“Excellent - check out the National Centre for the Performing Arts across the road”
Review of The Oberoi, Mumbai

The Oberoi, Mumbai
Ranked #1 of 454 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Australia
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I stayed here for four nights when exiting Mumbai. Make no mistake - the Oberoi is pure luxury.

The hotel is well-appointed, the staff excel in customer service and the room (and its view) was incredible.

There's nothing more I can add about its magnificence that hasn't already been said except to say that the hotel is wonderfully located across the road from the National Centre for the Performing Arts. If it had not been for this location, I would not have stumbled into a free performance of two emerging artists playing playing Hindustani classical music. It was the most amazing performance.

My only criticism is that the standard room I was in was very small, and that is fine because the view makes the room seem large. The problem is that it was very cramped with too many furnishings. Due to the close proximity of everything, the desk corner or maybe it was the drawer handle (it was something with metal) scratched my upper thigh and made it bleed.

Also, I bumped my head on the corner of the wooden 'box' area where the safe is, when I was looking into the safe. The bump ended up bruising quite badly for weeks.

Nonetheless, I would still stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Tell taxi drivers you want to go to the National Centre for the Performing Arts. If you say Oberoi...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank thetimemachine
TheOberoi_Mumbai, General Manager at The Oberoi, Mumbai, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing your valuable time to review The Oberoi, Mumbai on TripAdvisor.

While we are delighted to note that you had an enjoyable stay and that The Oberoi, will be the hotel of your choice whenever you travel to Mumbai.

I am sorry to learn of your injury. A lot of care and planning has gone into the design of the rooms. It is such feedback which enables us to learn and make improvements.
The hotel offers various room size options. From Luxury rooms, to Premier Ocean View rooms, to very spacious, well-appointed suites. On your next visit, we will be delighted to recommend other room categories.
I thank you for your valuable feedback.

The team and I, look forward to your continued visits.

Executive Vice President

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (591)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 18 July 2014

This hotel was amazing! Great service, a true luxury hotel.

If something is not there in the room, just ask - they'll bring it right up.

If something is not on the menu, just ask - they'll do what they can. I had some awesome fresh mango juice by the pool.. which was not on the menu. (It helped that we were in mango season, but still, great service)

Rooms are awesome. Ours had some minor issues (water leaking from bathtub faucet), but not really a problem.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are great, but others are not bad.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank IFlyCarryOnOnly
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay at The Oberoi, Mumbai and we thank you for sharing feedback of your stay through TripAdvisor.

We are very very happy to receive your feedback and to note that you had an enjoyable stay. At The Oberoi we are committed to exceeding our guests expectations and your feedback motivates us to strive harder.

The team and I, look forward to your continued visits.

London
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Though I did not spend that much time in the hotel it was a haven in the chaotic city of Mumbai. Well sized rooms and great bathrooms. Very professional service from all staff I encountered. Very comfortable beds.

• Stayed March 2014
3 Thank Happy_journey21
Dear Guest,

Thank you taking out time to review The Oberoi, Mumbai on TripAdvisor.

We are pleased to note that you enjoyed the serene and peaceful ambience of the hotel and found it as a haven in Mumbai.

Thank you for complimenting our well-appointed rooms with comfortable beds and professional service.

I do hope that you have the opportunity to spend more time on your next stay at our hotel.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I was there for 2 nights and loved it. Love the hotel contemporary design. Spacious bedroom with wonderful ocean view . Love my bathroom . Great choices of restaurants. Very impressed by their 2 star MIchelin Indian restaurant . Lovely spa amenities . The staff is exceptional !

Room Tip: Even the first room category is spacious . The rate vary with the view . You cannot go wrong all roo...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank DominiqueDNYC
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Oberoi, Mumbai and for posting feedback of your stay through TripAdvisor.

We are very happy to note that you had a wonderful experience.

Your appreciation of our ambience, the magnificent view of the ocean, the amenities and your dining experience especially at Ziya, is very motivating. The team, our strength are delighted that you find them “exceptional”

The team and I, look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon.

Warm regards,
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Great view, most comfortable and luxury stay. Most humbled, well-trained staff is the strength of this hotel. Breakfast was yummy. Chef who personally visited with manager while having breakfast was well trained. One lady Prenana (if I m not wrong) was exceptional to take care of my son. A bit struggle for my laptop charger, couldn’t find plug easily even not in cafeteria. My Mumbai and My Oberoi. Employee makes any business and any hotel great.... This is an example of the same....The final choice...Love to stay soon at other Oberoi as well...

Room Tip: Sea facing rooms are great. Hotel is cool, calm and good for business or family stay both. Get ready...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Sunil J
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have your family and you stay at The Oberoi and we thank you very much for sharing your encouraging feedback through TripAdvisor.

We are so delighted to note that you had an enjoyable stay and that The Oberoi, will be the hotel of your choice whenever you travel to Mumbai.

The team is our strength and your appreciation encourages them to scale greater heights of excellence.

I have personally shared your compliments with Chef Prerna Bandal from the Kitchen team for whom your feedback is a tremendous source of inspiration.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

One must experience. My wife and I just visited the Oberoi Mumbai and wow, what an experience it was. The attention to detail and the kindness and thoughtfulness of the staff is nothing but extraordinary. I have in my many years of travel never encountered anything like this. We only stayed for 1 night and yet they gave us a memorable stay we will never forget! Thanks to the whole staff... Every one was part of making this the, without comparison, the best hotel stay we ever tried! Ps. Seriously... It was that good!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Mavdrb
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have your wife and you stay at The Oberoi, Mumbai.

Thank you for complimenting our staff. We are delighted to note that you had a wonderful experience and that you have taken back fond memories of your stay with us.

Your generous praise of our team members is very rewarding for all of us.

Thank you for recommending The Oberoi, Mumbai.

The team and I, look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Wow - I have never experienced service like we did at the Oberoi!

From the front desk who always knew our name and room number when we dropped off or picked up our key, to the little treats left in our room each day, to the fabulous suggestions for Indian breakfasts at the buffet each morning, to the in-room check-in and orientation, to the accommodating restaurant staff, to the porters and helpful doormen/ taxi-hailers - everyone working there was spectacular!

It wasn't the cheapest hotel but we were more than impressed with the service and quality and would willingly pay the same amount to stay there again. If you are trying to decide between the Oberoi and the Trident at Nariman Point then you should know that they are attached and you can walk indoors from one to the other (somehow I didn't realize this...) There is also a shopping centre that was much appreciated during one of the monsoon downpours.

Room Tip: You can see the sea from the north-facing rooms.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lbm770
TheOberoi_Mumbai, General Manager at The Oberoi, Mumbai, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at The Oberoi, Mumbai.

We are all delighted to note that you found the team at The Oberoi, Mumbai to be spectacular!

At The Oberoi, we strive to exceed guests experiences in creating memories for our guests.
We thank you for having taken out time to post feedback on TripAdvisor.

My team and I look forward to your return and assure you of our best service and attention at all times.