“mesmerizing monument of luxury- incredible india”

The Taj Mahal Palace
Ranked #4 of 452 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Reviewed 11 August 2014

this was the most wonderful hotel stay in our life- we had a mixture of tradition, heritage and history all around us in this monumental hotel. we were ushered an and pampered in this monument of luxury and had an unprecedented and finest experience ever.

Room Tip: the room with the view to "the gateway to india" and arab sea
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vhm1967
tmhgm_bom, General Manager at The Taj Mahal Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Greetings from The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor further to your experience at The Taj.

Thanks ever so much for sharing your feedback.

We greatly value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back to The Taj soon.

There are newer reviews for The Taj Mahal Palace

Reviewed 11 August 2014

The Taj is where me and my partner have always celebrated landmarks in our lives. Either Golden Dragon, Masala Kraft, Souk, Sea Lounge or Zodiac grill is where we usually go. We chose to spend a night here once and what a memorable experience it was!

We did the the Taj Hotel tour which is at 5pm everyday and i recommend everyone to go for it. Lovely anecdotes about the hotel were told and various artifacts were explained..

Pros
-Hospitality: One cannot beat the hospitality at the Taj, everyone is made to feel important and esteemed. If they realized that they've managed to upset you, they'll go all out to correct it and make sure a smile is put on to your face! Their older staff is just delightful and pleasing.
-Food: Take time out to enjoy all their eateries all are brilliant!

Cons
The rooms were good but they have an old feel, some may find it charming many will not. The bathroom tiles are pretty old and so is the lighting, there's no ambient lighting in the bathroom which most hotels today have. For the price I think the rooms could be spruced up a little.

Room Tip: Higher floors, sea-facing!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Neha_Goa

Greetings from The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai.

Your compliments about the staff in particular, delight me and it gives me great pleasure to share it with the team.

I have also noted your feedback on the quality of room and bathroom and appreciate your honest feedback.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Stay at Taj will remain as one of the most unforgettable stay. Lovely location, ambience, awesome food and service. The breakfast spread is one of the best I have ever had in India or abroad. Would love to go again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Meenakshi_nagdeve
tmhgm_bom, General Manager at The Taj Mahal Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Reviewed 7 August 2014

One of my most favourite hotel. I loved everything these was to love about the hotel, the room was clean and very cozy, the service was way beyond my expectation and the food to die for. The location is excellent.
I stayed in August 2012 for my 30th birthday, I was working in India alone and decided to allow me a weekend of luxury. The hotel is welcoming and like I have said before the service was beyond my expecations. It was personal and made you feel right at home. Being one of the first (one before) from my country to visit the hotel they printed out the my national newspapers to read. Really amazing, it is not just a hotel stay it is an experience!

Room Tip: Does not matter where you get a room the old or the new part, it will be good
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Ásdís L

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Stayed at the Taj Mahal Palace, Colaba, Mumbai on 1st Aug. We had a top floor room facing the Gateway of India & it was an amazing site. There was nothing fancy about the room, but had an old/royal charm to it. The balcony facing the sea was def a plus point. The service was top notch, we asked for linen sheets at 2am in the night & the call was answered & delivered in 5 mins.
The food quality was really good. The breakfast area ambience besides the swimming pool was too good & the offerings of western & Indian cuisine was elaborate. I will def say that the staff was the real highlight, everybody was courteous & helpful. As expected it was a SUPER experience.. :)

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank pag1382
tmhgm_bom, General Manager at The Taj Mahal Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stayed there after the terrorists attack and maybe a year after it reopened. The rooms are large and nicely decorated. The service is as always, at its best when it comes to Taj Heritage hotels accross the country. We had a buttler asking us on the way out of our room what were our plans for the day. When we got back, we had on our bed a list of addresses and tips about the city related to our plans !!! To me the best service ever.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank titiparis01

Reviewed 5 August 2014

The Taj Mahal is by far the very BEST hotel I have ever had the honor and priviledge to experience. Everybody and everything is exquisite. This hotel is a piece of paradise which will make your trip (business or leisure) unforgettable. Namaste ! I will NEVER forget you !

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Alex6679
tmhgm_bom, General Manager at The Taj Mahal Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014