“Good experience”
Review of The Oberoi, Mumbai

The Oberoi, Mumbai
Ranked #1 of 458 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Reviewed 26 July 2014

From the moment you walk in from the hustle of the city, there exists tranquillity in this hotel. Centrally located, well appointed rooms and friendly staff. Fantastic. I will definitely be staying again in a month or so.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank RavinderKr565
TheOberoi_Mumbai, General Manager at The Oberoi, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing your valuable time to review The Oberoi, Mumbai on TripAdvisor.

We are very happy to learn that you will return to stay with month or so and will look forward to welcoming you back.

Your appreciation of our location, the room and the team is encouraging. Indeed, The Oberoi, Mumbai is an oasis for our guests and promotes an ideal ambience to relax and rejuvenate.

As and when your program is finalized, please let my colleague Mr. Varun Chhibber, General Manager, The Oberoi, Mumbai varun.chhibber@oberoihotels.com or me know so that we can make your reservations.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

My husband and I were originally booked in to the Trident hotel next door, but on our arrival we were upgraded to the Oberoi. How lucky we're we? The service we received from everyone was wonderful! We have never stayed anywhere so wonderful.
The reception staff, the restaurant staff, the staff who cleaned our rooms, the room service staff were all perfect!
I had my birthday while I was staying there and the staff knew and kept wishing me a happy birthday and brought me two chocolate cakes over the course of the day.
If I could afford it, I would stay here again in the future, I loved every minute here.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank lisakingo

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay at The Oberoi, Mumbai and thank you for sharing your encouraging feedback through TripAdvisor.

We are pleased that you enjoyed your experience at The Oberoi, Mumbai. The team is indeed our strength and they make every effort to look after our guests and give them a memorable experience.

We believe it is the small details, which make the big difference and drive us towards perfection.

Thank you for your generous compliments.

The team and I, look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully very soon.

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

The Oberoi, Mumbai is a fabulous place for a city break. The location makes it an ideal base to explore South Mumbai. And if you get a seafront room the views are awesome. It has an old world club feel. All Team members go out of their way to make you comfortable. The food is perhaps not the best around but overall is very good.

The Champagne Lounge in the atrium offers great high tea. A wide range of teas and at times awesome scones. The Eau bar and the Fenix are also great. The atrium itself is a very impressive feature.

The best thing for us was that we could walk around the streets and experience the beauty of Mumbai.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mogovv

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Oberoi, Mumbai and for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to receive your feedback and to learn that you enjoyed the location, the magnificent view of the ocean, and the service provided by our team.

The Oberoi, Mumbai is indeed, in close proximity to various Heritage sites and places of tourist interest. This includes the Chatrapati Shivaji Terminus earlier known as the Victoria Terminus, The Rajabai Tower, Prince of Wales Museum, Gateway of India and the famous Queen’s necklace.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

The team and I, eagerly await your return in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Another great Oberoi hotel! Our suite was spacious and very well appointed and the service was flawless- they even made a rose petal bath for us!

We ordered room service breakfast and our (large) table was literally full of food- pancakes, fresh fruits, eggs, bacon, waffles, bread and pastry basket, numerous juices and so much more! Enough food for the week and all of a high standard!

The food in the restaurants- Ziya and Fexix, again was very good.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay at the Oberoi the next time I'm in Mumbai!

Tip: Go for an ocean facing suite.

Room Tip: Ocean facing suite!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jaimini82

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at The Oberoi, Mumbai and for sharing feedback of your stay through TripAdvisor.

Your very positive feedback of your stay is very motivating. I am delighted that you had a wonderful experience and that you enjoyed your dining experience at Fenix and at Ziya

The team members are very happy at reading your comments. Thank you for recommending The Oberoi, Mumbai.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to your home in Mumbai.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Spent 4 nights at the oberoi Mumbai. The service started at the airport as our package included airport transfers . See less transfer. Check in was in the room. We had a suite overlooking the ocean. Room was big, bathroom was lovely. We were surprised one evening with a drawn bath with rose petels . We didn't use the butler service too much, but they were always ready to help. Breakfast buffet was amazing. Great stay.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jalen500

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay at The Oberoi, Mumbai and we thank you for sharing feedback of your stay through TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to note that you enjoyed the splendid view of the ocean you appreciated the well-appointed suite, and enjoyed the breakfast.

Your feedback is very motivating for the entire team.

I hope that you return to stay with us in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

I stayed here for four nights when exiting Mumbai. Make no mistake - the Oberoi is pure luxury.

The hotel is well-appointed, the staff excel in customer service and the room (and its view) was incredible.

There's nothing more I can add about its magnificence that hasn't already been said except to say that the hotel is wonderfully located across the road from the National Centre for the Performing Arts. If it had not been for this location, I would not have stumbled into a free performance of two emerging artists playing playing Hindustani classical music. It was the most amazing performance.

My only criticism is that the standard room I was in was very small, and that is fine because the view makes the room seem large. The problem is that it was very cramped with too many furnishings. Due to the close proximity of everything, the desk corner or maybe it was the drawer handle (it was something with metal) scratched my upper thigh and made it bleed.

Also, I bumped my head on the corner of the wooden 'box' area where the safe is, when I was looking into the safe. The bump ended up bruising quite badly for weeks.

Nonetheless, I would still stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Tell taxi drivers you want to go to the National Centre for the Performing Arts. If you say Oberoi...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank thetimemachine

Dear Guest,

While we are delighted to note that you had an enjoyable stay and that The Oberoi, will be the hotel of your choice whenever you travel to Mumbai.

I am sorry to learn of your injury. A lot of care and planning has gone into the design of the rooms. It is such feedback which enables us to learn and make improvements.
The hotel offers various room size options. From Luxury rooms, to Premier Ocean View rooms, to very spacious, well-appointed suites. On your next visit, we will be delighted to recommend other room categories.
I thank you for your valuable feedback.

The team and I, look forward to your continued visits.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

This hotel was amazing! Great service, a true luxury hotel.

If something is not there in the room, just ask - they'll bring it right up.

If something is not on the menu, just ask - they'll do what they can. I had some awesome fresh mango juice by the pool.. which was not on the menu. (It helped that we were in mango season, but still, great service)

Rooms are awesome. Ours had some minor issues (water leaking from bathtub faucet), but not really a problem.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are great, but others are not bad.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank IFlyCarryOnOnly

Dear Guest,

We are very very happy to receive your feedback and to note that you had an enjoyable stay. At The Oberoi we are committed to exceeding our guests expectations and your feedback motivates us to strive harder.

The team and I, look forward to your continued visits.