“Nice relaxing place with great service”

Hilton Mumbai International Airport
Ranked #27 of 444 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
west coast
“Nice relaxing place with great service”
Reviewed 4 September 2012

This hotel is about 15 minutes away from the domestic airport; a little closet to the international.
I stayed here twice, each time for one night, in August 2012. Both times got upgraded to the executive floor.

Pluses:
1) Service is very good: attentive and detailed.
2) Exec. floor breakfast is excellent with both indian and western dishes, all fresh and tasty
3) Exec. floor evening snacks are more like a real dinner (in fact, I just ate there and skipped dinner
4) Gym is very adequate; all equipment is in good condition and very clean
5) Spa: both steam-room and sauna are in perfect working order.
6) The outdoor infinity pool is very nice and refreshing, esp. during the humid monsoon season
7) The room itself is well-equipped with all the usual amenities (including things like bath salts and bath robes)
8) Checkout is a breeze

The minuses (only two):

1) The transportation to/from the domestic airport is VERY pricey, at 1250rps (about $22).
You can get a taxi for about 150 or 200rps.
2) The rooms were a bit humid. That might've had something to do with the monsoon season
but they should find a way to de-humidify them.

All in all, would stay here again.

Room Tip: Try to get an upgrade to the exec. level
1 Thank TrottaGnam
Vkapai, General Manager at Hilton Mumbai International Airport, responded to this review, 6 September 2012
Dear TrottaGnam,

Thank you for reviewing Hilton Mumbai International Airport, we are delighted that you have enjoyed your stays with us.

Your thorough insights on our service, Executive Lounge and facilities are very much appreciated. Indeed, it is good for my team and I to know when our guests are happy with our products and services.

We are also using your feedback as reference for our regular review of our airport transfer rates, as well as to ensure that the necessary action is taken to alleviate the humidity in all our rooms.

It was a pleasure having you with us and we look forward to being of service to you again soon.

Vikas Kapai

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Mumbai
Reviewed 26 August 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a night and we were very impressed by the service levels and the hotel property. Our room was spacious , very well done up and extremely clean.

The service was prompt and efficient. The breakfast spread was vast.

This is a great property located close to the airport

Room Tip: They have pool facing and non smoking rooms
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Vkapai, General Manager at Hilton Mumbai International Airport, responded to this review, 28 August 2012
Dear explorerspirit,

It is a pleasure for my team and I to know that your brief stay at Hilton Mumbai International Airport left you and your husband with a positive impression.

Thank you for your encouraging feedback on our service and breakfast variety. We hope to have you with us again in the future.

Leiden, The Netherlands
Reviewed 22 August 2012

This is not a standard Hilton Hotel. This a very much Indian Hotel. There is an abundance of friendly Indian staff. I think there are at least 8 staff members i an empty Hotel Lobby. The Hotel has 2 restaurants. A Chinese / THai style restaurant. A good restaurant. And a European / Indian style buffet restaurant. The room are decorate elaborately, though are rather noisy. Early in teh morning I was woken up by some-one sitting in my bath. It appeared to be the bathroom next door. The rooms are very reasonable priced compared to the other Mumbai hotels, but the additionals as internet need to be paid for !!!

Room Tip: Try the end of the corridors to get a quiet room. There is not much of a view you will enjoy anyway...
1 Thank Ch B
Vkapai, General Manager at Hilton Mumbai International Airport, responded to this review, 26 August 2012
Dear Ch B,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Hilton Mumbai International Airport, we are glad that you had a pleasant stay with us.

We are delighted that you were happy with our service and restaurant. However, we sincerely apologise for the inconvenience you experienced from the noise.

We truly appreciate your feedback and hope to be of service to you again soon.

Philadelphia
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Hotel is ok, they definitely need TLC. At check in they tried to sell me executive club room, when I refused they gave me a room on executive club floor. For same price range you can get better hotels in the area. Hotel is old, rooms were okay. Food was good. Overall I think overpriced hotel. Also taxi charges are ridiculous for the airport hotel. It's 15-20 minutes from Domestic airport, also 5-15 minutes from the International airport (depending on the traffic). I probably won't go to this hotel again.

2 Thank Jat73
Vkapai, General Manager at Hilton Mumbai International Airport, responded to this review, 23 August 2012
Dear Jat73,

Thank you for reviewing Hilton Mumbai International Airport, your feedback and insights are very much appreciated.

