This is a value for money hotel. If you don't plan on spending much time at the hotel then this is perfect. I went to Mumbai to do my wedding shopping and would leave very early in the morning (most shops in Santacruz open at 10.00am) and wouldn't come home till 22.00/22.30 (most shops are open till 21.00, closed on Thursdays). We arrived at the hotel at 6.30am, the staff explained that the rooms would not be ready till 8.00am and suggested that we have breakfast first. The breakfast starts at 7.00am and the variety is limited. They do however make fresh dosa, uthapam on request.
The rooms are cleaned everyday and bottled water is topped up so you don't have to. The bathroom was not as presentable and clean as the bedroom and there was a leak in ours, although the staff weren't able to figure out where the water was coming from. We did meet some of our neighbours on the floor and got the opportunity to look around their rooms, which were better than ours. They said they had complained about their bathrooms and were given the newly refurbished rooms, as a result. The view from the bedroom window (we stayed on the third floor) faced the slums and there were constant crows at our windows but this isn't an issue when you're tired from a whole day's shopping trip! At times the hotel's onsite nightclub was too loud. The location is not bad, a short walk from the beach and ISCKON temple.
Frequently we had parcels being delivered to the hotel from our shopping trips and the staff were very informative when they came through at the reception when we were out doing...more shopping! The hotel is affiliated with a car hire service, which we used everyday. The hotel would organise the car (we requested to have the same driver) and it would pick us up from the reception-it is not cheap however!
Overall, if you only need a hotel to store your wedding shopping/belongings, a bed to sleep on and have somewhat of a light breakfast in the morning, then you can’t go wrong here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ramee Guestline Hotel - Juhu Maintains; the traditions of hospitality and service for which Ramee Hotels are renowned the world over. The commercial and financial hub of India and a shoppers' paradise, Mumbai is home to a fascinating mix of traditions with an endless range of attractions from the ancient and modern world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Agoda, HostelWorld, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Ramee Guestline Hotel, Juhu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramee Guestline Hotel, Juhu Hotel Mumbai (Bombay)
- Hotel Ramee Guestline Juhu
- Hotel Ramee International