ITC Maratha, Mumbai
The Leela Mumbai(Mumbai)
  • Pool
  • Pool
3,174 results
All reviewsdum pukhtupper crustpan asianinternational airportguest relationsclose to the airportcoffee shopbutler serviceluxurious hotelspecial thankshome away from homeexcellent hotelbusiness tripexcellent hospitalityspecial mentionindian foodfront office
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I stayed here for 5 nights in July for business, the experience is very good from beginning to end, they arranged a car to pick me up at the airport for the short air conditioned ride to the hotel, quick and efficient check in with plenty of staff considering the flight from the UK gets you to the hotel by about 2am.

Staff are all very helpful and polite, taking to to make sure you have what you require, we stayed in rooms that allowed us entrance to the lounge, and though the lounge was busy, and could do with some more seats, the service was good, and the drinks and snacks were in plentiful supply.

Breakfast in the lounge is Butler service, so makes you feel a little special and so much better than the buffet style of eating that always causes over eating.

There are some fantastic restaurants in hotel, and we ate at the Peshawri, which produces traditional indian food from clay ovens, would highly recommend.

All in all a very pleasant trip - however note to self try not to come in Monsoon season again

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Paul S
ITC_MarathaMumbai, General Manager at ITC Maratha, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful review on Trip Advisor.

The entire team feels proud & honoured to read your compliments on your recent stay & thank you for detailing various aspects of the hotel. It is our endeavour to provide our discerning guests the highest quality of service & comfort to make thier stay truly memorable.

The team at ITC Maratha is committed to quality service & your appreciation of their personal attention is truly rewarding.

We look forward to your next visit in the near future.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

This review is waaaaaay overdue and I offer my sincerest apologies to the exceptional staff at the ITC Maratha, especially Prachi.
I don't have enough characters to describe the warmth and attention I experienced during my (our) stay here. My husband was traveling for work in India for an extended stay and homesick, so I visited Mumbai for just over a week, knowing I would have to stay on the hotel grounds for most of the day. He was staying at the Fern in Chembur and was not happy, so during my visit he checked us into the ITC Maratha and it was spectacular. My home away from home.

First, I'm in Mumbai India! Coming from Chicago and with a Latino cultural background, I already knew some of the same visual and cultural similarities as in Latin America and those I observed among Chicago's vast Indian community. That being said, I wasn't completely unprepared, so that's always a bonus. I can't do anything about the language barrier, or the traffic, or the distance from one sight to another, but it's nice to sleep well at night, and we did.
What I got was more that I expected. They took me in, so much so Prachi in concierge services referred to me as her little sister :) <3

--Breakfast was great and diverse. Definitely enough to satisfy any diner.
--The restaurants were delicious and could stand alone outside the hotel and be first class. There is generous offering of options, not just Indian food. My husband loved Pan Asian so much we went 4 times!
--The pool and sundeck was my guilty pleasure. There is the spa as well and everyone should use it for at least one service.
--Dry cleaning and Laundry services, exceptional. I even used the alterations dept. and wish I had more for them to do!
--Housekeeping, each and everyone was so helpful despite me never really requiring them to service the room. They still delivered the smallest request and at one point a beautiful gift pack of fragrance and soaps to make the room more comfortable while I worked, with a handwritten note, just for me, from them. Be still my heart.
--Troubleshooting our internet, changing the room upon request and for specific needs, they were all great.
--The door staff where incredibly helpful when it came to getting a cab, or even negotiating a rate. The airport pickup and dropoff service is pricey for the short distance, but worth it when traveling with lots of luggage or late night.
--The convenience and flexibility of the luggage storage and proximity to the airport was great. We checked out and back in after a weekend trip and checked most of belongings until our return.
--EVERYONE's kindness and willingness to help, talk with, or just keep you company. Priceless.
--They knew I was confined to the hotel and they offered to help me make the most of it, even outside the hotel.
--The front desk was always helpful and I did my currency exchanges right there and without hassle.
--Prachi, my concierge, diligently made arrangements for me to be chaperoned throughout the city to see the sights and do some very necessary gift shopping. A lifesaver, since I mostly saw Mumbai by night after my husband got home and we'd go to dinner throughout the city. My chaperone and driver were the best! They were sooooo patient with me all day and went above and beyond.
--What I didn't manage to buy in the City, I bought from the shops at the hotel. The shop owners themselves were able to work with my needs and remaining budget! Everyone absolutely loves their gifts!

There is so much to say for this type of service, but it really comes down to the individual. Their genuinity, their dedication to the guest, then their job, their follow-through, and even their follow-up. Prachi has been so patient with me in regards to this review. We've exchanged a couple emails since my stay and since then I have been so preoccupied with my life on hold back home, and having to prepare to move across the country. I don't have my notes in front of me of every single person who helped me at the ITC, but they know who they are, and I hope they know how much I appreciate them and their friendship. Thank you.

