“My 2nd experience with Hilton”

Hilton Mumbai International Airport
Ranked #29 of 484 Hotels in Mumbai
Reviewed 3 October 2012

My experience this time with Hilton was a much enjoyable one compared to the previous. Check in was speedy by the front desk and was shown personnally to my room that surprised me. The most commendable part of the stay should be the politeness and smiles of the staffs including those in the restaurants and support team. I like this!

The location of this hotel is about 5 mins drive from the international airport. It requires about an hour's drive or more to the city center depending on traffic condition. Facilities such as fitness center, cosy business center and swimming pool are a plus point to stay in the hotel. The breakfast spread was generous with mainly indian food and their dinner buffet was just as good. There was a separate restaurant for chinese and thai food as well.

Room was spacious enough with complimentary internet and the bed is comfortable. Was given the late checkout when requested. The only draw back will be it is away from malls, that requires transportation. The decoration within the hotel is of grand with the colony english-indian feel.

Had a pleasant stay and would definitely return to this hotel again. Salaam Bombay!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Vkapai, General Manager at Hilton Mumbai International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2012

Dear gecko_cheeko,

Thank you for your kind review of Hilton Mumbai International Airport, my team and I are delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

It is indeed most rewarding for my team to realise that their warmth and hospitality highlighted your stay. We are also glad that you were happy with our room, facilities and buffet spreads.

We look forward to having you with us and being of service to you again when you next return to Mumbai.

Vikas Kapai

Write a ReviewReviews (1,435)

Reviewed 3 October 2012

I just returned from my first trip to India, spending nearly three weeks at The Hilton Mumbai International Airport. The hotel became my oasis in an otherwise chaotic city and is an excellent Hilton property.

Located just a few minutes from the International Terminal the hotel is grouped with two other upscale hotels, The ITC and the Hyatt Regency. Visiting the other hotels made me glad I chose this Hilton due to its smaller size and quieter location. Although too big to be considered a "Boutique" hotel, the Hilton felt small and intimate and was very quite inside. The rooms are comfortable with all of the amenities you've come to expect from the Hilton brand.

What made this property really stand out was the truly superior customer service. This is the first property in the world where I truly felt "pampered." The staff knew me by name and the Sales Manager made it a point to contact me every several days to make sure everything was satisfactory with my stay. It felt sincere and not like he was "just going through the motions."

Food choices were also very good. There is a 24 hour restaurant, a lobby bar with live entertainment and also a Chinese/Thai restaurant. I found the most culinary choices at the 24-hour restaurant on the lower level. The have a HUGE buffet available throughout the day and night offering everything from Western, Asian and local Indian fare, I preferred to order off the menu where I could concentrate more on trying out the local cuisine.

The Executive Lounge was also and excellent place to relax and enjoy a leisurely breakfast of Happy Hour cocktails and appetizers.

My review would not be complete without recognizing the following staff for truly SUPERIOR customer service:

Abu - Wait-Staff in the Restaurant. Spent a great deal of time explaining the origins and preparation of local Indian cuisine. Really knowledgeable and attentive, especially when I ordered something a bit too spicy!

Lloyd - Executive Lounge Staff. Fantastic service and always a smile on his face. Got to know my likes and dislikes and really helped make my stay comfortable.

Sunny - Executive Lounge Staff. Also provided fantastic customer service and always with a smile on his face.

What could have been better? The beds were a tad on the "firm" side and could use some improvement. Also, remember that this hotel is located near the airport. Depending on the time of day it could take an excessive period of time to reach "downtown" locations. Plan ahead because Mumbai traffic is like no other place on earth!

All in all I was very impressed with this hotel and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Vkapai, General Manager at Hilton Mumbai International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2012

Dear bergroup,

Thank you for your kind review of Hilton Mumbai International Airport, it was a pleasure to be your "oasis" for the weeks that you stayed with us!

We very much appreciate your feedback on our facilities, food and Executive Lounge. Indeed, it is very rewarding for my team to realise that their warm and personalised service highlighted your stay with us. Your comments have been shared with Abu, Lloyd and Sunny, who are all delighted to have been of service to you.

Once again, thank you for your review and compliments, we look forward to serving you again when you next return to Mumbai.

Reviewed 2 October 2012

I do not normally stay at Hilton hotels but my usual choices were fully booked. However, this seemed like an Indian hotel with Hilton on the sign.

I would have been disappointed had I booked this hotel for a holiday. I think they probably cater to short-stay on-a-budget business travelers, mid range tour groups and transit travelers. Which if that is what you are then this might be the hotel for you.

Gym – This was actually the best part of my stay. Excellent small gym I used every day - free weights and a good selection of up-to-date weights and cardio machines.

