaiting a delivery all day, which we had been told by the company was delivered first thing in the morning. We checked with the various concierge people every hour, but kept getting told nothing had arrived because there was no entry in the delivery book. Finally at 8pm the night concierge actually checked the pile of deliveries, rather than just the delivery book, and found our (urgent) package. It had been there all day. No apologies were given, just a shrug. Similarly, other attempts to have issues resolved were met with lots of promises, but no action. Very disappointing for a business hotel.

3. Noise can be an issue, particularly if your room is facing away from Lake Powai. There is a night club in the grounds of the hotel (immediately below half the guest rooms), which hosts weddings etc. The music is very loud, and can easily be heard from the rooms facing that side. When we rang at midnight to complain we couldn't sleep because of the noise, we were asked 'what noise?'. I held the phone up so the person could hear the lyrics to whatever horrible song was being played. It was that loud.

In summary, stay for the food and the pool, but insist on a newer room that faces Lake Powai. And don't expect much actual service.

Room Tip: Facing Lake Powai are quieter. Go for newer tower.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest.

Thank you for providing us your comprehensive feedback about our hotel on Trip Advisor. I understand that we were not able to live up to your expectations during this stay. This is not a norm and is an aberration from our normal high standards. I am confident that we would not fail you on your next visit and show you the true standard of our hospitality.Your comments do help us in a way to motivate and improve our services and facilities. Do write in to me for your next visit and would personally ensure you have a flawless stay.

Mumbai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2013

Stayed here for my anniversary. The reception was wonderful and we even got upgraded to the suite. However, while the room was large and quite comfortable, we missed the last finishing touches which would have made the stay more luxurious. The lounge was great in terms of the seating and space. The food also was good...but snacks (sandwiches, etc) were not available the whole day. The pool was quite nice. The daycare/ child play area was disappointing...they need the parents to stay back for children under 12 years (which is quite odd and unlike most other hotels). But on the whole, it was a good stay.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to know that you had a comfortable stay with us and you liked the facilities offered at executive lounge. Do help me with an insight on the service you experienced lapse in for us to improve them and serve you better in future. Look forward to welcoming you back again!