“Turning a very difficult situation into a very positive experience!”

Hilton Mumbai International Airport
Ranked #28 of 453 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Reviewed 30 March 2013

After a food poisening I could not proceed my trip from Mumbai to Paris. Airfrance contacted Hilton Hotel at 3 pm in the morning and 10 min. later a limousine from the hotel picked us up and brought us to the hotel where we received the most friendly attention from the staff. Next morning they called a doctor and later they drove me to a private hospital, where I received the best treatment I could get. All the staff at Hilton gave us friendly attention and help. The limousine was at our disposal driving my husband up and down to the hospital. When I returned from hospital the kitchen prepared special dishes for me - this was really top quality. In spite of my bad luck they made these extra days we stayed at Hilton to a very positive experience! Excellent room, good facilities and a beautiful garden with pool.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank IngeWith
Vkapai, General Manager at Hilton Mumbai International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2013

Dear IngeWith,

The pleasure was ours to extend our warm hospitality and ensure your comfort and well-being during your stay as you recovered from your illness.

Thank you for your kind feedback on the care that my team provided, which highlighted your positive experience with us. I am happy to learn that their service was friendly, professional and personalised - the hallmarks of the best service that we continually strive to deliver and that helped you on the path to recovery.

We hope that your travels bring you back to Mumbai in the future. We would be delighted to be of service to you again.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Mumbai International Airport

Reviewed 29 March 2013

This property is taken over by Le meridian, I have been here about 6 years ago and must say when it was under Le meridian it was better, The rooms are bit dated and have old furniture which have staines on them. Reception staff is good but they need to be confident about what they are doing. Pool side bar you need to remmeber your order so while paying your bill you need to tell them whta you had.

I had dinner in kebab house which has nice ambience but unfortunately had to eat cold food. I had my friend from london so thats why i didnt say anything that time but its embarrasing to complain. I also had food in their restaurant ordered for 1 biryani and they bought me 2 now we didnt wanted to make a fuss over there so we had to have it.

Called for room service no answer for about 20 min and then the order was taken. I ordered for club sandwich and i was asked if i wanted veg club sandwich when i clearly asked for Chi bacon letuce and egg. I gues staff not aware of hilton classics itself.

I have stayed in many hotels in Europe and Dubai. this was good experience but little bit disappointment.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear pranav1986,

Thank you for your candid review of Hilton Mumbai International Airport. As we continually endeavour to provide the best personalised service and stay experience to all our guests, your feedback and insigts are very much appreciated.

I am sorry to learn that your recent stay with us fell somewhat below your expectations. I wish to assure you that my team and I remain dedicated to ensuring the comfort and well-being of our guests through the delivery of warm and professional service, as well as top quality food. Through our on-going process reviews and training programmes, I am confident my team continues to uphold the high standards of the products and services expected of a Hilton hotel.

Your continued patronage is valuable to us and we sincerely hope that here will be another opportunity to extend a better stay experience to you in the future. It was a pleasure to have you with us.

Reviewed 18 March 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 1 night recovering from 20 hours flight, and Hilton is always Hilton but price charged for Internet -15USD is absurd as well as hotel car for airport drop-off.
Breakfast is mefium for an stranger but full for indian. Dont est pastry, is very bad

• Stayed: March 2013
Vkapai, General Manager at Hilton Mumbai International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2013

Dear Eduba101,

Thank you reviewing your recent stay at Hilton Mumbai International Airport, we appreciate your feedback and insights.

Whilst we are glad that you had a good rest after your long flight, we are sorry to learn that your overall stay experience did not meet with your expectations. The team has noted your comments regarding our breakfast spread and continues to work hard to uphold the high standards of our food quality and variety.

With regards to internet service, complimentary WiFi is provided exclusively for guests with access to our Executive Lounge and those staying on our Executive floors on Levels 4 and 5. You may also be interested to know that we have room packages that include airport transfers.

It would be our pleasure to be of service to you again the next time you travel through Mumbai. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 15 March 2013

This property is really a class act. Formerly owned by Le Meridien the Hilton organization has a strong act to follow. I stayed here frequently when run by Le Meridien, and it appears that things are less finicky about care for the property. That being said I love the staff, and find most everything well within acceptable limits. We have stayed on the business floor and have enjoyed it very much, Other reviewer has commented on lenghy checkout, and I have to agree. I always leave in plenty of time to catch a flight, but this is an issue that needs attention.

Room Tip: try to get a room towards the back of the hotel as there is a hotel across the street that uses thei...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Vkapai, General Manager at Hilton Mumbai International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2013

Dear George R T,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and insights of Hilton Mumbai International Airport, we are pleased that you felt well-take care of and comfortable during your recent stay with us.

The team have taken note of your feedback on the check-out process and extend their apologies for the delay. We are addressing this through our on-going process reviews and training programmes to ensure that the departure process is streamlined and improved. We are nevertheless glad that your overall experience was positive and that our service was a highlight for you.

It was a pleasure having you with us and we look forward to welcoming you back, should your travels bring you back to Mumbai in the future.

