“Great hospitality!”

Taj Lands End Mumbai
Ranked #13 of 458 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights and the experience was delightful. Awesome food, great hospitality and pleasing ambience is how I would describe it. The rooms are well equipped and spacious. Gym, Sauna Jacuzzi and the pool are all very well maintained.
There is some sitting space in the lawns next to the pool, but unfortunately they don't serve dinner there. Drinks and starters are served there though.
Some places in the elevator lobbies could be improved for lighting and general maintenance.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

We thank you for your detailed and appreciative feedback and are glad that you had a pleasurable stay with us.

We are delighted to learn that you had a great time with us and were impressed with our products, property, service areas as well as the overall ambience of the hotel. Our associates are our biggest assets and we are glad that they could meet your desired expectations by way of their warm, hospitable and amicable behaviour. They are empowered to provide intuitive and personalized services to our patrons and we are happy to learn that they could take care of all your requirements with utmost courtesy and professionalism.

Taj Lands End, Mumbai offers a total of Six food and beverage venues, each offering a unique dining experience. Whatever cuisine may interest you we at Taj Lands End have something to offer. Our popular dining venues include Maritime By San Lorenzo, our Italian restaurant, Masala Bay, our Indian cuisine dining venue and Vista, our multi-cuisine restaurant. Apart from the regular spread at the dining venues, we regularly host food & beverage festivals for our guests, offering them the authentic flavors of the world.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

We arrived after midnight and I was very disappointed to discover that the toilet in my bathroom had not been flushed by previous user. Would have complained if it had not been so late. Bathrobe was missing from hanger so not sure if room was made up properly - I did check that the bedding was fresh.
The service at breakfast was not very good - we always had to ask for tea or coffee and it was always late in arriving and we never got offered a refill.
Also at dinner the service was very slow - alright when you served yourself from the buffet but waiter service very slow.
One time I asked about a gluten free desert and was promised something special from the chef and was very disappointed to get a bowl of sorbet.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

We thank you for sharing your experience as it is quintessential in our journey to improve guest satisfaction. We strive to deliver exceptional service and to create memorable experiences for all our guests.

I deeply regret the fact that you had to face a problem and sincerely apologize for the same. Please be rest assured that we will look into the concerns raised (housekeeping/ breakfast & restaurant service) and do everything possible to ensure such an incident is not repeated. May we please request your contact details (EMAIL ID or PHONE NUMBER) via direct message so that we may get in touch with you to understand the concerns raised better and act on them.

I want to assure you that your feedback will go a long way in helping us achieve the same.
We assure you that on your next visit you will not face any unpleasant situation and will have a pleasurable stay.

We look forward to welcoming you again to the warmth and hospitality of Taj Lands End, Mumbai! If in the meantime there is anything I can do for you please feel free to let me know directly. My e-mail address for easy reference is birgit.zorniger@tajhotels.com.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Stayed here on our business trip to Mumbai. Most of our work was at Bandra Kurla Complex(BKC) and some in Colaba area.
BKC was very convenient to get to - just a couple of minutes by the cab. Colaba is a bit far away, but using the Worli Sea Link saved atleast 15 mins.

We had a seaview room on the 12th Floor which was clean and spacious. The Forest Essential toiletries were also good.

All the restaurants in the hotel are good and server delicious fare.

The staff during checkin and checout were very friendly and even suggested us some nice places to visit near the hotel. Vidur who checked us out was very impressive with his knowledge of places to visit in Mumbai.

Overall a very pleasant stay.

1  Thank manjun
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Guest,

We are happy to learn that you found our location convenient and could use it as per your advantage. It also pleases us to learn that you were impressed with our service areas and facilities offered in the rooms and restaurants. Thank you for your kind acknowledgement of our associates. We are happy that they were able to take care of all your requirements with warmth and professionalism and your appreciation will definitely be conveyed to them.

We thank you for your valuable feedback and recommendation and hope to have the pleasure of serving you again at the Taj Lands Ends, Mumbai! If in the meantime there is anything I can do for you please feel free to let me know directly. My e-mail address for easy reference is birgit.zorniger@tajhotels.com.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

My daughter was insisting we stay at one of the Taj hotels, so we chose the Lands End, and she thoroughly enjoyed her stay here some months ago.

We decided to go one weekend during the monsoon, as the sea facing rooms offer a gorgeous view. We were on the Club floor, and everything from the stay, to the food, to the view to the spa was extraordinary.

The room service was prompt, the mini bar was well stocked and the food at Vista was really lovely. Their spa is also top class. I took a scrub treatment and also had their wellness cuisine. Organic, light and very healthy.

Would love to visit again this year if possible.

Room Tip: Definitely the club floor rooms facing the sea
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

It brings me immense pleasure to hear that you chose to stay with us during your recent visit to Mumbai and found the services and amenities to be up to your desired expectations.
It pleases me to hear that you found the overall ambience of the hotel positive and found the view from your room spectacular. We offer the largest entry size rooms in North Mumbai city and I’m glad that you found these spacious and comfortable. I’m glad the associates were able to take care of your needs and requirements and serve you with warmth and courtesy.

We offer a total of Six food and beverage venues in the hotel. Vista, our all day dining multi-cuisine restaurant that offers guests an experience of flavors from across the world.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Taj Lands Ends is one of my favorites hotels world wide. Everything here is near to be perfect
!
Rooms are very comfortable and the ocean view is terrific ! All the staff it's just super professional and very helpful always !!
A personal greetings to the manager Mr. Gaurav. He really helped me in a thought situation.
The swimpool is very clean and just amazing ! Also the SPA and the Gym very comfortable. IO tryed also massages and i found very professional everyone !! Restaurants are very special, and especially Italian Restaurant Lorenzo it's a start !!
I can't wait to come back again.

Room Tip: ask for a sea view room. If you can stay at TAj CLub
2  Thank Jc72_9

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor further to your experience at The Taj Lands End, Mumbai. It is our earnest endeavor to ensure that our guests enjoy a memorable experience and I am delighted to know that you had a wonderful stay with us.

Your compliments about the staff in particular, delight me and it gives me great pleasure to share it with the team. Your kind words of appreciation for our staff members will go a long way in motivating and encouraging them to do even better in future. Thanks ever so much for sharing your feedback. We greatly value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back to The Taj Lands End, Mumbai soon.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights in November 2013. Rooms are a bit dated, however, the bathroom is very nice. Hospitality is great. Buffet in the restaurant is very nice at par with other luxury hotels in India. Location is good. Ours was a sea facing room. Overall very nice!

Room Tip: Request top floor sea facing room
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Sigmetrics,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience. It’s wonderful to hear that you enjoyed the service and facilities. The team will have a big smile when they see your feedback! We really look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Amazing views of the SeaLink bridge from the rooms. Great food - the breakfast is a highlight!
The chinese restaurant is delicious, though i found the new italian restaurant "Maritime" a little presumptuous!
Great atmosphere in the lobby where you may get super star sightings - if you are into that sort of thing!
Immaculate service with a fantastic concierge service!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank B S
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear B S,