“Great property, magnificent sea view, good service”
Review of Taj Lands End

Taj Lands End
Ranked #12 of 454 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Pune, India
“Great property, magnificent sea view, good service”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Taj lands end is lovely property to stay in. Excellent service. Great sea view. Located in Bandra, the best suburb in Bombay. The ambience is excellent. The swimming pool is good. Good place for business meetings and conferences. If you have work at BKC or bandra , this is good location . Half hour to domestic airport. Lots of nice restaurants close by to eat from. And the legendary taj hospitality is there for you to experience.
Nice to walk around the sea shore in the mornings and evenings.
If you are Bollywood buff, Shahrukh Khan stays next door.

Room Tip: Pick up a sea facing room on a higher floor and also over looking the sea link bridge from bandra to...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank DeepakNanda
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Dear DeepakNanda,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

It pleases me to hear that you found the overall ambience of the hotel positive and found the view from your room spectacular.

We offer the largest entry size rooms in North Mumbai city and I’m glad that you found these spacious and comfortable. I’m glad the associates were able to take care of your needs and requirements and serve you with warmth and courtesy. We offer a total of Six food and beverage venues in the hotel. Vista, our all day dining multi-cuisine restaurant that offers guests an experience of flavors from across the world.

We thank you for your valuable feedback and recommendation and hope to have the pleasure of serving you again at the Taj Lands Ends, Mumbai!
If in the meantime there is anything I can do for you please feel free to let me know directly.

Birgit Zorniger

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (874)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Given, that the Taj Lands End is in Bandra, it is one of the more luxurious properties to stay in, in this part of town. Great rooms. Good service (for the most part, although we have encountered a couple of snobbish "butlers")

the breakfast buffet has an awesome spread as does the lunch buffet. Love their Chinese restaurant too. Good gym and swimming pool too.

Room Tip: Sea Facing rooms are lovely
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear desiKim,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

We offer the largest entry size rooms in North Mumbai city and I’m glad that you found these spacious and comfortable. I’m glad the associates have been able to to take care of your needs and requirements and serve you with warmth and courtesy. We have also noted your feedback about the butler service and would like to assure you that we will look into it deeply as we believe that it is quintessential in our journey to improve in delivery of customer satisfaction.

Vijayawada, India
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I was on a protocol duty of one of our directors, who happened to be one of the senior most IAS officers. some of the front office staff are quite helpful. The food quality is also good. Quality of utilities viz. common areas, wash rooms are very very clean.

Room Tip: In case you are fetching for Taj Club Class, choose (if possible) rooms at 24th and 25th Floors hav...
1 Thank Rkpyda
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear rkpyda,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience. It’s wonderful to hear that you enjoyed the service and facilities. The team will have a big smile when they see your feedback! We really look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 3 May 2014

The Taj Land's End is an amzing place for the family AND the business traveller. I have been booking this place for all my German guests since 2002 because it is so close to my office in BKC. They love the place for its cleanliness, food and ambience.

My family loves the place for the food and hospitality. Now, instead of going to Europe for a holiday we go to Taj Land's End for a short family reunion - some 5 times a year. (All of us have been all over Europe from Finland, Sweden, Denmark, UK, Spain, Italy, Germany etc down to Greece and Turkey - so there is nothing left to see really) . So it is just a case of moving from our home in Bandra, Mumbai to our holiday resort in Bandra, Mumbai !!! Love every hour of our stay.

Recommended as the best in Mumbai - for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: Sea facing room or suite on the Taj Club floors.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank RKM1940
Dear RKM1940,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor further to your experience at The Taj Lands End, Mumbai.
It is our earnest endeavor to ensure that our guests enjoy a memorable experience and I am delighted to know that you have consistently had a wonderful stay with us.

Your compliments about the staff in particular, delight me and it gives me great pleasure to share it with the team. Your kind words of appreciation for our staff members will go a long way in motivating and encouraging them to do even better in future.
Thanks ever so much for sharing your feedback.

We greatly value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home soon.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Though I had attended, and even organised, a few events at this hotel, the thought of staying there had never quite entered my mind. God knows why.
Because after staying there, I really wonder why.
The hotel is superbly located, in one of the few areas in Mumbai that does not have the familiar Mumbai cocktail of sewage and fumes in the air. The beautiful Bandra seafront walk is right outside, giving a superb option to relax outside the hotel too.
The hotel has really used its sea facing location well, with its restaurants and even the Gym offering fantastic views of the arabian sea.
The staff, like most Taj properties, was fantastic, and met a few off requests like a band aid and anti-fever tablets superbly.
We didn't get free wifi, but resentment on that was made up by the super spread at the breakfast buffet.
All in all, if you are looking to seize the day during business in Mumbai, this is the place to prepare yourself. And if are looking to indulge your family, then this is probably the place again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Prasfaqs
Dear Prasfaqs,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

Thank you so very much indeed for sharing your detailed response here on Trip Advisor. It brings me immense pleasure to hear that you chose to stay with us during your recent visit to Mumbai and found the services and amenities to be up to your desired expectations.

We offer the largest entry size rooms in North Mumbai city and are very delighted to tell you that all 493 rooms (460 rooms + 33 suites) are sea facing. I’m glad that you found our rooms spacious and comfortable.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I stayed at the Taj Lands End after a break of almost 2 years and it was good to be back. This is a hotel tucked away in Bandra and makes a lot of sense for people staying around this part of town. Good for Bandra, Juhu and the BKC area.
It was good to see that the service, upkeep of the property and overall impression remains impeccable. I stayed at one of the Deluxe rooms and it was absolutely modern with all the fixtures and fittings that you would expect in a luxury property.
I met a Business Associate for Drinks at the Lounge and it was nice. It has a certain charm and the quality of Food, Drinks was very good.
I was actually surprised by the quality of food that I ordered through In room dining. It was from the Chinese restaurant and the food was outstanding. I must compliment the Supervisor who took my order. She was extremely helpful. I had Breakfast at the Coffee shop and it was good barring the fact that I seemed to have gone at the peak hour and it was pretty chaotic at that time. I however managed to get my fill and the service was quite decent in a packed restaurant.
This is a great property - somewhat tucked away but worth it when you get here. It comes with the impeccable Taj hospitality which tries and ensure that every guest goes away feeling satisfied.

Room Tip: Try and get a sea facing room.
1 Thank Gagan R
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear Gaganr,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

It was an immense joy to have you back with us after a long gap! We're thrilled that you chose to stay with us during your recent visit and found the services and amenities to be up to your desired expectations and the overall ambience of the hotel positive!

Like you rightly mentioned, even though our property is tucked into a quiet space in Bandra, we're quite central to BKC, Juhu and in fact South Mumbai owing to the sea-link. We are also proud to be able to offer our guests the largest entry size rooms in North Mumbai city. I’m so glad that you found these spacious and comfortable.

We're especially delighted that the associates were able to take care of your needs and requirements and serve you with warmth and courtesy. We offer a total of Six food and beverage venues in the hotel. Vista, our all day dining multi-cuisine restaurant that offers guests an experience of flavors from across the world.

Guwahati
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Most enjoyable part was the excellent location of this hotel, on Bandra Bandstand. Rest of the things need not to be mentioned as Taj Hotels are always a great stay with great hospitality for the people who want a class and luxury on their menu. Though there are other super luxurious hotels in Mumbai but the location of this one will definitely puts it among the top-notch ones.

1 Thank Rahul T
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Tito_Dmarco,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience.
We really look forward to welcoming you back very soon!