Reviewed 15 March 2013

Stayed here for the the 3rd time

Good points:
Staff are extremely hospitable.
Breakfast spread is very good.

Areas to improve:
Rooms are not up to the mark. I am a diamond HHonors Hilton member and was apparently upgraded to the business floor. However even these rooms leave a lot to be desired. Plug points for mobiles and computers are not convenient indicating the age of the rooms.

The property is not built as a 5 star hotel in my opinion. Hence for a slightly higher price, would prefer the surrounding 5 star brands which have ultra modern hotel campuses.

No complimentary airport was offered - saying my room price did not include it. If I had the time, I would have downgraded to the lower non refundable rate and then would have ordered a hotel pick up at a charge which would have been cheaper for the me and less profitable for the Hotel.

I have liked this hotel earlier - but would prefer the better hotels in the vicinity in the future despite being a top tier Hilton member.

Room Tip: get pool facing rooms - but they are noisy on Sundays for Sunday brunch
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Dear frankview,

The pleasure was ours to welcome you back to Hilton Mumbai International Airport!

Please rest assured that your continued patronage and loyalty as a Hilton HHonors Diamond member is valuable to us. As we continually endeavour to deliver the exemplary service and premium products expected of a Hilton hotel, we very much appreciate receiving your constructive feedback and insights.

Whilst we are glad that our service and breakfast spread still highlight your experience with us, we have noted your comments regarding our guest rooms for our hotel enhancement plans. We understand the importance of plug points and other requirements that today's business travellers would need and the team are taking steps to ensure that we meet with these requirements.

With regards to airport transfers, we do have room packages that include this service and are sorry if this had not been properly communicated to you. The team is reviewing their processes to ensure that our guests are duly informed of suitable accommodation options from the point of reservations.

Thank you very much for your feedback, we wish to assure you that we continue to do our utmost to always deliver great stay experiences to you and all our guests. As always, we look forward to having you with us again and we remain at your service.

Reviewed 10 March 2013

Loved this place. We find all airport hotels are the same-pretty basic and functional with same standard room lay out. This place has he most amazing entrance lounge, quirky and cool with loads of different couches, cushions, and decorative features giving it a really funky look. There is a grand piano with a lovely guy playing at night who was keen to chat and very friendly.
The front staff were very efficient. The rooms were beautiful- huge, wooden floor, lovely furniture, massive comfy bed with fluffy duvet, huge bathroom with bath shower and selection of lovely smellies. We enjoyed a couple of hours by the pool and is was also a very pleasant experience. My husband went to the gym and he said it was very well equipped.
Breakfast was a slight let down. The selection was vast so that good but there did not seem to be enough tables or staff. Some people had to wait for a table for their breakfast and service was not great as the waiters seemed to be trying to look after too many people each. I'm not sure if there was maybe some some of conference on and this meant they were busier than usual as there were lots of people taking breakfast with name badges on and it seems odd that the service was not top notch in such a lovely hotel.
We did not take any other food at the hotel but there was several restaurants which looked inviting. We ate at peshwari which we had seen in the lonely planet we were all set to get a taxi there. Little did we know peshwari was directly across the road from the Hilton so very handy indeed.
The hotel is literally a stones through from the airport-2minute drive
Top notch airport hotel!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Vkapai, General Manager at Hilton Mumbai International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2013

Dear niffaroo,

Thank you for your generous compliments of Hilton Mumbai International Airport, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We appreciate your feedback on our guest room, facilities and breakfast service, which we are sorry to note, was a disappointing experience for you. The team is making the necessary service delivery improvements so that especially during the hotel's peak periods, our guests remain well-looked after.

It was a pleasure to be of sevice to you and we look forward to welcoming you back, should your travels bring you back to Mumbai.

Reviewed 10 March 2013

The hotel is great and i would give it four stars but the check out experience ruined it all. The front officer executive took 30 minutes to check me out. He even tried to tell me he would send a manual bill later and that seemed so shady to me. He kept giving me excuses.....first blaming the system, then telling me i cannot separate some items on my bill on two different bills and worst of all not even making my bill properly on the letterhead of the hotel......also the amount of taxes varied significantly between what was mentioned on the bill and what was actually charged to me.....poor service and its sad since the rest of the hotel is great.....good food.....nice rooms, great ambiance but this aspect spoils it all. Seems more like a bunch of amateurs running the place. Not what you expect from Hilton.

Room Tip: Try choosing a pool facing room.....the other side ....nothing to see.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ttravel23

Dear ttravel23,

I am sorry to learn that the inconvenience you experienced during your check-out marred what could have been an overall pleasant stay for you.

Contrary to the impression you have gained, I wish to assure you that what you experienced does not reflect the high standards of service that we continually endeavour to achieve. We recognise that your check-out could have been handled more efficiently and through our on-going process reviews, continue to ensure that our service delivery is always professional and seamless.

Should you require further clarification on your billing, I invite you to contact our Assistant Front Office Manager Imran Khan directly on imran.khan2@hilton.com. He will be happy to assist you to make sure that everything is in order.

We are nevertheless glad to know that you were happy with our room, food and ambience. We hope for another opportunity to deliver a better experience to you, when you are next in Mumbai.