“A good hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Mumbai International Airport

Hilton Mumbai International Airport
Ranked #26 of 440 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Bhopal, India
“A good hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

Guess there are some advantages of staying in a brabded international hotel. A good hotel truly a good hotel. Good location, however, not so close to domestic airport. But from international airport very close. Was here 2 nights. Good spacious rooms, good amenities, good breakfast spread. Had a meal also in the coffee shop. Quite decent. Nice bar too. And for a 5 star hotel the price did not kill. Recommended.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Vkapai, General Manager at Hilton Mumbai International Airport, responded to this review, 10 April 2013
Dear KVD60,

Thank you for your kind review of Hilton Mumbai International Airport, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

It is good to know that you were happy with our guest room, amenities and dining experiences. We very much appreciate your recommendation and hope to welcome you back soon.

Vikas Kapai

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Dartmoor National Park, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2013

While we were waiting for our flight home after traveling for four months around India and Sri Lanka we popped into the bar and Resturant of the Hilton.....it was our last and by far the best meal we had experienced over the last four months. A little pricey but well worth it. The bar and surrounding areas are stunning and there are plenty of different style seating areas to please many tastes. The staff were incredibly attentive we would definitely recommend it for your last feast.....

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Vkapai, General Manager at Hilton Mumbai International Airport, responded to this review, 8 April 2013
Dear Kay B,

It gives us great pleasure to learn that we delivered a great experience to you before your trip home!

We thank you for your delightful feedback on your dining experience, which positively impacted your visit with us. It is also good to know that you felt well-taken care of and we hope to extend our warm hospitality again to you again, should you return to Mumbai in the future.

New Delhi
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2013

First of all,i would like to tell all my friends that the quality of the service is very poor including the response of the duty manager as he has no answers for the queries raised and puts everything on the shoulders of higher management . I came to this hotel to relax and enjoy my stay in Mumbai for 2 days. First of all when I checked in I was extremely disappointed seeing the toilets as it was not having the basic feature which is now available internationally or put on request that is the hand faucet . Secondly on my second day when I came from the hectic schedule at night I was shocked to see the letter from director operations that there will be no air conditioning and water in the morning from 10 am to 2 pm and that too on Sunday . Generally, my perception is internationally people wake late on Sundays I requested the duty manager to atleast change the timings but he said that as it is the decision of higher management . I would like to tell them that it is the duty of a good hotel to provide good hospitality in which this hotel lacks. It shows that the guest is not at all important for this hotel but the decisions made by the higher management , so I requests all the travellers to check in advance before check in ,that they have proper water and air conditioning services 24 hrs available or not ??????

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Amideeps
Vkapai, General Manager at Hilton Mumbai International Airport, responded to this review, 1 April 2013
Dear Amideeps,

I am sorry to learn that your recent stay with us fell below your expectations. Contrary to the impression you have gained from your experience, my team and I are dedicated to delivering the exemplary Hilton hospitality experience to all our guests.

With regard to the letter in our guest rooms, there was indeed a major issue in one of our pipelines that needed urgent rectification and required us to switch off the air conditioning and water. Whilst we apologise for the inconvenience caused, it was necessary for us to communicate on this important matter and carry out the rectification works to prevent any repercussions to the comfort of our guests.

We appreciate your feedback on the hand faucet, which has been taken into consideration as we plan future enhancements for the hotel.

Thank you for staying with us, we hope that there will be another opportunity in the future to deliver a better stay experience to you should you return to Mumbai.

Bahrain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2013

I had the fortune to stay here for 3 nights as a guest of a large airline based nearby so I had no clue whether this hotel would be good or bad. I was to be pleasantly surprised. This hotel is well staffed who offer an above average level of service to that experienced on my usual business trips. The staff are very attentive and professional from the door man through to the pool staff. The food quality is mostly standard hotel fare, not necessarily a bad thing by the way. That said, and because I get tired of the hotel buffets that I eat around the world, I chose to eat outside at the Flames kebab eatery by the pool just outside the main restaurant. Although Flames does not open until the evening , it is very pleasant to eat outside the main restaurant during a lazy afternoon and the chefs make very nice kebabs in the main restaurant too. I also liked the downstairs bar area which is quiet however it is shown in the hotel guide as a cigar bar but there is no smoking in the hotel. As a cigar smoker I was disappointed but luckily I was able to sit outside by the pool most evenings. I would advise that those eating outside at night to wear mosquito repellent if not used to being outside in tropical climes.

The rooms are of a suitable standard. Mine was pleasant and there are some important points worthy of note. My room was quiet with no noise coming from outside (however I felt the walls were a little thin as I heard my next door neighbour’s phone at numerous times of the evening), the blackout curtains are just that, there was lots of hot water if needed and the bed I had was very comfortable, in fact one of the most comfortable I have slept in in a hotel of this nature in a long time. I always prefer hotels where walk-in showers are available so to have that as well as a bath (I hate having to stand in baths to shower), and a bidet, and also to have enough lighting to shave in a shaving mirror that actually was in a useful position were all positives in my book.

