“good experience”

The Taj Mahal Palace
Ranked #3 of 453 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Chandigarh, India
“good experience”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

went for an ultrasound conference , simply loved the place , good vibes ,excellent ambience ,
too good interiors , very well maintained , beautifully done up .
Hotel staff extremely well behaved and courteous , showing ultimate hospitality .
Reception staff very cooperative , we wanted the sea facing room and were obliged .
Food was very good . want to go back again ,soon .
want to always stay in the Taj group

Room Tip: choose a sea facing room
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
tmhgm_bom, General Manager at The Taj Mahal Palace, responded to this review, 9 May 2014

Greetings from The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor further to your experience at The Taj.

Your compliments about the staff in particular, delight me and it gives me great pleasure to share it with the team. Your kind words of appreciation for our staff members will go a long way in motivating and encouraging them to do even better in future.

Thanks ever so much for sharing your feedback.

We greatly value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back to The Taj soon.

The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,620)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Mumbai, India
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Stayed here for a night in the old wing and was spell bound by its beauty and amazing renovation done post terrorist attacks. Must add that it has not lost its old world charm.
The Taj Mahal Palace Mumbai is a ideally located hotel in southern mumbai. And as usual service was exemplary.
Kudos and keep up the great work

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank AvijitSen
tmhgm_bom, General Manager at The Taj Mahal Palace, responded to this review, 7 May 2014

Ahmedabad, India
Reviewed 6 May 2014

a beautiful hotel.nice ambience and ultimate hospitality.
necessarily have to stay in the old wing with heritage rooms,lobbies and staircases.
the tower building is also good but if u need the taj feel..have to stay in the old wing.
souk at 22nd floor gives a wonderful view of the gateway of india must see.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Carbondale, Colorado
Reviewed 5 May 2014

My wife and I spent one night at the Taj and only wish we could have stayed a few more. When we arrived mid morning our room was not available but the reception clerk immediately took us to the club lounge and offered us coffee, tea and sweet rolls plus the morning English papers. After about 35 minutes we were taken to our beautifully appointed rooms where we registered etc.Baggage immediately followed. Not two minutes had passed before a room service waiter appeared with fresh fruit and water. We did not have a view of the Gate to India but that did not matter as our room was quiet and bright. Wow the pool area is extraordinary and huge with attendants making sure one has lots of towels etc.The hotel has excellent security and is well located.....walking distance to The Gate to India. We ate in the Chinese restaurant where the food was spectacular but the service was quite slow especially when we asked for the check. Other than that we had a lovely stay and recommend the hotel highly.

Room Tip: Stay in the original section....more colonial feel with high ceilings, large bathrooms and not so lo...

Greetings from The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai.

I have also noted your feedback on slow service at the Golden Dragon and appreciate your honest feedback.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I had the best time in India and for the most part I believe it had to do with the experience I had in this hotel.
Being my first time in India and absolutely alone I had my share of doubts and concerns about the city, but my father reassured me that I would be ok if i stayed in the Taj Mahal Palace, a hotel he loves and praises.
I took his advise and pre booked a superior room with a sea view in the tower wing without knowing the differences of the palace and tower wing. Of course my father got quite annoyed as he wanted me to get the full experience of the Palace wing, however, I have no complaints, staying in the tower was no bother at all and I had a room facing the Getaway of India (how amazing is that).
I cannot stress enough how the service was impeccable and how I was impressed by the facilities and staff: attentive, reliable, nice without being fussy and overbearing.
From Mumbai I went to other destinations and stayed at other two five stars hotels which disappointed me and did not met the standards I was used to in the Taj.
Overall a great stay and I’m most definitely coming back.

Room Tip: If staying in the tower wing try and see if 506 is available. Impeccable view of the Getaway of Indi...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

Killarney, Australia
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We stayed here in an oasis overlooking the Gateway to India and the chaos of traffic, crowds, humidity and heat, crumbling footpaths, horses and carts, smells and exotic colours that define India. This would probably be the best part of Mumbai as a traveller as the beachside hotels and shops seemed little different from elsewhere. There are good restaurants of all budgets nearby and great street markets to home bartering skills.
The 'Taj' is worth a visit to see the foyer with its exquisite flowers and piano player as well as the incredible passing parade of business people and travellers from elsewhere in the nation, Asia, Middle East, Europe and America. The wonderful buffet breakfast certainly reflected their needs.
The pool and garden was an amazing sojourn from the streets adjacent and the Restaurants although no cheap were safe and satisfying.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I do not know where to start on how amazing this hotel is.ltne history of the hotel...
our hotel driver was great to the greetings. And pointed out all the sites of mumbai. If you stay, spend more and stay at the old part if the hotel, you won't regret spending the cash!
To having access to the palace lounge, the staff there are so friendly, one guy called shiraja & a girl who were amazing!
The service was amazing, breakfast okay but staff great.
The pool area was bliss and again staff was great handing water, it was 39degrees.
My mother in law went to the spa which was amazing.
The rooms were lush, clean and everything we walked to our room all the staff greeted us.
I hope to return to the taj, or heaven very very soon! Lid
What I would like to see more of is see the guest tip the staff as they deserve it. Wow wow wow

Room Tip: Stay in the old part of hotel. Get the hotel cab. Use the palace lounge fir drinks and chill.