“nice views”

Taj Lands End Mumbai
Ranked #13 of 489 Hotels in Mumbai
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights in November 2013. Rooms are a bit dated, however, the bathroom is very nice. Hospitality is great. Buffet in the restaurant is very nice at par with other luxury hotels in India. Location is good. Ours was a sea facing room. Overall very nice!

Room Tip: Request top floor sea facing room
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Sigmetrics,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience. It’s wonderful to hear that you enjoyed the service and facilities. The team will have a big smile when they see your feedback! We really look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Birgit Zorniger

Write a ReviewReviews (3,808)

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Amazing views of the SeaLink bridge from the rooms. Great food - the breakfast is a highlight!
The chinese restaurant is delicious, though i found the new italian restaurant "Maritime" a little presumptuous!
Great atmosphere in the lobby where you may get super star sightings - if you are into that sort of thing!
Immaculate service with a fantastic concierge service!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank B S
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear B S,

Warm Wishes

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Stayed with family for a short vacation for 3 nights, prior to our check in we were asked about our preferences for the view, room type, bed type , pillows etc. check in was quick. We had taken 2 interconnecting rooms. The rooms were spacious,clean, with superb view of the swimming pool and the Sea link and Arabian Sea. Staff was very polite. The breakfast layout had very vast variety. The restaurent which is highly recommendable is Ming Yang which serves Chinese food. Looking forward to stay in this amazing hotel again!

Room Tip: Choose a room with the pool and sea link view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear siraj_chowdhry,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor further to your experience at The Taj Lands End, Mumbai. It is our earnest endeavor to ensure that our guests enjoy a memorable experience and I am delighted to know that you had a wonderful stay with us.

Your compliments about the staff in particular, delight me and I am glad that they took care to meet all your personal preferences. It gives me great pleasure to share it with the team. Your kind words of appreciation for our staff members will go a long way in motivating and encouraging them to do even better in future. Thanks ever so much for sharing your feedback.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I was in Mumbai for business and invited my daughter who works in Mumbai to come stay with me for a day. From the location, to the service, everything was excellent. What I really appreciated was that I got a mail from the hotel a couple of days before checking in asking my preferences for mattresses, pillows, view, etc, etc and each of my preference was taken care of.

Room Tip: I took a sea facing, non smoking room and was very happy with it
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank SNS21
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear SNS21,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

Your compliments about the staff taking care to note your personal preferences and then executing it completely, in particular, delight me. It indeed gives me great pleasure to share it with the team. Your kind words of appreciation for our staff members will go a long way in motivating and encouraging them to do even better in future. Thanks ever so much for sharing your feedback.

We greatly value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back to The Taj Lands End, Mumbai soon. If in the meantime there is anything I can do for you please feel free to let me know directly. My e-mail address for easy reference is birgit.zorniger@tajhotels.com.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

We were 3 couples, arrived in Mumbai after touring Sri Lanka for 2 weeks. We stayed for 8 nights at the club level, which included airport tranfer one way, so we were picked up from the airport by a smart driver with a spotless, polished car and we were supplied with cold water, as soon as we got in the car. We were brought a fablous cold drink, in our room by our butler. We had to change room once as it was not sea view. The rooms were large and adequately furnished. The bath products were excellent quality and lovely fragrance. I was impressed with immaculate room condition all the time. The lobby was at 2 levels and beautiful ambience and sitting area. Khazana the Taj shop on the 1st floor had innovative and extravagant items. The service from all the staff was impeccable, especially at the concierge desk. The restaurant had superb, huge variety of food, particularly the hashbrowns.
Overall the service at the club level was superb but unfortunately the food was very greasy and not enough selection nor any choise for vegeterians. Good variety of drinks and cocktails. My birthday was during this period and beautiful bunch of red roses and a chocolate cake was left in our room to celebrate.
There was free excess for 30 mins per day from the hotel computers and my husbands e-mail was hacked on the 5th day and we lost his account. I strongly feel that the hotel should be responsible for this and compensate, which they have not as yet.

Room Tip: The club level and as high as possible
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Naina-Damani
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Naina-Damani,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

We are glad you chose to stay with us during your visit to Mumbai. It pleases me to know that your stay was comfortable and you found the services and amenities to be up to your desired expectations. We thank you for your valuable feedback and recommendation and hope to have the pleasure of your continued visits to Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

I am really sorry that your husband had to go through inconvenience due to his email account not working. I also understand that our team got in touch with Ms. Priya regarding the same.

We want to assure you that this has been taken up internally very severely. I would like to personally reassure you that this is the first time that we have ever received a feedback like this and we will ensure that we find complete details of the same. It is really unfortunate that you had this unpleasant experience and I am deeply apologetic about the same.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I stayed with my family from 07 to 09 Jun as part of a wedding group. I was impressed with quiet check in, good room service, well laid out room and nice F & B experience.
The place looks newly renovated and the automation for curtains and light is very very good ; although the old TV sets needs to be changed over to LCD.
being from hospitality industry ; I know what all pains go in all these issues, security, guest services, F & B etc. etc. and our hats off to GM of the property.

Room Tip: I will prefer NOT the sea side facing but pool facing as that has a view of the pool, part sea, Sea...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank ahluwalia1956
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear ahluwalia1956,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

It brings me immense pleasure to hear that you chose to stay with us during your recent visit to Mumbai and found the services and amenities to be up to your desired expectations.
It pleases me to hear that you found the overall ambience of the hotel positive and found the view from your room spectacular.

We offer the largest entry size rooms in North Mumbai city and I’m glad that you found these spacious and comfortable. I’m glad the associates were able to take care of your needs and requirements and serve you with warmth and courtesy. We offer a total of Six food and beverage venues in the hotel. Vista, our all day dining multi-cuisine restaurant that offers guests an experience of flavors from across the world.

We thank you for your valuable feedback and recommendation and hope to have the pleasure of serving you again at the Taj Lands Ends, Mumbai! If in the meantime there is anything I can do for you please feel free to let me know directly. My e-mail address for easy reference is birgit.zorniger@tajhotels.com.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Definitely one of the best hotels I have stayed in. Vey good room size with views of Band Stand, exclusive toiletries, and superb service. I was very impressed with the attention to the finest details of Housekeeping such as a bookmark inserted in my book, and a laptop cleaning cloth kept on my laptop. The food quality was typical Taj. - Absolutely Brilliant. Only hotel where I have actually asked for a feedback form which I could fill out.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Ravi W,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

Your compliments about the staff in particular, delight me and it gives me great pleasure to share it with the team. Your kind words of appreciation for our staff members will go a long way in motivating and encouraging them to do even better in future.
Thanks ever so much for sharing your feedback.

Warm Wishes