“Fantastic Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Taj Lands End

Taj Lands End
Ranked #11 of 444 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
New Delhi, India
“Fantastic Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

I was in Mumbai for business and invited my daughter who works in Mumbai to come stay with me for a day. From the location, to the service, everything was excellent. What I really appreciated was that I got a mail from the hotel a couple of days before checking in asking my preferences for mattresses, pillows, view, etc, etc and each of my preference was taken care of.

Room Tip: I took a sea facing, non smoking room and was very happy with it
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank SNS21
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear SNS21,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor further to your experience at The Taj Lands End, Mumbai. It is our earnest endeavor to ensure that our guests enjoy a memorable experience and I am delighted to know that you had a wonderful stay with us.

Your compliments about the staff taking care to note your personal preferences and then executing it completely, in particular, delight me. It indeed gives me great pleasure to share it with the team. Your kind words of appreciation for our staff members will go a long way in motivating and encouraging them to do even better in future. Thanks ever so much for sharing your feedback.

We greatly value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back to The Taj Lands End, Mumbai soon. If in the meantime there is anything I can do for you please feel free to let me know directly. My e-mail address for easy reference is birgit.zorniger@tajhotels.com.

Birgit Zorniger

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (839)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

We were 3 couples, arrived in Mumbai after touring Sri Lanka for 2 weeks. We stayed for 8 nights at the club level, which included airport tranfer one way, so we were picked up from the airport by a smart driver with a spotless, polished car and we were supplied with cold water, as soon as we got in the car. We were brought a fablous cold drink, in our room by our butler. We had to change room once as it was not sea view. The rooms were large and adequately furnished. The bath products were excellent quality and lovely fragrance. I was impressed with immaculate room condition all the time. The lobby was at 2 levels and beautiful ambience and sitting area. Khazana the Taj shop on the 1st floor had innovative and extravagant items. The service from all the staff was impeccable, especially at the concierge desk. The restaurant had superb, huge variety of food, particularly the hashbrowns.
Overall the service at the club level was superb but unfortunately the food was very greasy and not enough selection nor any choise for vegeterians. Good variety of drinks and cocktails. My birthday was during this period and beautiful bunch of red roses and a chocolate cake was left in our room to celebrate.
There was free excess for 30 mins per day from the hotel computers and my husbands e-mail was hacked on the 5th day and we lost his account. I strongly feel that the hotel should be responsible for this and compensate, which they have not as yet.

Room Tip: The club level and as high as possible
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Naina-Damani
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Naina-Damani,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

We are glad you chose to stay with us during your visit to Mumbai. It pleases me to know that your stay was comfortable and you found the services and amenities to be up to your desired expectations. We thank you for your valuable feedback and recommendation and hope to have the pleasure of your continued visits to Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

I am really sorry that your husband had to go through inconvenience due to his email account not working. I also understand that our team got in touch with Ms. Priya regarding the same.

We want to assure you that this has been taken up internally very severely. I would like to personally reassure you that this is the first time that we have ever received a feedback like this and we will ensure that we find complete details of the same. It is really unfortunate that you had this unpleasant experience and I am deeply apologetic about the same.

Solan Himachal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

I stayed with my family from 07 to 09 Jun as part of a wedding group. I was impressed with quiet check in, good room service, well laid out room and nice F & B experience.
The place looks newly renovated and the automation for curtains and light is very very good ; although the old TV sets needs to be changed over to LCD.
being from hospitality industry ; I know what all pains go in all these issues, security, guest services, F & B etc. etc. and our hats off to GM of the property.

Room Tip: I will prefer NOT the sea side facing but pool facing as that has a view of the pool, part sea, Sea...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank ahluwalia1956
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear ahluwalia1956,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

It brings me immense pleasure to hear that you chose to stay with us during your recent visit to Mumbai and found the services and amenities to be up to your desired expectations.
It pleases me to hear that you found the overall ambience of the hotel positive and found the view from your room spectacular.

We offer the largest entry size rooms in North Mumbai city and I’m glad that you found these spacious and comfortable. I’m glad the associates were able to take care of your needs and requirements and serve you with warmth and courtesy. We offer a total of Six food and beverage venues in the hotel. Vista, our all day dining multi-cuisine restaurant that offers guests an experience of flavors from across the world.

We thank you for your valuable feedback and recommendation and hope to have the pleasure of serving you again at the Taj Lands Ends, Mumbai! If in the meantime there is anything I can do for you please feel free to let me know directly. My e-mail address for easy reference is birgit.zorniger@tajhotels.com.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Definitely one of the best hotels I have stayed in. Vey good room size with views of Band Stand, exclusive toiletries, and superb service. I was very impressed with the attention to the finest details of Housekeeping such as a bookmark inserted in my book, and a laptop cleaning cloth kept on my laptop. The food quality was typical Taj. - Absolutely Brilliant. Only hotel where I have actually asked for a feedback form which I could fill out.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Ravi W,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

Your compliments about the staff in particular, delight me and it gives me great pleasure to share it with the team. Your kind words of appreciation for our staff members will go a long way in motivating and encouraging them to do even better in future.
Thanks ever so much for sharing your feedback.

Warm Wishes
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here with a group of 6 friends and it was a perfect stay. The location was convenient but a good quiet retreat at the end of the day. The rooms were beautiful and clean. The staff was friendly and helpful and the food was great; couldn't have asked for more - other than a longer stay there!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Jenna A,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

We thank you for your detailed and appreciative feedback and are glad that you had a pleasurable stay with us.

We are delighted to learn that you had a great time with us and were impressed with our products, property, service areas as well as the overall ambience of the hotel. Our associates are our biggest assets and we are glad that they could meet your desired expectations by way of their warm, hospitable and amicable behaviour. They are empowered to provide intuitive and personalized services to our patrons and we are happy to learn that they could take care of all your requirements with utmost courtesy and professionalism.

Taj Lands End, Mumbai offers a total of Six food and beverage venues, each offering a unique dining experience. Whatever cuisine may interest you we at Taj Lands End have something to offer. Our popular dining venues include Maritime By San Lorenzo, our Italian restaurant, Masala Bay, our Indian cuisine dining venue and Vista, our multi-cuisine restaurant. Apart from the regular spread at the dining venues, we regularly host food & beverage festivals for our guests, offering them the authentic flavors of the world.

The team will have a big smile when they see your feedback! We really look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Warm Wishes
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

Stayed in this hotel long back (5-6 years back). So can't remember the finer details. However what I do remember is the courtesy extended by the staff. I was fabulous and at par with the best of welcomes I have had across the globe! It is also a wonderful premium property and undoubtedly one of the finest hotels in India. Have been to the hotel multiple times for business meals and they have been good as well.
Overall a very good experience.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank priyankunhale
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Dear priyankunhale,

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

The hotel offers good services (massage few restaurants and some high-end shopping) and some great views of sunsets over the Arabian Sea. Location is also very convenient if Mumbai is your hub and you need to be close to the airport. But if what your are after is the more touristic part of town, then you will be a good 40 minute cab-ride away (plus traffic). Bar closes at midnight, which I find slightly early for this kind of hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Nico_LND
Dear Nico_LND,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

It pleases me to hear that you found the overall ambience of the hotel positive. We offer the largest entry size rooms in North Mumbai city and I’m glad that you found these spacious and comfortable. I’m glad the associates were able to take care of your needs and requirements and serve you with warmth and courtesy.