The few negatives I would state, which actually wouldn’t stop me from staying here again, are that this is not really a five star hotel. The hotel is simply too small especially the main restaurant; so at breakfast the quiet tables can fill up quickly and at lunch during weekends families make it difficult to find a table. The choice of food available at breakfast is also a little short of 5 star. It was good but not great. One down side is that the cost of alcohol is quite high, being double that charged in typical nearby bars, which is something I wouldn’t normally complain about being a British Expat coming from the Middle East. As I didn't pay to stay here, only for the alcohol!!!, I can't comment fully on the overall value for money. Additionally the wifi fees are quite high and the connection is continuous so if you leave the hotel you can't log out to save hours. The best 5 star hotels I stay in typically have some form of free wifi, even if it is in just the lobby areas etc, so this is again an area where the hotel loses points regardless of the fact that it is provided FOC to the more privileged guests.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Dear Milk_Sheik,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Hilton Mumbai International Airport, we are glad that you generally enjoyed your experience with us.

Your constructive feedback is valuable to us and helps us to identify both our strengths and areas for improvement. Whilst we are pleased that you were comfortable in our guest room and enjoyed your dining experience at Flames, we have taken your comments regarding our WiFi service and breakfast offering into review. All of us here are committed to delivering the optimum standards of products and services expected of a Hilton hotel.

With regards to our Lounge Bar, it was indeed previously known as the Cigar Diwan. The information in the Hotel Guide will soon be replaced with the updated information.

It was a pleasure having you with us and we look forward to being of service to you again on your next trip to Mumbai.

Eugene, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2013

I am a Hilton Double Diamond VIP (I usually make Diamond by mid-year) so I selected this hotel since I am a Hilton guy and I needed to be in the area for work. I was pleasantly surprise...

Positives:

The airport limo pickup was fast, cheap & efficient. The check-in process was efficient and I got a free upgrade due to my status.

The rooms were decent size, well furnished and had an old world feel to them. I found the bed to be very comfortable and the hotel was surprisingly quiet.

The hotel features 24 hour dinning and the executive lounge had a very nice western style breakfast spread.

I paid 7,500 INR and was pleased with the value.

Negatives...

The area isn't great, you are not going to be walking to any shopping or dining outlets, but for an airport area hotel that is par for the course.

Room Tip: There are no good views, but this is an airport hotel. I said in room 414 near the executive lounge...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Dear Patrick97401,

Thank you for your kind review of Hilton Mumbai International Airport. Your loyalty as a Hilton HHonors member is valuable to us and we are glad that you were comfortable and felt well-looked after during your stay with us.

We appreciate your feedback on our airport transfer service, guest room and Executive Lounge. It is also good to know that you were happy with our food quality and service.

It was a pleasure having you with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Menton, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2013

After a food poisening I could not proceed my trip from Mumbai to Paris. Airfrance contacted Hilton Hotel at 3 pm in the morning and 10 min. later a limousine from the hotel picked us up and brought us to the hotel where we received the most friendly attention from the staff. Next morning they called a doctor and later they drove me to a private hospital, where I received the best treatment I could get. All the staff at Hilton gave us friendly attention and help. The limousine was at our disposal driving my husband up and down to the hospital. When I returned from hospital the kitchen prepared special dishes for me - this was really top quality. In spite of my bad luck they made these extra days we stayed at Hilton to a very positive experience! Excellent room, good facilities and a beautiful garden with pool.

1 Thank IngeWith
Dear IngeWith,

The pleasure was ours to extend our warm hospitality and ensure your comfort and well-being during your stay as you recovered from your illness.

Thank you for your kind feedback on the care that my team provided, which highlighted your positive experience with us. I am happy to learn that their service was friendly, professional and personalised - the hallmarks of the best service that we continually strive to deliver and that helped you on the path to recovery.

We hope that your travels bring you back to Mumbai in the future. We would be delighted to be of service to you again.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2013

This property is taken over by Le meridian, I have been here about 6 years ago and must say when it was under Le meridian it was better, The rooms are bit dated and have old furniture which have staines on them. Reception staff is good but they need to be confident about what they are doing. Pool side bar you need to remmeber your order so while paying your bill you need to tell them whta you had.

I had dinner in kebab house which has nice ambience but unfortunately had to eat cold food. I had my friend from london so thats why i didnt say anything that time but its embarrasing to complain. I also had food in their restaurant ordered for 1 biryani and they bought me 2 now we didnt wanted to make a fuss over there so we had to have it.

Called for room service no answer for about 20 min and then the order was taken. I ordered for club sandwich and i was asked if i wanted veg club sandwich when i clearly asked for Chi bacon letuce and egg. I gues staff not aware of hilton classics itself.

I have stayed in many hotels in Europe and Dubai. this was good experience but little bit disappointment.

Dear pranav1986,

Thank you for your candid review of Hilton Mumbai International Airport. As we continually endeavour to provide the best personalised service and stay experience to all our guests, your feedback and insigts are very much appreciated.

I am sorry to learn that your recent stay with us fell somewhat below your expectations. I wish to assure you that my team and I remain dedicated to ensuring the comfort and well-being of our guests through the delivery of warm and professional service, as well as top quality food. Through our on-going process reviews and training programmes, I am confident my team continues to uphold the high standards of the products and services expected of a Hilton hotel.

Your continued patronage is valuable to us and we sincerely hope that here will be another opportunity to extend a better stay experience to you in the future. It was a pleasure to have you with us.