“very nice hotel in a great location”
Review of Taj Lands End

Taj Lands End
Ranked #12 of 454 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Brussels, Belgium
“very nice hotel in a great location”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

the stay was carefree, very enjoyable
staff were corteous, attentive and very forthcoming
i liked all the perks that come in Asia, that you no longer can get in Europe : bellboys, car attendants, lots of incredible waiters, personalised service at reception.....
sadly rooms are in need of some renovation and the walls are paperthin, even on the Executive floor
Although cleanliness is good, still some stuff on the floor was there for more than 2 days

Room Tip: try higher floors for better view - bridge side less than water side
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear Deflumine,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

We thank you for choosing to stay with us and also for sharing your detailed stay experience here on TripAdvisor.

It pleases us to learn that you were impressed with our service areas and facilities offered. Thank you for your kind acknowledgement of our associates. We are happy that they were able to take care of all your requirements with warmth and professionalism and your appreciation will definitely be conveyed to them.

The Taj Lands End, Mumbai is known for ‘taking an extra step’ and providing our guests with great experiences. We have noted your feedback about the rooms and cleanliness and would like to assure you that your comments will only help us strive harder to reach scale newer heights in our journey towards customer delight.

We thank you for your valuable feedback and recommendation and hope to have the pleasure of serving you again at the Taj Lands Ends, Mumbai!

If in the meantime there is anything I can do for you please feel free to let me know directly.

Birgit Zorniger

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (874)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed 2 April 2014

one of our old friends was coming all the way from Sydneyl, Australia, and we had a get-together which was quite amazing.

we took a suite on the executive floor, which allowed us access to the business lounge for tea and coffee and here we met, to chat.

The staff was wonderful, and so was the Chinese restaurant and the breakfast buffet

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Dear 492betty,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience. It’s wonderful to hear that you enjoyed the service and facilities. The team will have a big smile when they see your feedback! We really look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Have stayed there about 3 times now and have never been disappointed with the hotel, its food and impeccable service. Their Club rooms are spacious and provide unparalleled views of the Arabian Sea. The food at Masala Bay and Ming Yang is awesome. I think the best Peking Duck is done at Ming Yang. Each time I have been here I have taken my family. And all of them have thoroughly enjoyed themselves. My son loves the jacuzzi swimming pool!!

Room Tip: Club rooms on the top 2 floors facing the sea are a MUST.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear Rancic2014,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor further to your experience at The Taj Lands End, Mumbai.

We are so delighted that you enjoyed your meal at Ming Yang! I would like to take this opportunity to introduce all the food and beverage venues at Taj Lands End - each offering a unique dining experience. These include Maritime By San Lorenzo, our Italian restaurant, Masala Bay, our Indian cuisine dining venue and Vista, our multi-cuisine restaurant. Apart from the regular spread at the dining venues, we regularly host food & beverage festivals for our guests, offering them the authentic flavors of the world.

Thanks ever so much for sharing your feedback.
We greatly value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back to The Taj Lands End, Mumbai soon.

Hyderabad, India
Reviewed 1 April 2014

T was at Taj lands end lately. Let me tell you one thing, the hotel is unmatched in service it offers to its guests. On an occasion, i had to access internet for some work and asked the hotel staff where i could do that, one of them told me it was possible in the business centre, gave me the directions to that place and then told me about the working hours of the place. It truly has an unmatched service and quality. The hotel also offers a breathtaking view to a few of its lucky customers who get the sea facing room. The hotel lobby is one of the most lively in the city of Mumbai. If one wants to get away from the pomp of the hotel, one could take a walk on the grandstand, just outside the hotel and enjoy the Arabian Sea.

Room Tip: Ask the hotel staff to give you a sea facing room.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear yashbaldawa_4,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

It brings me immense pleasure to hear that you chose to stay with us during your recent visit to Mumbai and found the services and amenities to be up to your desired expectations.
It pleases me to hear that you found the overall ambience of the hotel positive and found the view from your room spectacular.

We offer the largest entry size rooms in North Mumbai city and all of our 493 rooms are sea facing. I’m glad that you found these spacious and comfortable. I’m glad the associates were able to take care of your needs and requirements and serve you with warmth and courtesy. We offer a total of Six food and beverage venues in the hotel. Vista, our all day dining multi-cuisine restaurant that offers guests an experience of flavors from across the world.

Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I was here for a business conference and had a fantastic experience. The staff is very attentive to every last detail and nothing is too big an ask. The bar man new by the second drink exactly what our respective drink were and late check out was granted until 3 pm without any extra charge.

If you are using their conference facilities just bring an extra jumper as the aircon is all over the show.

Dear louannmeyer,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

Your compliments about the staff in particular, delight me and it gives me great pleasure to share it with the team. Your kind words of appreciation for our staff members will go a long way in motivating and encouraging them to do even better in future.
Thanks ever so much for sharing your feedback.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

Was there for 5 nights due to some business discussion. The 1st impression was superb as you enter into the lobby, it is lavish & well maintained. Sea view from room was great, rooms were spacious. Restaurants like Masala Bay serves authentic indian cuisine & was superb. My wife & kid enjoyed the pool very much.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Carmel, Indiana
Reviewed 30 March 2014

This hotel has a nice lobby, good pool areas, and good restaurants. My room facing the harbor and downtown had a great view of the harbor and city. The rooms are very clean, and the wifi worked well. My favorite thing here was that we rented a car for a city tour, and we upgraded to the Jaguar, which was great as that driver really knew his stuff. Later, we used one of the lower end cars, and that driver barely knew English.

Room Tip: The harbor view is really nice
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear MizzouLizard,