“Location to T1 is amazing...”

Hilton Mumbai International Airport
Ranked #27 of 444 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Dublin, Ireland
“Location to T1 is amazing...”
Reviewed 11 January 2013

Location to International Terminal in Mumbai is great... The staff are friendly, food was good, beds / rooms are comfie.
Wifi is not free and is 700 inr for one day - which is totally ridiculous - should be free when you pay so much for the room. The hotel guide book in the room says there is a jacuzzi, but there isn't - should be updated...

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Vkapai, General Manager at Hilton Mumbai International Airport, responded to this review, 15 January 2013
Dear Debwel,

Thank you for staying at Hilton Mumbai International Airport, it was a pleasure having you with us. We very much appreciate your feedback from your stay with us and are delighted that you were happy with our guest room, food quality and the warm and friendly service you received.

With regard to internet connection, we understand the importance of this service for all our guests. You will be glad to know that we also offer complimentary WiFi service in the hotel's public areas in addition to paid internet service in the guest rooms. In recognition of their loyalty, our Hilton HHonors Gold and Diamond members benefit from complimentary WiFi internet access during their stay.

We thank you for bringing the information in the hotel guide book to our attention. We are currently working on updating all the information within the book, which we hope to publish soon.

We hope to have another opportunity to delight you with our Hilton hospitality experience when you next return to Mumbai.

Vikas Kapai

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 10 January 2013

Nice to have a decent shower, friendly staff and good restaurants in a hotel in Mumbai. Overall, a very good hotel, although far from major attractions in Mumbai. Takes forever to get around in Mumbai due to traffic congestion all day long. With party of three, get a room with twin beds instead of a king bed (more space ).

Room Tip: Ask for a city view.Called reservations prior to trip but still got a room overlooking another build...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Vkapai, General Manager at Hilton Mumbai International Airport, responded to this review, 12 January 2013
Dear alexander5431,

Thank you for staying at Hilton Mumbai International Airport, it was a pleasure having you and your family with us.

Your feedback and insights are much appreciated and we are delighted that you felt well-cared for during your stay. We hope to once again extend our warm hospitality to you, should your travels bring you back to Mumbai in the future.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 10 January 2013

Let me make the upfront disclaimer here that I was put up here by my airlines after they oversold our flight so I neither paid for it myself nor was I in the best of moods when I arrived.. still, I think its very objective to say that although the hotel itself was very nice there was room for significant improvement relative to other $200/nt. five star hotel in India I’ve stayed at.

The good: It’s close to the airport. They have a great sitting room area and what looks like a library. There is wireless everywhere, you get your choice of morning newspapers and the restaurant is quite good and has a decent midnight brunch. Staff is very helpful and attentive.

The bad: My room smelled of mildew. The A/C was blasting when I entered (probably to dry out the room) so I was pretty cold for the first hour or two (although it was hot outside). There were a few mosquitoes in the room (I didn’ t open the windows to warm the room up.. to avoid letting mosquitoes in) and in my opinion the internet connection was expensive.

The ugly: After 3 weeks in India, eating in far less hygienic places and having avoided so much as minor stomachache, I got a one hour bout of the runs right after eating lunch. Though it wasn’t a big deal, I was “playing it safe” by eating at the hotel to avoid issues on my 15hr flight back home so this was disappointing.

I would be readily give this a four or even five rating if some of the smaller inconveniences were addressed.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
Dear NolBro,

Thank you for sharing your honest and detailed review of your recent experience at Hilton Mumbai International Airport. We really appreciate receiving your valuable feedback.

We are glad that you were happy with the hospitality and service delivered by the team, as well as the complimentary WiFi service, the food at The Brasserie and unwinding at the Lounge Bar. However, we are very sorry to learn that the inconveniences in the room and your stomach ailment marred what could have been a more pleasant stay experience. Please be assured that the relevant departments have been informed for prompt corrective action to be taken. The team continue to work hard to ensure that the high standards of our products and services are consistently met.

Once again, we thank you for your feedback and hope to have another opportunity to delight you with a better stay experience. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back on your next visit.

Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum), India
Reviewed 6 January 2013

Like any other Hilton. Intelligent accommodation of star facilities within limited space very near to international airport and 10 mts from domestic airport.
Stated for one night only. Had dinner and breakfast. Splendid mix of Indian and Western culinary. Spent a day in the board room for a meeting. Excellent. Couldn't charge my mobile phones there. Universal socket not obtained despite requesting for the same.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Jothydev
Vkapai, General Manager at Hilton Mumbai International Airport, responded to this review, 8 January 2013
Dear Jothydev,

My team and I are delighted that you enjoyed your brief stay with us, thank you for your kind review.

We are pleased to learn that you were happy with your dining experience and our meeting facilities. However, we are sorry for the inconvenience you encountered regarding the universal socket. Your feedback is very much appreciated and reminds the team of the importance of prompt service delivery.

It was a pleasure having you with us and we hope to be of service to you again when you next return to Mumbai.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 29 December 2012

I have stayed here two times and must say that the hotel is not really improving. First the positives. I like the "Royal Meridien" style rooms, especially the bathroom. The rooms are just the right size but could be bigger of course.The staff is really friendly and the pool area is nice, considering the cramped surroundings. The breakfast (in the lounge) is excellent.

The hotel is overprized, even for a Hilton and does not include a free shuttle from the nearby airports even though this is an airport hotel. Early check in was denied even for an Hhonors Gold member. As an airport hotel, they should be used to having guests arrive (and also leave) at odd hours. They wanted a whole (expensive) nightly rate more for getting the room already in the morning. Sorry, no deal.

