“Excellent for stopovers”
Review of The Leela Mumbai

The Leela Mumbai
Ranked #18 of 454 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
no fixed location
“Excellent for stopovers”
Reviewed 6 April 2013

The Leela Kempinski isn't close to town but if you are flying early the next day out of Mumbai, The Leela is a great place to be.

I stayed for only one night on business and was flying out the next morning from Mumbai, everything about it was perfect. Sitting by the quiet secluded outdoor poor with my laptop made me forget I was travelling on business.

The rooms were excellent, the staff were friendly the food was varied for all tastes and seemed to all be of a high standard.

The location can't rival the Trident or suchlike but the services and facilities were as good as any other Mumbai 5 star.

Very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Gaurav S, Resident Manager at The Leela Mumbai, responded to this review, 9 April 2013
On behalf of my team, I thank you for giving us the opportunity to host you during your stay in our vibrant city.

It’s a pleasure to know that you were able to enjoy the verdant poolside and calm exteriors that we are so proud of.

We hope to meet you soon again.

Resident Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (444)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 6 April 2013 via mobile

after having spent a couple of days in Taj Lake Palace, Udaipur, we arrived from the airport by Leela's BMW at the hotel ... and surprise !! Nobody welcomed us and so nobody took care of our baggage ! unbelievable for a so called 5star hotel.
we had to find the way to the club reception on the 8th floor by ourselves ... where we experienced a slightly arrogant "registration procedere" .... it's all about Leela's lack of training and skills of people, working at the "guest" front - definitely not a place for us to visit again

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank hps01
Greetings from The Leela.

At the outset, please accept my sincere apologies for your disappointing experience.

I shall definitely speak to the team to understand the reason behind the breakdown in our service offering. However, I hope you will be cognizant of the numerous accolades conferred on us by a forum such as Tripadvisor itself – by discerning travellers such as yourself – and give us the opportunity to correct our mistakes.

Please do ask for me at the time of booking, so I can personally ensure that all goes well.

We look forward to welcoming you in our midst soon again.

walsall
Reviewed 5 April 2013

We stayed at the Leela for the second time recently. This is a beautiful hotel very near the International Hotel. We had a promotional weekend offer stay. It was an excellent offer and we'll worth the money. The breakfast at this hotel is the best we have had anywhere ! It was outstanding with a huge choice of cold and hot buffet. It has a very peaceful atmosphere and a lovely swimming pool and garden. Very convenient for the airport. Would definitely recommend this hotel !

Room Tip: Do not take the airport taxis to the hotel as they are more expensive. Take a taxi from outside the...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
It is the kind words of patrons such as yourself that keeps us motivated to better our best.

Thank you very much, and we look forward to meeting you soon again.

Ahmedabad, India
Reviewed 5 April 2013

I have been to this hotel in 2007 when i was in Mumbai. i was invited for Yahoo Meet & i was happy to see this luxury hotel

Truly memorable experience and excellent food & would like to visit again if get a chance

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Greetings from The Leela.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope you give us the opportunity soon again.

Adelaide, South Australia
Reviewed 3 April 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Leela Hotel for 3 nights before heading to onto a retreat. The Leela was a welcome oasis away from the hustle and bustle of the chaos and noise of Mumbai. Located close to the airport it was a welcome stop after the long journey from Australia. Being a single woman traveling alone I felt welcomed and safe in this hotel, I booked a room in the Royal club and found the service & amenities wonderful.
Having stayed in many world class luxury properties around the world the Leela did not disappoint me, I would definitely choose to return on my next visit.. If you want a property close to airport that offers a luxury experience look no further than the Lerla and when booking treat yourself to a rRoyal club room you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed February 2013
Gaurav S, Resident Manager at The Leela Mumbai, responded to this review, 5 April 2013
Greetings from The Leela.

I am glad you had the opportunity and time to enjoy our serene poolside – a unique feature among hotels in a city such as Mumbai, our Royal Club – our hotel within a hotel offering, and our world-class amenities.

Safety and security of our guests, especially single lady travellers such as yourself, is an aspect we place a great deal of premium on and I am happy to acknowledge your response to this.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon again.

Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2013

Similar to other reviewers, I would make your choice on where to stay in Mumbai based on the amount of travelling you need to do.
The Leela is only 10 mins from the airport and a similar distance to where I need to work, so for me ideal. However if you want to to see some of Mumbai's 'sites'... then you will need to travel- the amazing Chhatraparti Shivaji train station, Crawford Market and the unimpressive Gateway are all well over an hours drive.

In summary;
The bar is ok, but very expensive.
Have tried two of the restaurants and both were very good.
Rooms- large, clean and very good standard.
Pool Area and Gym both very good.

Overall in my opinion, the Leela not exactly 5 star greatness but a safe choice in a good location.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Greetings from The Leela.

We pride ourselves on offering world-class service at competitive rates. While your stay was satisfactory, our efforts are focused on making it memorable.

I would appreciate some time with you, the next time you stay with us, to understand where the service fell short of your expectations.

I look forward to meeting you soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2013

I was returning to the Leela after a few years absence and I am very pleased to report that the high standards I enjoyed previously were still there.
Many of the staff still there very attentive and accommodating.
The pool and garden area is beautifully kept and it makes a days relaxation very easy
I dined both nights in the hotel and the meals were first class
Definitely a five star experience
Why am I writing this now?
I didn't write at the the time and I am just booking my next visit

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Thank you so much for your kind words.

We look forward to welcoming you and hope we can make the experience even more special and memorable.