“What a view!”
Review of Taj Lands End

Taj Lands End
Ranked #12 of 454 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
“What a view!”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

The hotel's location is perhaps the jewel in the crown! Almost all the rooms have a view to the ocean and half of them have a view of the bandra-worli sealink (Mumbai's Golden Gate). As expected in Taj group, the service is 10/10 and the food is just superb. We had hired two halls for our events and those were great too.

Room Tip: view with the sea link is better
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Somnath931,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

We are glad you chose to stay with us during your visit to Mumbai. It pleases me to know that your stay was comfortable and you found the services and amenities to be up to your desired expectations.
We offer the largest entry size rooms in the North Mumbai city and indeed our USP is that all of our 493 rooms offer a sea view. I’m so glad you found these spacious and comfortable.
We thank you for your valuable feedback and recommendation and hope to have the pleasure of your continued visits to Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

Birgit Zorniger

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (869)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I cant believe I forgot to review the lands end, It was last august, it is the best hotel i have been to india , the taj standard cannot be ignored, its like they get training in another universe, unbelievable service, the taj brand is better than most international hotels and is one of Indias treasures. Where else can you get the best pizza in town or garlic naan and butter chicken at 4am. They have the best 24 hour restaurant in town. maybe even In Asia.
House keeping is taken as a science and it is absolutely flawless the hotel.
The Gym is excellent, , they give job opportunities to the blind, i had a foot massage by the pool with a visually impaired person.
Kudos to Taj

Room Tip: sea view with a high floor would be great
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rohitdavinci
Dear Rohitdavinci,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor further to your experience at The Taj Lands End, Mumbai.
Your compliments about the staff in particular, delight me and it gives me great pleasure to share it with the team. Your kind words of appreciation for our staff members will go a long way in motivating and encouraging them to do even better in future.
Thanks ever so much for sharing your feedback.
We greatly value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back to The Taj Lands End, Mumbai soon.

Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 21 May 2014

The room was beautiful, service was pretty good and staff was at the Taj standard. Helpful, polite and had no problems what so ever. Stayed just a night and couldn't enjoy much but looking forward to going back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear Hanami1915,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience. It’s wonderful to hear that you enjoyed the service and facilities. The team will have a big smile when they see your feedback! We really look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

None of the Taj hotels have any wifi spots, and No free internet use, compared to many other hotels charging the same or less . And charges are too much; sitting at cafes have free wifi but not at respectful Taj 5star?

Nowadays connectivity is akin to free toiletries in the restroom, and free drinking water bottles in one's room should be equally free though sensibly limited.

Mrs M Daswani
9819853910
daswanico@yahoo.com

• Stayed May 2014
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear mydas2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave a feedback here on Trip Advisor.

Please be rest assured that your feedback with regards to complimentary WIFI has been noted and shared with the team for corrective action. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay with us.

Warm Regards,
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Living in South Mumbai, we opted to vacation in a further part of Mumbai, at well known happening Bandra suburb at 5star Taj Lands End.

Beautiful to be received with garlands, a lit lamp for blessings and a red traditional dot on our foreheads
Lovely sized room, Lovely view, of sun and sea; very quick service for toiletries not displayed in the restroom and any room service or replenishments. We were happy to receive basket of fruits with seasonal mango ( perhaps because we stayed with earnt Taj points but sadly clearly no Breakfast included :(

Bustling lobby and pleasant staff; nice gentry and recommended stay.

Pls confirm receipt of this review and my points now and of my previous reviews. Tks

From:
Email: daswanico@yahoo.com

• Stayed May 2014
Dear mydas2014,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience. It’s wonderful to hear that you enjoyed the service and facilities at Taj Lands End, as well as the location and views from the hotel. The team will have a big smile when they see your feedback! We really look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

India
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel in April 2014. I stayed in their Executive Suite. I must say that the hotel is excellent in all aspects. Special thanks to Mr. Gaurav and team for the wonderful stay.

Cons : Snacks and breakfast at the club lounge is average. Noise in the rooms from corridors.

Highly recommended hotel

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear Maverick145,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I stayed here for just over 2 months so have a slightly different perspective from guests who might stay here on a shorter trip. I think though that those who stay for less than 7 days probably won't notice the inconsistencies that I talk about below which become apparent after you have been here for longer than a fortnight. As others have said the location of this hotel is excellent, right on the Arabian Sea in a quiet area and it is always good to get the sea breezes.

Rooms are well appointed but some are in need of upgrading, particularly on floors 11-14 where they have 1980's box type TV's. The rooms can be slightly noisy and you can hear your neighbours at times. I also found the room service slightly inconsistent particularly with the supply of bottled water, shampoo, toiletries and fresh fruit.

Unfortunately and out of the hotels control, are guests who insist on smoking in their rooms on the non smoking floors and this occurred on a few occasions, really creating a disgusting stink in the corridors even though the hotel does have floors for smokers. Transgressors should be banned for life from any Taj property in my opinion. It is totally unacceptable but unfortunately it appears that in particular some young Indian professionals, read lots of money so couldn't care less, think that it is "cool" to smoke.

Food in the hotel is generally OK but as you expect for 5* business hotel expensive. Breakfasts in the Vista restaurant are buffet style with a wide variety of choice and you can also order things like eggs Benedict for no extra cost. Service at breakfast is patchy and positively chaotic after 0930 when there is normally a queue for a table. Dinner in the Vista is also buffet but you can order off a la carte as well. Buffets get a bit tedious as the food does not change that much and some of the curries are too salty. The food on the a la carte is very good as is the evening service in the Vista.

There are three other restaurants in the hotel - Masala Bay surly staff, overrated and expensive, Ming Yang - good Chinese and by far the best, Maritime by San Lorenzo which serves excellent Italian fare - lobster, ravioli excellent, as are nearly all of the dishes.

Gym and pool areas are excellent and mention must be made of the gym/poolside staff who are exceptional.

Staff at the hotel are eager to please however they do not respond so well to any criticisms however minor. I also have to comment that the hotel does not offer free internet, the charges are outrageous and you have to pay extra if you want the net on more than one device! Unfortunately this is prevalent across hotels in India although the General Manager did say that the whole issue of internet charges was being reviewed.

But despite all of the above I would have no problem in returning to the this hotel which is ideal for a short business stay.

Room Tip: Stay above the 14th floor
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear grahamstubbings,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

It has indeed been a pleasure to have you with us and we would like to thank you for your choosing to stay with us and also for sharing your stay experience on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to learn that at all times you found the service and attitude of our associates genuine and warm, and that they were able to take care of all your requirements with utmost professionalism and care.

We strive to go the extra mile and provide our guests with a comfortable, ‘home away from home’ experience and we are glad you had an overall warm, comfortable, and memorable experience with us. Your appreciation for the team will definitely be conveyed to the team, who I am sure will be encouraged to continue to serve our guests with courtesy.

We believe in constantly improving in our delivery of service experience to our guests and reach newer levels of customer satisfaction. The inconsistencies and irritants you have mentioned with respect to replenishment of room amenities, noise & smoke smell in the room as also the overall food & beverage experience will be looked into and reviewed very seriously. We assure you, that you will also have a much improved experience on all counts on your next visit to Taj Lands End.

Once again, we thank you for your recommendation and valuable feedback. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again at Taj Lands End, Mumbai! If in the meantime there is anything I can do for you please feel free to let me know directly. My e-mail address for easy reference is birgit.zorniger@tajhotels.com.