“Best hotel stay that I have ever had”

Ranked #5 of 489 Hotels in Mumbai
Reviewed 7 August 2014

One of my most favourite hotel. I loved everything these was to love about the hotel, the room was clean and very cozy, the service was way beyond my expectation and the food to die for. The location is excellent.
I stayed in August 2012 for my 30th birthday, I was working in India alone and decided to allow me a weekend of luxury. The hotel is welcoming and like I have said before the service was beyond my expecations. It was personal and made you feel right at home. Being one of the first (one before) from my country to visit the hotel they printed out the my national newspapers to read. Really amazing, it is not just a hotel stay it is an experience!

Room Tip: Does not matter where you get a room the old or the new part, it will be good
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Ásdís L
tmhgm_bom, General Manager at The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Greetings from The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor further to your experience at The Taj.

Thanks ever so much for sharing your feedback.

We greatly value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back to The Taj soon.

The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai

Write a ReviewReviews (7,214)

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Stayed at the Taj Mahal Palace, Colaba, Mumbai on 1st Aug. We had a top floor room facing the Gateway of India & it was an amazing site. There was nothing fancy about the room, but had an old/royal charm to it. The balcony facing the sea was def a plus point. The service was top notch, we asked for linen sheets at 2am in the night & the call was answered & delivered in 5 mins.
The food quality was really good. The breakfast area ambience besides the swimming pool was too good & the offerings of western & Indian cuisine was elaborate. I will def say that the staff was the real highlight, everybody was courteous & helpful. As expected it was a SUPER experience.. :)

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank pag1382
tmhgm_bom, General Manager at The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Greetings from The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai.

Your compliments about the staff in particular, delight me and it gives me great pleasure to share it with the team.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stayed there after the terrorists attack and maybe a year after it reopened. The rooms are large and nicely decorated. The service is as always, at its best when it comes to Taj Heritage hotels accross the country. We had a buttler asking us on the way out of our room what were our plans for the day. When we got back, we had on our bed a list of addresses and tips about the city related to our plans !!! To me the best service ever.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank titiparis01

Reviewed 5 August 2014

The Taj Mahal is by far the very BEST hotel I have ever had the honor and priviledge to experience. Everybody and everything is exquisite. This hotel is a piece of paradise which will make your trip (business or leisure) unforgettable. Namaste ! I will NEVER forget you !

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Alex6679
tmhgm_bom, General Manager at The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Right from entering to the main lobby to getting a bon voyage from the staff.
This hotel lives upto the Taj standards
Other hotel should send there staff here to make them understand what guest service means!
The food was delicious, the satff ws attentive and caring , the rooms gives u a sense of royalty
What else u want ! I am sure they have lotta things in store.
Will keep visiting!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Peeyush26

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

The entrance is hidden with gates and security as you enter. Security is very high on the agenda here which is good. Beautiful Lobby as we enter. At reception we we're check in smoothly even though it was very busy. Given a lovely jasmine garland and taken to our room with complimentary drink. We had been upgrade to the the heritage wing which was a nice surprise. The view was not good as it was a corner room. The room was large with high ceilings and luxury bed and separate bathroom with all the amenities. The stair case is amazing. The palace has very old English colonial feel and look to it around the heritage wing especially around the pool. The pool is lovely with a great service but having lunch can prove very expensive. Breakfast at the sea lounge has beautiful views of the gate way of India. The breakfast has an average choice but do ask for the Indian breakfast as it is excellent. We did not eat at any of the restaurants in the hotel as there are many great restaurants outside of the hotel. For Indian try Trishna which has fantastic inexpensive food. The gate way of India is lite up at night. We did not much hassle from beggars even though it's a very busy place. To see the sights in Mumbai and to shop hire a blue air conditioned cab out of the hotel for the day(8hrs) for around 2000 rupees but do bear in mind there is lots of traffic in Mumbai. The service in the Taj is excellent but to me the property makes it. The worst thing about the Taj is having no free internet. Overall the best luxury hotel for those who can afford it.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Nisha B

Greetings from The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai.

I have also noted your feedback on the breakfast, room view and restaurants being expensive and appreciate your honest feedback.

To address your query, as our internet (WiFi) service is outsourced, we regret our inability to include it in the room rate currently and I thank you for your patience and understanding in this regard.

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

The rooms were consumed and very old with very bad smell and worse view.. it smells like urine.. back in my county such a hotel will Not even take 2 stars only... we spook to the manager about the smell who only sent a cleaner to clean the room and put a device that did nothing actually .. that 3 days was horable that no one cloud sleep and we all ran to our agency to rescadule our flight back to my country... they were not cooperative with us as they didn't even offer us to change the room moreover we ask them to change the room but all what we get was a machine that did nothing..
i will never get back to taj and i don't recommend that hotel to any one who expect a 5 stars hotel

• Stayed: August 2014
9  Thank however j

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure having you stay with us. We appreciate your feedback, as it is indeed the pre-eminent barometer by which we can measure our achievements and shortfalls, in providing the best of services to our valued guests, such as yourself.

We have taken your comments about the room into consideration and will take this up seriously with the concerned departments.

We greatly value your patronage and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai in the not too distant future.

The Taj Mahal Palace