“Superb Location and Unmatched View”

Taj Lands End Mumbai
Ranked #13 of 489 Hotels in Mumbai
Reviewed 7 April 2014

This was my first stay in Taj Lands End, but i had heard a lot about the location and hospitality of that hotel from many. So my expectations were high.. but not high enough. The service and experience i had cannot be explained in words. We reached quiet late and received a very warm welcome and I was given an upgrade by this cute manager at the desk. My room had an uninterrupted view of the Arabian Sea which made my morning soo good! The room was well equipped with all the facilities and the Mini Bar was loaded with goodies... In short..I had an awesome stay!! :D

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear Prerna M,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

It brings me immense pleasure to hear that you chose to stay with us during your recent visit to Mumbai and found the services and amenities higher than your desired expectations.
It pleases me to hear that you found the overall ambience of the hotel positive and found the view from your room spectacular.

We offer the largest entry size rooms in North Mumbai city and I’m glad that you found these spacious and comfortable. I’m glad the associates were able to take care of your needs and requirements and serve you with warmth and courtesy.

We thank you for your valuable feedback and recommendation and hope to have the pleasure of serving you again at the Taj Lands Ends, Mumbai!

If in the meantime there is anything I can do for you please feel free to let me know directly.

Birgit Zorniger

Write a ReviewReviews (3,811)

Reviewed 5 April 2014

The location of the hotel is great, overlooking the Arabian Sea in the suburbs of Bandra. A lot of bollywood celebrities stay in Bandra and other nearby suburbs and don’t be surprised if you bump into one of them casually have a snack or coffee in one of the hotel’s coffee shops or restaurants.

The rooms are nice and the food on offer is excellent. The only thing I guess they could work on is the building itself. It seems to be a old one, though well maintained & clean.

Room Tip: Take a good sea facing room. The views are excellent, especially the sun rise and sun set.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear Harkirat_Singh,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience. It’s wonderful to hear that you enjoyed the service and facilities. The team will have a big smile when they see your feedback! We really look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed 3 April 2014

the stay was carefree, very enjoyable
staff were corteous, attentive and very forthcoming
i liked all the perks that come in Asia, that you no longer can get in Europe : bellboys, car attendants, lots of incredible waiters, personalised service at reception.....
sadly rooms are in need of some renovation and the walls are paperthin, even on the Executive floor
Although cleanliness is good, still some stuff on the floor was there for more than 2 days

Room Tip: try higher floors for better view - bridge side less than water side
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Dear Deflumine,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

We thank you for choosing to stay with us and also for sharing your detailed stay experience here on TripAdvisor.

It pleases us to learn that you were impressed with our service areas and facilities offered. Thank you for your kind acknowledgement of our associates. We are happy that they were able to take care of all your requirements with warmth and professionalism and your appreciation will definitely be conveyed to them.

The Taj Lands End, Mumbai is known for ‘taking an extra step’ and providing our guests with great experiences. We have noted your feedback about the rooms and cleanliness and would like to assure you that your comments will only help us strive harder to reach scale newer heights in our journey towards customer delight.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

one of our old friends was coming all the way from Sydneyl, Australia, and we had a get-together which was quite amazing.

we took a suite on the executive floor, which allowed us access to the business lounge for tea and coffee and here we met, to chat.

The staff was wonderful, and so was the Chinese restaurant and the breakfast buffet

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Dear 492betty,

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Have stayed there about 3 times now and have never been disappointed with the hotel, its food and impeccable service. Their Club rooms are spacious and provide unparalleled views of the Arabian Sea. The food at Masala Bay and Ming Yang is awesome. I think the best Peking Duck is done at Ming Yang. Each time I have been here I have taken my family. And all of them have thoroughly enjoyed themselves. My son loves the jacuzzi swimming pool!!

Room Tip: Club rooms on the top 2 floors facing the sea are a MUST.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Rancic2014,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor further to your experience at The Taj Lands End, Mumbai.

We are so delighted that you enjoyed your meal at Ming Yang! I would like to take this opportunity to introduce all the food and beverage venues at Taj Lands End - each offering a unique dining experience. These include Maritime By San Lorenzo, our Italian restaurant, Masala Bay, our Indian cuisine dining venue and Vista, our multi-cuisine restaurant. Apart from the regular spread at the dining venues, we regularly host food & beverage festivals for our guests, offering them the authentic flavors of the world.

Thanks ever so much for sharing your feedback.
We greatly value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back to The Taj Lands End, Mumbai soon.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

T was at Taj lands end lately. Let me tell you one thing, the hotel is unmatched in service it offers to its guests. On an occasion, i had to access internet for some work and asked the hotel staff where i could do that, one of them told me it was possible in the business centre, gave me the directions to that place and then told me about the working hours of the place. It truly has an unmatched service and quality. The hotel also offers a breathtaking view to a few of its lucky customers who get the sea facing room. The hotel lobby is one of the most lively in the city of Mumbai. If one wants to get away from the pomp of the hotel, one could take a walk on the grandstand, just outside the hotel and enjoy the Arabian Sea.

Room Tip: Ask the hotel staff to give you a sea facing room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear yashbaldawa_4,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

It brings me immense pleasure to hear that you chose to stay with us during your recent visit to Mumbai and found the services and amenities to be up to your desired expectations.

We offer the largest entry size rooms in North Mumbai city and all of our 493 rooms are sea facing. I’m glad that you found these spacious and comfortable. I’m glad the associates were able to take care of your needs and requirements and serve you with warmth and courtesy. We offer a total of Six food and beverage venues in the hotel. Vista, our all day dining multi-cuisine restaurant that offers guests an experience of flavors from across the world.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

I was here for a business conference and had a fantastic experience. The staff is very attentive to every last detail and nothing is too big an ask. The bar man new by the second drink exactly what our respective drink were and late check out was granted until 3 pm without any extra charge.

If you are using their conference facilities just bring an extra jumper as the aircon is all over the show.

Dear louannmeyer,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

Your compliments about the staff in particular, delight me and it gives me great pleasure to share it with the team. Your kind words of appreciation for our staff members will go a long way in motivating and encouraging them to do even better in future.
Thanks ever so much for sharing your feedback.