“What a weekend”
Review of The Oberoi, Mumbai

The Oberoi, Mumbai
Ranked #1 of 484 Hotels in Mumbai
Reviewed 8 July 2010

My wife and I stayed over a weekend, and what a weekend it was. Due to the monsoon we did not leave the hotel as much as we had planned, but got to try out all the great things the hotel had to offer. On our first night we arrived at the airport to a fantastic welcome. The driver was at the airport waiting for us with a big smile and asking us about our trip. We got into the car where we were offered cold towels, water and a menu. I asked why he passed me a menu and he said that since we had arrived late (11pm), maybe we would like something to be ready for us to eat when we got to the hotel. He was right. I hate airplane food. We choose what we wanted and the driver passed us a cell phone, where he had already got hold of the hotel, to place the order. When we arrived at the hotel (it took about 45min) all the staff were again so smile and the lobby made such an impression. Probably the most beautiful lobby that I have ever been in. When we got up to the room we were greeted by a butler with a welcome and a room service waiter with our order. Just fantastic :) The view over the city with all the light was very romantic.

The next day we took it a bit slow and had breakfast in Fenix in the lobby. There was a very nice cold breakfast buffet, but what I really liked was that all the hot dishes were made to order. Not hot items that had been out for a long time. My wife went to the spa in the afternoon and came back raving about the service and message she had received. In the evening we had a few drinks in Eau Bar and dinner in Ziya. Ziya was great again. We did not realize, on walking in, what an experience we were going get. We found out that the restaurant was run by Chef Vineet Bhatia who has a Michelin star in both London and Geneva. We tried out their 7 course tasting menu, which was out of this world. I especially loved the lobster dish.

On Sunday we again got up late (12 noon) and went down to Fenix. To our great surprise they were doing a wonderful Champagne brunch. My wife and I thought about it and agreed it is never too early to have a glass of Champagne and sat down. Again the cold selection was wonderful and they handed us a menus to choose our hot items from. The menu had everything that your heart could desire from egg dishes to soufflés. The waiters were very helpful and told us we could order as many dishes as we wanted. We order some mushroom style Benedict eggs and a honey and almond soufflé. It was a wonderful afternoon and the Champagne just kept coming.
After a walk on the promenade we sat in the lobby lounge and continued to have a glass of Champagne and watched the rain come down.

In the evening we had dinner in Vetro. Where we were taken in to do a wine tasting in their wine cellar. I must admit I was impressed with the knowledge and ease it was done. We were not so hungry so we shared a starter of foie gras and a wonderful pumpkin ravioli. The service and quality of food was outstanding i wish I could have tried more. I guess a good reason to go back.

I must say for a foody like me this hotel really had it all. I would recommend the hotel and all it restaurants highly to anyone that loves the finer things in life. What a weekend.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,378)

Reviewed 5 July 2010

date :- 13 jan 2010

Oberoi Hotel the hottel that i will remember for long time
i was there for short time of period as the purpose of buisness trip
but after staying there for while i stay for a day to enjoy the hotels services in all matter this is the perfect hotel good rooms, assembly, restaurant,swimming pool,nice location in Mumbai,nearest is the Asian sea

all that can say in small word in this is perfect

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 June 2010

The food was excellent. The service was also good. Proper and cleen rooms. Suggests for business meetings.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 June 2010

the hotel has a view of the sea it is in narimon point very good location to visit.....

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2010

It is an awesum hotel. Especially the ambiance. One side of the hotel has the sea view. The rooms facing sea are the greatest. The restaurant and the service is good. It was an astounding stay. I loved everything in the hotel

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 June 2010

Hands down one the best hotels I've ever stayed in. Top notch service and all the connections in a room that a tech head could want.

Reviewed 23 June 2010