After a lot of deliberation, my to-be wife and I decided to book one of the suites at the Taj Mahal Palace for our wedding night. We arrived late at night, after an exhausting wedding day. To our relief, check-in took less than five minutes and the staff were smiling even at that late hour.
The staff had put in extra effort to decorate the room with balloons, rose petals and other items for our wedding night. They had also put a complementary bottle of wine and a cake as part of the package. Shortly after we entered the room, our butler came in to explain the features of the room. He seemed unaware that it was a newlywed couple, or good sense would have prevailed and he would not have showed up in the first place. Anyways, there were no further interruptions.
The room was very comfortable and had a beautiful view of the Gateway of India. Breakfast the next day was delicious, with a lot of variety. Our second night was just as comfortable. The staff was polite and the hotel had a great vibe overall...very peaceful in the chaos that is Mumbai. Check-out was a breeze and though I live in Mumbai and have been to all the Taj's restaurants multiple times, I was glad that I chose this hotel to stay at during such an important event of my life!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1903, The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai is India's first luxury hotel. Offering panoramic views of the Arabian Sea and the gateway of India, the hotel is a city landmark. The hotel offers 543 rooms including 54 suites, each adorned with original paintings and period furniture that exude an aura of old-world charm and elegance. The restaurants at The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai offer distinctive dining experiences that cover the finest Indian and international cuisines - from casual, all-day eateries to Oriental, Japanese, Indian and Mediterranean fine dining. The hotel also houses the first licensed bar of Mumbai and also a beautiful sea-front restaurant for high tea and live music. Palace Services in the Palace Wing of the hotel add to the experience, where the butler plays the all important role of guide and assistant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Mahal Palace Hotel Mumbai (Bombay)
- Hotel Taj Mahal Palace
- Taj Palace Hotel
- The Taj Mahal Hotel
- Taj Hotels
- The Taj Hotel
- The Taj Mahal Palace Hotel