This is one of the best properties in India and Mumbai. Located at the southernmost tip of the city, this hotel has seen India through the ages. Located bang opposite to the Gateway of India - this is a great place to stay if you are visiting India for the first time.
You can try some of the Indian cuisines here as they are authentic and the chef can make it to suit your taste - which is the best part.
Their rooms and interiors are amazing with great architecture.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1903, The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai is India's first luxury hotel. Offering panoramic views of the Arabian Sea and the gateway of India, the hotel is a city landmark. The hotel offers 543 rooms including 54 suites, each adorned with original paintings and period furniture that exude an aura of old-world charm and elegance. The restaurants at The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai offer distinctive dining experiences that cover the finest Indian and international cuisines - from casual, all-day eateries to Oriental, Japanese, Indian and Mediterranean fine dining. The hotel also houses the first licensed bar of Mumbai and also a beautiful sea-front restaurant for high tea and live music. Palace Services in the Palace Wing of the hotel add to the experience, where the butler plays the all important role of guide and assistant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Mahal Palace Hotel Mumbai (Bombay)
- Hotel Taj Mahal Palace
- Taj Hotels
- The Taj Mahal Palace Hotel
- The Taj Mahal Hotel
- The Taj Hotel
- Taj Palace Hotel