I have been traveling to India for Business and pleasure and I have to say that it took me some time to find the right hotel in Mumbai. I usually go to more upscale guesthouses, but that was hard to find in Mumbai. Something was always off: location, price, noise. So I tried the Taj Palace, JW Marriott and the Taj and's end (you can read the other two reviews). The Taj Land's end is definitely my pick
Especially for returning travelers to Mumbai (but even for first tomers) Bandra is THE place to stay. Trendy, animated with cosmopolitan Mumbakas, upscale but not out of touch, nice cafés and restaurants (trendy and popular). It really has it all. And in Bandra this was an easy pick. Also a lot closer to the Airport than Bandra, which is important on the way in as most inbound flight land late. BTW, This hotel is in Bandra but a bit out of the way. You can still walk 10-15 min to the interesting parts of Bandra, it's totally safe and easy walk. But the heat might make it painful. So instead take a Tuk Tuk.
Nothing can fault here. The Service was good. I took an upscale room category. Usually I go with the standard, especially in this type of hotel, but this category guaranteed a 6PM Check Out, very convenient when you fly out around 1-2AM. And still less expensive than paying for an extra night.
Pool experience was great. Ate here once and food was good. View from the rooms of the 25th floor were awesome.
Yes, not cheap but worth it. And I do prefer it to the more upscale and more famous sister property. Definitely will come here again when in Mumbai.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Taj Lands End, Mumbai offers the best of both worlds - breathtaking views of the sea and the energy of city life. The hotel is located in the heart of Bandra, which buzzes with activity day and night. An integral part of the Taj Luxury Hotels, Taj Lands End offers some of the city's finest accommodation, dining experiences, and comprehensive conferencing and banqueting facilities. The hotel offers the ideal blend of business and leisure with easy accessibility to the Bandra-Kurla, Andheri and Worli business districts as well as the domestic and international airport. Taj Lands End Mumbai is modern, but like all Taj hotels, reflects India's warm and heartfelt traditions of hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoftTaj, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Taj Lands End reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Lands End Hotel Mumbai (Bombay)
- Taj Lands End Mumbai Hotel