This iconic hotel lives up to its worldwide reputation. It will make any visit to India special and show you just how great a hotel can be. This was my second time, having tagged on a couple of days to a business trip, and I was not disappointed. If you can push the budget, go for the Palace wing with its butler service and views of the gateway to India. This is truly a special experience which you will not forget.
The cuisine, the magnificent setting, the tranquillity of the breathtaking pool area, the calmness of the Tea lounge , they all take you back to a bygone era of luxury. And yet you're not in some bland five star bubble, you really have a sense of where you are in the world and feel connected to a part of Indian heritage when you stay here.
In summary, faultless - yet genuinely friendly and personal service. A true oasis in which to retreat after hot and crazy days in this overwhelming city. Worth the indulgence.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1903, The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai is India's first luxury hotel. Offering panoramic views of the Arabian Sea and the Gateway of India, the hotel is a city landmark. The hotel offers 550 rooms including 42 suites, each adorned with original paintings and period furniture that exude an aura of old-world charm and elegance. The restaurants at The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai offer distinctive dining experiences that cover the finest Indian and international cuisines - from casual, all-day eateries to Oriental, Japanese, Indian and Mediterranean fine dining. The hotel also houses the first licensed bar of Mumbai and also a beautiful sea-front restaurant for hi-tea and live music. Palace Services in the Palace Wing of the hotel add to the experience, where the butler plays the all important role of guide and assistant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Odigeo and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Taj Mahal Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Mahal Palace Hotel Mumbai (Bombay)
- Hotel Taj Mahal Palace
- The Taj Mahal Palace Hotel
- The Taj Hotel
- The Taj Mahal Hotel
- Taj Hotels
- Taj Palace Hotel