We stayed here in an oasis overlooking the Gateway to India and the chaos of traffic, crowds, humidity and heat, crumbling footpaths, horses and carts, smells and exotic colours that define India. This would probably be the best part of Mumbai as a traveller as the beachside hotels and shops seemed little different from elsewhere. There are good restaurants of all budgets nearby and great street markets to home bartering skills.
The 'Taj' is worth a visit to see the foyer with its exquisite flowers and piano player as well as the incredible passing parade of business people and travellers from elsewhere in the nation, Asia, Middle East, Europe and America. The wonderful buffet breakfast certainly reflected their needs.
The pool and garden was an amazing sojourn from the streets adjacent and the Restaurants although no cheap were safe and satisfying.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1903, The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai is India's first luxury hotel. Offering panoramic views of the Arabian Sea and the Gateway of India, the hotel is a city landmark. The hotel offers 543 rooms including 54 suites, each adorned with original paintings and period furniture that exude an aura of old-world charm and elegance. The restaurants at The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai offer distinctive dining experiences that cover the finest Indian and international cuisines - from casual, all-day eateries to Oriental, Japanese, Indian and Mediterranean fine dining. The hotel also houses the first licensed bar of Mumbai and also a beautiful sea-front restaurant for hi-tea and live music. Palace Services in the Palace Wing of the hotel add to the experience, where the butler plays the all important role of guide and assistant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Taj Mahal Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Mahal Palace Hotel Mumbai (Bombay)
- Hotel Taj Mahal Palace
- Taj Hotels
- The Taj Mahal Hotel
- Taj Palace Hotel
- The Taj Mahal Palace Hotel
- The Taj Hotel