“superb”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Oberoi, Mumbai

The Oberoi, Mumbai
Ranked #1 of 444 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
sydney
“superb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

Our second time here,wont be our last,what service,you just cant say enough about the staff,everything this hotel provides is first class,food,bars,car service,rooms,the view,but it would meen nothing without the staff,they truly make this hotel one of the best in the world,special note to dishna(hope I spelt that correct)to see her smiling face in the morning at breakfast was a great way to start the day.was a week to remember.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
TheOberoi_Mumbai, General Manager at The Oberoi, Mumbai, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing your valuable time to review The Oberoi, Mumbai on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to note that you had an enjoyable stay and that the overall service and facilities exceeded your expectations.

Your generous compliments have been shared with the entire team and especially with Disha for whom it will be a tremendous source of inspiration.

We value your patronage and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Executive Vice President

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (579)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Mawdesley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

We arrived in Mumbai on a flight from Delhi and were met by our guide, but before we got to our car we were greeted by a representative from the hotel who had also come to welcome us to Mumbai.This was definitely a first! The hotel was very modern and our suite was excellent with a great ocean view. After cocktails in the bar, which were very good, we ate in the Fenix restaurant which offered good service, a varied menu and very good food. To us it seemed quite a waste to have a top class Italian restaurant in the hotel but if you live in Mumbai it is probably a great experience. If you don't want to eat in the hotel or you want to do a bit of shopping the hotel is connected to the adjoining hotel and a shopping centre where you can dig out a craft souvenir of your visit to Mumbai.
If you want a top class modern hotel in Mumbai I don't believe that there is anywhere better than the Oberoi and it would be our first choice for our next visit.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay at The Oberoi, Mumbai and we thank you for sharing your feedback through TripAdvisor.

We are happy to note that you had a wonderful stay and that you enjoyed the ambience, the splendid view, the dining experience and the location of the hotel.

The team is delighted to note that The Oberoi, will be the hotel of your choice whenever you travel to Mumbai.

I do hope that you have the opportunity to visit us again in the not too distant future.

Warm regards,
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

Location! Location Location! Other than the arrival sequence which was perhaps a cabbie faux pas, this property is uber with style and luxury. The cabbie dropped me at the Trident entrance which in itself was chaotic as I had to verify with the doorman whether I arrived at the correct location ;). So make sure you are dropped at the correct drop-off. Nevertheless, I was redirected internally to the Oberoi property which is adjacent. The staff (at Trident) was very helpful and to my pleasant surprise, my luggage was delivered to my room seamlessly and no sweat. The room was relatively smaller but immaculate and luxuriously cozy. The bar restaurant had amazing live music and the artist on the stage managed to keep me awake with her amazing voice…The Saffron infused Gin Martini was one of the nicest drinks I have had in a while.

No 24 hour coffee shop dampened my spirits but the adjacent Trident came to my rescue…not without being surrounded by young brats and casual night crowd seeking to escape the Mumbai madness! Breakfast was nice and boutique and if you like egg-white omelets, make sure you try one! You won't regret. I managed to find the right exit door this time ;) Overall a fantastic experience!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
TheOberoi_Mumbai, General Manager at The Oberoi, Mumbai, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Oberoi, Mumbai and for sharing your wonderful feedback through TripAdvisor.

We are very happy to receive your feedback and to note that you had an enjoyable experience at our hotel.

I am sorry to hear that you were inconvenienced due to the cab drivers fault. I am happy our team at Trident Nariman Point assisted you. The Oberoi and the Trident have a connecting corridor, which enables all our guests to use the facilities of both these hotels.

Your generous compliments have been shared with the entire team for whom it will be a tremendous source of inspiration.

The team and I, look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Oberoi, Mumbai.

Montgomery, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

The Oberoi hotel in Mumbia is one fantastic hotel. It has wonderful views of the ocean, it's lovely reception hall with its high ceiling, coffee shop always full of business and leisure people. It's Indian restaurant on the first floor is excellent. The whole staff and manager were eager to assist, and it is now one of the best hotels, if not the best, in Mumbai.

Room Tip: Higher level rooms have excellent views of the ocean and are quieter.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay at The Oberoi, Mumbai and we thank you for sharing your valuable feedback through TripAdvisor.

I am very happy to learn that you enjoyed the ambience of the hotel and your dining experience at Ziya.

Your generous praise of our team members is very encouraging and motivating. And, to be rated the best hotel in Mumbai, by you, is a matter of immense pride. Thank you!!