The evening reception in the exec lounge is not that good, very short, very early in the evening, very little to eat. I guess management wishes everyone to hang out in the downstairs bar instead.

All said, the hotel is ok for a short stay as long as you can take care of your own transportation and check in at midday earliest or are prepared to pay (a lot) extra. Even though I am a Hilton aficionado, I will also be considering other options for Mumbai airport (e.g. Tai) for my next trip.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Thank R.Müller
Vkapai, General Manager at Hilton Mumbai International Airport, responded to this review, 1 January 2013
Dear R.Müller,

Thank you very much for being a valued Hilton HHonors member and for posting your review of Hilton Mumbai International Airport. Your candid and honest feedback is truly appreciated and helps us to recognise both our strengths and where we can make important improvements.

Whilst we are glad that you were generally satisfied with the room, our hospitality and facilities, we are very sorry to learn that your overall experience fell below your expectations. We wish to assure you that we understand the importance of a speedy and efficient check-in for all our guests and we continually do our best to accommodate all early arrivals. However, this is primarily dependent on the occupancy of the hotel and movements of our departing guests at the given arrival times. We sincerely apologise that we were unable to accord an early check-in for your recent stay but are nevertheless reviewing our processes to ensure that our guests are well-looked after at all times.

The Executive Lounge team is also taking steps to address your comments regarding the evening cocktail hours and offerings.

Once again, we very much appreciate your feedback but hope that you will grant us another opportunity to be of service to you when you next return to Mumbai. It will be our pleasure to extend the true Hilton hospitality experience that we always strive to deliver.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 23 December 2012 via mobile

Just returned from India on a business trip. Stayed at the Hilton Mumbai International Airport hotel overnight twice due to connecting flight timing in and out of Mumbai. Very disappointed with the Hilton Mumbai International, overall rating I would give it a 2 out of 10. Standard wise, it cater more to the local standard rather than international visitors. For a Hilton brand I would have expected much, much better western standard and procedure, especially having stayed at other Hilton before around the world. The rooms are small and the site where the hotel is located is on a tiny block with the main street right at the front lobby entrance, doesn't provide much in terms of security from local street foot traffic. Location wise, it is near both the Mumbai international and domestic airport, definitely not within safe walking distance from the airport, considering the traffic and condition of the roads. If you are an overseas visitor, pre-booking your transfer with the hotel's UNRELIABLE airport transfer service is your only choice. Unlike any other 5 star establishment around the world where you are courteously greeted upon arrival with you name and signage, you can forget all about this from this hotel, I was told by their director of operation thatthey have a different practice to other western standards. You have to go look for them, ask strangers whom you do not know upon arrival and if you are lucky they might decide to pick you up, otherwise, pray like hell that someone from other 2/3 star hotel establishment is willing to help you and ring the hotel to come pick you up. Otherwise you'll have to wait and in the mercy of the Hilton Mumbai International Airport if you feel like picking you up. For a transfer service ride of 5 minutes at the cost of $20+ each way, one would expect better. With my return trip pickup transfer service, the hotel totally did not show up. It's pathetic to say the least from a Hilton brand hotel. Food wise, it is just ok, definitely not good and far from great, at least I didn't get sick from eating the food there. The hotel is a bit dated, you can see the age in the room where the walls have been patched up, beds are not the most comfortable. Would definitely not be returning back there anytime soon.

Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank amazingdestinati0n
Vkapai, General Manager at Hilton Mumbai International Airport, responded to this review, 26 December 2012
Dear amazingdestinati0n,

First and foremost, I wish to personally apologise for the difficulties and inconveniences that you experienced during your recent stays with us. Unfortunately, our service did not reflect the optimum standards that we continually endeavour to achieve.

I wish to assure you that I have personally reviewed your case in-depth with my team members and we have reviewed the proper procedures on how our airport transfer service should be handled, as well as the importance of customer-focused service delivery and communications. We truly value our guests and respectfully request that you continue to provide feedback about our services so that we may make the necessary corrective actions. Please feel free to contact me directly on vikas.kapai@hilton.com; my team and I look forward to continuing being of service to you as a valued guest.

Once again, let me assure you that what happened in your case is not typical of the level of service provided at Hilton Mumbai International Airport. We continue to be committed to providing the quality Hilton hospitality experience to you and all our guests, as well as ensuring that we meet the requirements of today's frequent international traveller.

My team and I sincerely regret that we did not deliver a better stay experience during your recent stays. Whilst you have indicated otherwise, we nevertheless hope that you will grant us another opportunity in the future to extend the true and warm hospitality to you, when you next return to Mumbai.

Jodhpur, India
Reviewed 22 December 2012

I stayed here for 1 night, it was a pleasant stay. The rooms were comfortable enough.
The Buffet Breakfast...YUM!! Someone suggested to include the breakfast in our package, and BELIEVE me it was DELICIOUS. Had an early flight to catch, so didn't get time to eat all of it, ha-ha.
The pick up and drop facility from the airport in Mercedes does a tad bit of justice to the price they charge for the room.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank AbhiKumbhat
Vkapai, General Manager at Hilton Mumbai International Airport, responded to this review, 24 December 2012
Dear AbhiKumbhat,

My team and I are delighted that you enjoyed your brief stay with us.

Thank you for your kind feedback on your experience; it is wonderful to know that our breakfast buffet was a highlight for you! We certainly hope that your next stay with us will be longer so that you can sample everything on our buffet spread.

It was a pleasure having you with us and we look forward to being of service to you again when you next return.