We are very sorry that the hotel did not meet with your expectations though it is nice that you found our rooms and food to be satisfactory. Please rest assured that my team continue to work hard to uphold the usual high standards of our products and services expected of the hotel.

Whilst you have indicated otherwise, we hope for an opportunity to be of service to you again in the future.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I stayed overnight as I was heading to hyd next. 5 minutes from the international terminal and 15 from the domestic. Room was spacious and well decorated. Bar was open till 1:30 am and the drinks were delicious as in a good bar in the us. Dont forget to taste the mint chicken tikka! Executive lounge was nice, served good breakfast. I be back.

Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Dbarashi
Vkapai, General Manager at Hilton Mumbai International Airport, responded to this review, 21 August 2012
Dear Dbarashi,

Thank you for staying at Hilton Mumbai International Airport, it was a pleasure having you with us.

Your kind feedback is very much appreciated and my team of chefs are delighted that you enjoyed the mint chicken tikka!

We look forward to seeing you when you next return to Mumbai.

Calangute, India
Reviewed 20 August 2012

The Hilton Mumbai (formerly known as Le Meridien) has definitely gone downhill since my last stay - just over a year ago when it was still a part of Le Meridien family, the hotel definitely needs some TLC if it is to be considered an upmarket property. For example, the bathroom in my room needs painting, the shower was not very clean, and overall it could use a good wash and sprucing up. The food/buffets were good (we had both lunch and breakfast), however again not quite as good as I remember. As well the people at the airport need some education because we were told time and again there was "NO Hilton close to the airport", apparently there are signs but we did not see any and we were not about to pay the transfer rate offered by the hotel which was 5 x more than what we had to pay with an airport taxi. And they continue to charge for internet at a rate of Rs700 per day, this has got to stop! Especially when you are paying Hilton rates the internet should be included.

Having said all of this I still have an outstanding issue with the hotel as I have been overcharged by more than $125.00USD and have been told by the hotel staff I would have to "give them a week to look into it", this is simply not acceptable, in this day and age with the computer system they can easily see I was overcharged and should be refunded immediately and perhaps provided a complimentary stay for the inconvenience?

On a positive note, we were given a free upgrade upon arrival and the service remains superb across all areas of the hotel. And because of this and the proximity to the airport I would definitely recommend the hotel, especially if you are coming off a long international flight as I was or if you are conducting business anywhere near the airport. The location is convenient, the staff are professional and courteous and the ambiance is excellent.

**And with the expectation the GM will read this, I will be happy to discuss my overcharge with your directly and update my comments on TripAdvisor as I have every confidence the issue will be sorted out to my sanctification and my refund issued.

Room Tip: Request the inside courtyard
1 Thank Mystical_India
Vkapai, General Manager at Hilton Mumbai International Airport, responded to this review, 22 August 2012
Dear Mystical_India,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Hilton Mumbai International Airport. I am glad that our warmth and good service were highlights of your stay and motivate you to return.

I sincerely regret the inconvenience you experienced due to the overcharge. Please send me your stay and contact details so that I can investigate further and revert back to you at the earliest opportunity. You can email me directly at vikas.kapai@hilton.com.

We really appreciate your feedback and will keep your comments on our rooms in consideration as we plan future enhancements for the hotel. We look forward to being of service to you again soon.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 August 2012

nice interior, big pool, wonderful breakfast
but...
difficult to sleep ( wooden floors, we woke up from the activity of the people above and were not able to fall asleep again due to the noise )
bad service at pool ( when it started to rain, the guy came with an umbrella - to save the matress, not to help us)
when at the pool, you smell the decayed rubbish from the surroundings all the time
bad service at reception ( not friendly, not helpful )
bad service in exec lounge ( we had to chase the waiters before 6 pm to get a coke )
it is called airport hotel, but they advice you plan an hour to get to the airport

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Katarina77,

Thank you for your candid and honest review of Hilton Mumbai International Airport, we value your feedback and insights.

Whilst I am happy to note that you liked our interiors, the pool and breakfast buffet, I sincerely apologise for the inconveniences and service shortfalls that affected your stay experience. Please rest assured that I have shared your comments with my team, who will do their best to uphold the high service standards expected of us.

With regards to airport transfer timing, all our guests are usually advised to reach the airport early in order to factor in the security measures and check-in time.

We very much appreciate your feedback and hope for the opportunity to serve you again in the future.