The team and I, look forward to your continued visits.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

This establishment remains one of the best hotels in Bombay, however I experienced some serious decline in the quality of service that always put Oberoi hotels above others in the past. On arrival we asked for an upgrade and managed to "negotiate" a good package for the suites overlooking the sea. However, it had taken far too long to confirm whether the airport transfer is included or not in the deal. Make sure that it's part of your package and you are not charged extra for airport transfer as it is extremely expensive, over-priced.
Spa and Gym are very good - enjoy it! The pool is open air, tends to be pleasent in the morning, however it gets annoyingly windy for the afternoon/evening.
In my room I wanted to play my own music from my iPhone, however the music player they had in the rooms was the old dock connector, not Lightning. When I inquired about a solution - they offered me a converter for 600 Indian Rupees (after 7 calls and an hour and a half spent with different level of staff)!!! This is ridiculous - do you really think that guest who can afford to stay in this hotel are running around with 2-3 years old iPhones?! I do not think so.
Overall, I expected more from the hotel - definately a negative trend since my last stay 3 years ago. Also, if you compare this to the Bangalore member of the chain - it is embarassing. They should not lose their focus on service....

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank dmsdi
TheOberoi_Mumbai, General Manager at The Oberoi, Mumbai, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear Guest,

I am sorry to learn of the inconvenience you experienced during your recent stay with us. Your feedback is learning for us.

We have purchased some Ipod connectors, which will be offered to guests on request. We will also review upgrading the docking stations.

I do hope you will return to stay with us in the near future. The team looks forward to welcoming you back.

Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

As our first stop in India, this hotel set trend for a number of wonderful stays in the more touristy parts of India. From collection at the airport to receiving a complimentary upgrade to a suite, the experience of getting introduced to the hotel and its philosophy of excellent service and caring for guests set the tone for the very exciting three days spent there.

One could go on about the cleanliness of the property and rooms, the opulence of the décor, the attention to detail, but in the end it all boils down to the fact that the staff is clearly so well chosen and trained that they really care to present you with the very best.

There was not one unhappy moment or reason for complaint - to the contrary, we were constantly presented with little surprises and gifts that one would never have expected even in the best of hotels.

The position, overlooking the sea, is a bonus and many sights are in walking distance.

Thank you each and every one who made our stay at the Oberoi such a pleasure that we cannot wait for an opportunity to return.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Oberoi Mumbai and for sharing feedback of your stay through TripAdvisor.

We are very happy to note that you had a wonderful experience at our hotel and that you have taken fond memories of your stay.

The team is our strength and they strive hard to delight our guests. Your feedback of our service is truly motivating and inspiring for each member of the team.

Thank you for recommending The Oberoi Mumbai. We eagerly await your return in the not too distant future.

Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

We have done plenty of luxury but were wowed by the service and facilites at the Oberoi. We were constantly approached by staff who enquired how our stay was going. We booked an ocean view room and due to a slight smell of smoke (unfortunately smokers do smoke in designated non-smoking rooms) we were given an even more beautiful room with sweeping views of the Queen's Necklace / Marine Drive. Beautiful bathroom with huge rain shower and bath tub, wonderful bedding, and the most comfortable bed. We spent a lot of the time using the hotel's facilities - wonderful spa, nice -sized pool, both of which were never crowded. The food was delicious, and poolside snack menus were also very good. The location iis excellent. We walked from the hotel to the Fort area (downtown Mumbai) with no problem in about 20 minutes. There are also many restaurants nearby if you want to try something outside of the hotel. I must add that we were particularly impressed by the kindness and attentiveness shown to us by Ms. Manpreet Kaur Dhody who not only made sure that all of our meals were memorable but assisted us in other aspects of our stay. I also appreciated Ms. Tushna Dastur's assitance in getting my smart phone to work properly with the WIFI provided by the hotel. I was so impressed with the service that I actually googled the Oberoi group and learned that they have a special service academy for all of their staff. One is pampered and treated like royalty - perhaps because they specialize in luxury, have not overextended themselves with hundreds of properties and are able to concentrate on their core business, and train and treat their staff well. I will definitely stay with Oberoi again wherever possible in India. Absolutely nothing I could fault at all.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing your valuable time to share your generous feedback of your stay at The Oberoi, Mumbai through TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to note that you had a very good experience and that our services and facilities exceeded your expectations.

Your appreciation of the location, the magnificent view of the Queen’s necklace, the Marine Drive promenade facing the hotel, the dining experience at our restaurants and the friendly and warm service provided by our team is very motivating.

I have personally shared your compliments with Ms. Manpreet Kaur Dhody and Ms. Tushna Dastur for whom it will be a tremendous source of inspiration.

It is very heartening to note that The Oberoi, will be the hotel of your choice in Mumbai.

The team and I, look forward to welcoming you back to your home in Mumbai.

Warm regards,