Taj Lands End Mumbai
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$214
US$124
US$134
US$94
3,867 results
All reviewsmasala baysea linkvista restaurantband standarabian seachinese restaurantclub roomsea facingcoffee shopbutler servicein room diningbusiness tripan upgraderoom serviceexcellent hotelgreat hospitalityexcellent stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I stayed for 3 days with my family, overall experience was very pleasant. Will love to come back again here. from the lobby to the rooms to the staff - overall a pleasant experience. Highly recommended place.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Birgit Z, Front Office Manager at Taj Lands End Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience. It’s wonderful to hear that you enjoyed the service and facilities. The team will have a big smile when they see your feedback! We really look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed 24 July 2014

A luxury hotel with staff which looks into small details to make your stay comfortable .the luggage offloading and delivery to the room was smooth . The check in gave a warm welcome .the hotel rooms start from 11 floor which per se is the first floor onward as the lobby is in 4 levels .the rooms with a full sea view are the odd number room from 1101 to 1127 and same for the remaining room which give a partial sea view . Even numbers give you a pool view.I had an old fashion room with a25 inch box TV where it took you down memory lane with fuzzy pictures and crackling sound. The room was spacious and comfortable . The only big negative was the plumbing noise, wherein noise of the water rushing through the pipes when the next room uses the bathroom can be very irritating at 4 am .the hotel could change the TV and look into the plumbing noise to make the stay even better. I had in room dining and the service was good ,efficient and having breakfast looking at the sea was an out of the world experience .the food was good and I would recommend Kheema pav to hard core non vegetarians .the Iatlian dishes were also above average and the quantity is adequate for 2 .If you can ask the staff for a room on the 12 floor odd number till 27 as at time you have staff cleaning the roof which is overlooking your room .Also in monsoons the rain falling on the lobby domes is just outside your window and at night it is an irritant which you can avoid by 12 floor on wards room.

Room Tip: Ask for a 12 floor upward room odd number ending with 01 till 27 for an excellent sea view . The staff claims all rooms are sea facing which is partially true, my first room was overlooking a school and partial sea view ,also the school bell every hour is an irritant
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

We thank you for choosing to stay with us and also for sharing your detailed stay experience here on TripAdvisor.

It pleases us to learn that you were impressed with our service areas and facilities offered and indeed a big thank you for your kind acknowledgement of our associates. We are happy that they were able to take care of all your requirements with warmth and professionalism and your appreciation will definitely be conveyed to them.

The Taj Lands End, Mumbai is known for ‘taking an extra step’ and providing our guests with great experiences. We have noted your comments about the TV set and the plumbing noise in the room. We sincerely apologize for the same. I would like to assure you, that we will investigate this deeply. Your feedback will certainly help us scale newer heights in our journey towards customer delight.

We thank you for your valuable feedback and recommendation and hope to have the pleasure of serving you again at the Taj Lands Ends, Mumbai! If in the meantime there is anything I can do for you please feel free to let me know directly. My e-mail address for easy reference is birgit.zorniger@tajhotels.com.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Had stayed with no staff help for a room with no phone line working when we try to call for help. Lights were off for the most part and was on when we tried to sleep. Staff very laid back, as though customer is privileged to be at the hotel. Great sea view but horrible service. I would rather sit by the beach and stay at a good hotel.

Room Tip: Very expensive and horrible service. Stay only for the view of the sea, but if you would do that sea view for less than 2 hours a day - stay away from it. Not worth the time and cost. Food and drinks prohibitively expensive for the service levels.
1  Thank ananthraj
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

I am so very sorry to hear that you have had an unpleasant experience with us at Taj Lands End. We strive to deliver exceptional service and to create memorable experiences for all our guests and hence I deeply regret the fact that you had to face a problem.

Our team has tried calling you on your cell-phone number but have been unable to speak with you. Please do advise us on a good time to speak. Please be rest assured that we will look into the concern raised and do everything possible to ensure such an incident is not repeated.

We assure you that on your next visit you will not face any unpleasant situation and will have a pleasurable stay. We look forward to welcoming you again to the warmth and hospitality of Taj Lands End, Mumbai! If in the meantime there is anything I can do for you please feel free to let me know directly. My e-mail address for easy reference is birgit.zorniger@tajhotels.com.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

This is undoubtedly the best hotel in Mumbai and arguably the best Taj property in India. The service, the folks, the way rooms are done, the food, the bar, the view .. they make you feel really valued and welcome. I have stayed here quite a few times in last 3 yrs and have nothing to complain - Yes, they charge for internet, but thats okay. Highly recommended for business/luxury traveler or whoever who wants to taste Indian hospitality.

Room Tip: I always got a Sea view room. I am not sure if they have other types of rooms also.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

We thank you for your detailed and appreciative feedback and are glad that you had a pleasurable stay with us.

We are delighted to learn that you had a great time with us and were impressed with our products, property, service areas as well as the overall ambience of the hotel. Our associates are our biggest assets and we are glad that they could meet your desired expectations by way of their warm, hospitable and amicable behaviour at all the different places of interaction. They are empowered to provide intuitive and personalized services to our patrons and we are happy to learn that they could take care of all your requirements with utmost courtesy and professionalism.

Taj Lands End, Mumbai offers a total of Six food and beverage venues, each offering a unique dining experience. Whatever cuisine may interest you we at Taj Lands End have something to offer. Our popular dining venues include Maritime By San Lorenzo, our Italian restaurant, Masala Bay, our Indian cuisine dining venue and Vista, our multi-cuisine restaurant. Apart from the regular spread at the dining venues, we regularly host food & beverage festivals for our guests, offering them the authentic flavors of the world.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Wonderful property from Taj- convenient location in a charming Bandra neighborhood. Exceptionally large rooms- got a free upgrade because of availability, excellent restaurants a fantastic view of the sea link. I will go back here again for business and leisure travel. A very good hotel for families as well.

Room Tip: Take a sea link facing room for fantastic views of the Mumbai skyline