Until the next time or lifetime :)

*For those, like me, who didn't know how to tip while staying for an extended time, I left something for everyone at the end. I asked people's names and I left them something, just for them, with a personal thank you. I had various individuals attend to me for specific tasks, and others, like the door staff, I left as a dept. I hope it was as well received as their faces indicated, and as many of us know, getting an envelope with a personal thank you from someone is so much more meaningful.

Room Tip: The sunrise is fierce and i like to leave the shades open a little, so I asked for sunset or other. I also prefer walk-in shower's over a bathtub, and they accomodated me.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank In80yrs
ITC_MarathaMumbai, General Manager at ITC Maratha, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Guest,

We thank you for your detailed feedback. It is heartening to note that services provided by the team were appreciated by you, it was our pleasure to have been of service to you.

The team joins me in thanking you for your gracious comments and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to ITC Maratha, Mumbai soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Great hotel with some of the most awesome food. Plenty of outlets to suit your taste buds. Dumpukt being one of my personal favorites. Friendly staff, classy atmosphere. Would highly recommend this place.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
ITC_MarathaMumbai, General Manager at ITC Maratha, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are gratified that you liked the property.
As for the restaurant experience we always endeavour to offer the very best in the world. We are happy to note that Dum Pukht is your personal favourite.

We look forward to welcoming you back at ITC Maratha.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We had a meeting in this hotel recently. It is a largish property bang opposite the international airport. The decor is a hybrid of modern architecture and traditional maratha. Kind of feels weird at times.
The best thing about this hotel is the courtyard kind of coffee shop and restaurant where they serve the breakfasts. Charming and well lighted.
As all in ITC hotels, the food is great.
Rooms are good sized, and the writing desk and working areas deserve special mention.
Domestic terminal is now only 15 min away after completion of the elevated road.
Strange thing: They number the floors 11, 12, instead ot 1, 2. So if they tell you that you are on the 15th floor, it would actually be 5th. They have only 6 floors!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank John2613

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your Your feedback, it is our endeavour to ensure that our guests have a memorable experience.
We take pride in building hotels whose architecture is inspired by local history and culture. We also acknowledge your detailed feedback on Rooms and Food and Beverage offerings and the location. Your feedback is most valuable to us which helps us to serve our guest even better.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

My current stay was the second one at ITC Maratha, Mumbai, the earlier being about an year back. There are reasons why I have not preferred to stay at ITC Maratha more is due to the location. Although it is very close to the International Terminal and not so distant off from the Domestic Terminal, it is not so close to the places I frequent during my business travels. In Mumbai, considering the messy traffic and the travelling time, it makes sense to stay close to where your business engagements are. Considering that there is absolutely nothing to do other than utilizing the hotel facilities during free time also was one of the reasons. However, this time, my schedule was tight and all the meetings were also closer to the hotel giving me enough reason to stay at this otherwise fabulous property.

I reached the hotel much before the check in time and there were no issues in getting an early check in. Just a request and it was done which is usually not so common even among the big names. The check in process was very smooth and fast. I reached my room and within no time my luggage was also there. The room was spacious and neatly done up......again this is what you expect when you are in one of the ITC properties but the Team demand accolades for maintaining this way. It is not so easy to maintain the standards set. Earlier during my last visit I had stayed in the higher category room (ITC One) and this time it was Executive Club, the base category. Other than some add ones and cosmetic changes, you will have nothing to complain for this category of rooms. Not much to comment on the view from the rooms.

Now coming to the restaurants. ITC has the best dining options among all the hotel chains you can think off when it comes to Indian fare and this property is also not an exception. I stayed for four nights and ordered dishes from Peshawari and Pan Asian in addition to options from the in-room dining menu and liked every single preparation. The in room dining menu has limited options and if are a foodie but do not feel that inclination to visit the restaurants, you can always ask for the restaurant menu and suggestions from the staff. Some of the specialties are typically enjoyed at the restaurants only where you can enjoy the theme decor of the restaurants along with the way the food is served. But when you do not have company and want to be dine in a relaxed manner in the comforts of your room, in room dining is a good option. Your stay will be incomplete without a visit to Dum Pukht, Peshawari or Dakshin. The breakfast spread at Peshwa Pavilion is also good but somehow I always have a soft corner for the other property of the chain, namely ITC Windsor, Bangalore in this manner and will rate it above this particular property.

I have a smooth and prompt check out as well at the end of my stay. The review will be incomplete without mentioning the excellent service of the staff starting from the security at the main entrance, to the doorman, to the front office executives and whomever you will come across during your stay. Every single staff is willing to go that extra mile to make the guests comfortable during their stay with their excellent turnaround time, knowledge and expertise in their domain and a every smiling face. Excellent jobs guys!!!!

Room Tip: As mentioned in my review, there is nothing much to comment on the rooms. According to the category of the room selected, the size of the rooms vary and there are additional items like butler service, access to the lounge and stuff like that. However, it would be good if you can go for free wifi which helps if you have work to do or need to spend time browsing the web as there is nothing much to do near the hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank SupreetLodh

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing the time to share such a wonderful review on Trip Advisor.

We look forward to the pleasure of your continued visits in the near future.