“Excellent Front Office team.”
Review of The Oberoi, Mumbai

The Oberoi, Mumbai
Ranked #1 of 489 Hotels in Mumbai
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Had a 1 night short stay,
After long journey you are welcomed by great member, room was very clean and couldn't be better then this, could not fault single thing in room. But most amazing thing was front office team who was always happy to help and go out of way for every guest I saw.
Dinner in restaurant was amazing also staff there made sure if I enjoyed food.
Exceptional service I found was from Ruhi based on Reception. Who checked me in.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
TheOberoi_Mumbai, Front Office Manager at The Oberoi, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing your valuable time to post feedback of your stay through TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to note that you had an enjoyable stay and that our service and facilities exceeded your expectations.

Your generous compliments have been shared with Ruhi and the entire team at Ziya for whom it will be a tremendous source of inspiration.

The team and I, look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Executive Vice President

Write a ReviewReviews (2,425)

Reviewed 28 April 2014

It is often said that hospitality in Asia is pushed beyond the limit. If there was step past that, Oberoi Mumbai would certainly qualify. I had an opportunity to stay there for 6 nights in November / December, 2013. On a return trip to Mumbai this April, I chose to spend 7 nights at the Oberoi Mumbai. Somebody from the Front Desk was waiting at the entrance of the Hotel to greet me when I arrived. They knew what type of Tea I liked, and had it sent to my room right away. From the Bell hop to the people at Front desk to Housekeeping, everything was truly exceptional. If I were to be a bit critical of the hotel, I would say that the staff during breakfast weren't the friendliest. They figured that the Arab guests tip more generously, so their focus was on those guests and at times I did feel a bit neglected. Oh well, no big deal - can't expect perfection everywhere. I have stayed at this property for 13 nights in the past 5 months, and I truly wish that I have more opportunities to visit Mumbai, if only to stay at Oberoi. Also a fantastic location.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
TheOberoi_Mumbai, General Manager at The Oberoi, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay again at The Oberoi, Mumbai and for posting your valuable feedback on TripAdvisor.

We are very happy to receive your feedback and to learn that based on your past experience you chose to stay with us again.

While I am delighted that overall, you had a very wonderful stay, I am sorry to learn about your experience at breakfast. I have shared your feedback with the team who strive hard to look after all our guests in a similar manner, such feedback is certainly a learning.

We value your support and patronage. The team and I, look forward to welcoming you back to your home in Mumbai.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 28 April 2014

My wife and I had a lovely stay at yet another fabulous Oberoi hotel. As expected, the service, the staff, the hotel menus and food quality, the location and overall hotel standards were exceptional (you have to book dinner at the Michelen Star restaurant Ziya). The Oberoi Mumbai is perfectly located and not too far from the main areas of Colaba, Fort and shopping districts. The Naramin point is a stones throw away from the hotel's doorstep and a sea-view room is absolutely stunning.

Well done to the staff at The Oberoi Mumbai and thank you again for a wonderful and pleasant stay. Look forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: Sea-View Room - see pictures attached.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Harjit G
TheOberoi_Mumbai, General Manager at The Oberoi, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Oberoi, Mumbai and for sharing your encouraging feedback through TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to note that your wife and you had a wonderful experience.

The Oberoi, Mumbai is indeed in close proximity to various Heritage sites and places of tourist interest. This includes the Chatrapati Shivaji Terminus earlier known as the Victoria Terminus, The Rajabai Tower, Prince of Wales Museum, Gateway of India and the famous Queen’s necklace.

Your appreciation of our service, the location and your dining experience at Ziya is very inspiring.

Thank you once again for your generous feedback.

The team and I, eagerly await your return in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Mainly the Oberoi Mumbai is a business hotel, however, being tourists we felt very comfortable here as well. The interior is businesslike and modern, but very tasteful and excellent maintained.
Management and staff are working hand in hand which made a very good atmoshere right from the beginning till our departure. We would like to emphasize the hotel staff who was always ready to go the extra mile to make us feel very comfortable and providing us a personalized service. Summarized we enjoyed a hotel on highest luxury level with a exemplary service

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MiroSu
TheOberoi_Mumbai, General Manager at The Oberoi, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing your valuable time to review The Oberoi, Mumbai on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to note that you had a memorable experience and that you have taken fond memories of your stay with us.

The team is happy to learn that you were impressed with our overall service and facilities and most of all your emphasis on the quality of staff is most encouraging. People are our biggest assets, and such praise is a reward for all the effort the team puts in.

I do hope that you have more occasions to visit The Oberoi, Mumbai.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Mother and son (11 years) chose this hotel due to other comments here - this is the best service, suite and location in Mumbai. We also arranged to have a driver and car for a day and that was amazing. From playing cricket with the locals in Mumbai central, to returning home to our amazing suite, turn down service like they were invisible and knowing how to cater for the international traveller was excellent. This hotel is without a doubt a superior property and a flagship to the group - well done management.

Room Tip: pay more and opt for a Suite/driver/car/bfasts and internet.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank KARIAN136

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Oberoi, Mumbai and for sharing your valuable feedback through TripAdvisor.

We are very happy to read your feedback and to note that your son and you had an enjoyable stay at The Oberoi Mumbai.

Your generous praise is very rewarding.

The team and I, look forward to your continued visits and to welcoming you back each time you visit The Oberoi Mumbai.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Wow, what a fabulous stay I had at the Oberoi Mumbai. From the moment I was met at the airport through to the point of check out, the service offered by the Oberoi was second to none. All of the staff were extremely friendly, helpful, welcoming, thoughtful and professional. The hotel is in a wonderful location, the food in all of the restaurants exceeded my expectations and was delicious, the pool area was relaxing and clean, the spa was simply wonderful – I have never felt so pampered, and my room was extremely comfortable, bright and clean. I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough, the experience was wonderful and I hope to be back again next time I am in Mumbai.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank 1SLW

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing your valuable to review The Oberoi, Mumbai on TripAdvisor.

We are very pleased to learn that you had an enjoyable experience and that the service and facilities exceeded your expectations.

The team is our strength and your encouraging feedback will further motivate them to scale greater heights of excellence.

Thank you for recommending The Oberoi, Mumbai.

I do hope that you visit us again, very soon.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

My fiancée and I stayed here for 2 nights before our flight back home. The room was excellent and the service was equal to no other hotel. The spa experience was awesome and we enjoyed the high quality gym. There was live jazz music at the bar and the lady even sang happy birthday for my friend! I would recommend the oberoi to anyone looking to stay in a 5-star hotel in Mumbai. This is absolutely faultless hotel, and the Oberoi brand is probably the best in the world, to me!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank drdemon17

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure having your fiancée and you stay at The Oberoi, Mumbai.

We are very happy to receive your feedback and to learn that you enjoyed your evening at The Eau Bar, had a relaxing Spa treatment, you like the well-appointed room and appreciated the service.

Your generous praise of The Oberoi, Mumbai being the best is the world is very rewarding.

Thank you for recommending our hotel.

The team and I, look forward to your continued visits.