Food – Very average buffet breakfast, although at approx. US$18 it is hard to complain. A wide selection of items but the quality did not look outstanding. I played it safe and just had eggs, fruit and cereal. The room service menu is the same and the one hotel restaurant. The build-your-own pizza was surprising good and I would recommend it if you want to stay away from the Indian selections.

Room – the room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Glad there where a number of English movie channels since given the location there was not much around.

Service - Waitstaff was not great but the front desk did give me a late checkout which was very nice since I had a 10:30pm flight departure. Thank you!

Hotel Car – The hotel car is easily double what you would pay for a flat rate cool-cab but that is somewhat typical. For those traveling on business it is very convenient, a 5 minute trip to the airport will cost you US$15.

Overall I would not choose to stay here again unless I was low on options but it met my needs for this business trip.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Dear exploringtheglobe,

Thank you for staying at Hilton Mumbai International Airport, we are glad that the hotel met with your business requirements.

We really appreciate your insights from your stay with us; it is nice to know that you were happy with our gym and comfort level of our room. My team have taken note of your comments regarding our buffet breakfast quality and restaurant service. Please be rest assured that they are dedicated to delivering the best personalised services and continue to do their utmost in upholding the high standards of the products and services expected of our hotel.

Whilst you have indicated otherwise, we sincerely hope for an opportunity to be of service to you again in the future.

Reviewed 28 September 2012

The hotel is a luxurious one but constructed in a cramped way. Though its proximity to the airport is a plus. The staff is helpful and prompt in service. Rooms are decent but passage-ways and lobby etc are cramped in space, so is the parking. Food is good and the restaurant is beautiful.

Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank AbbhinavT
Vkapai, General Manager at Hilton Mumbai International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2012

Dear Adept24,

Thank you for sharing your insights from your recent stay at Hilton Mumbai International Airport. We are delighted that our service and food highlighted your experience with us.

It was a pleasure having you with us and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 24 September 2012

I see from the comments bellow, the trick is to decline the upgrade offer and you finally get it. I wasn't smart to do it, so i pay for it, even being a silver member. Room is nice, lounge is OK (with the exception of breakfast when over-easy eggs were over-done) and Peshawri restaurant close by. 2 more days to enjoy the exec room.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Busy_Dubai_traveler
Vkapai, General Manager at Hilton Mumbai International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2012

Dear Busy_Dubai_traveler,

Thank you for posting your review of Hilton Mumbai International Airport.

Whilst I am pleased to note that you are satisfied with your room and Executive Lounge, please allow us to clarify that room upgrades are reserved for Hilton HHonors Gold and Platinum members.

Your comments on the eggs have been shared with my Food and Beverage team, who are taking steps to rectify this.

We truly appreciate your feedback and hope that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 20 September 2012

Stayed for two nights.Duty manager, Tusshar was so accomodating and gave us an excellent deal and upgraded us.
The room was good and so was breakfast and snacks at the executive lounge. Chef (forget his name)...is indeed a gentleman and came around breakfast time to see if all was well.

A highlight of this hotel is the live music at crystal lounge......music was excellent and the guys were ever ready to play our requests.

Chinese restaurant needs mention..pork was good and the fried rice in their signature sauce was awesome.

The "winter garden"...is a great place to sit n ponder and just unwind.
The laundary is fairly reasonable...
All in all...a good place to unwind and for transit being so close to Int. airport.For travel around...use the aircon blue cabs...Worth mention is the help rendered by a young lady..who had just joined the place and showed us around the hotel...helped me in arranging a cab well past midnight.

Room Tip: On the exec lounge floor
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank holidaymaniacGoa
Vkapai, General Manager at Hilton Mumbai International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2012

Dear holidaymaniacGoa,

Thank you for staying at Hilton Mumbai International Airport, I am delighted that your two nights with us left you with a wonderful impression.

It is indeed very encouraging for my team to know that what they do everyday contributes positively towards our guests' stay experiences. We truly appreciate your kind feedback.

It was a pleasure having you with us and we look forward to being of service to you again soon.

Reviewed 13 September 2012

Friendly staff at reception and they bring you to the room.Restaurant is busy but good food.The furniture in the room is exellent style,good beds and a wonderfull shower.The hotel is only 2 minutes away from international airport and 15 minutes from domestic airport.I stayed here twice with pleasure.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Vkapai, General Manager at Hilton Mumbai International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2012

Dear ellebartus,

Thank you for your kind compliments of Hilton Mumbai International Airport. It is a pleasure to know that your stays with us were comfortable and enjoyable.

My team work hard to deliver the best personalised service and I am pleased that you felt well-looked after during your stays. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.