“Best hotel I have ever stayed”
Review of Taj Lands End

Taj Lands End
Ranked #13 of 447 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
New Delhi, India
“Best hotel I have ever stayed”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I have stayed in this hotel along with the delegates who have come from Zambia. The hotel is amazingly located right in front of the sea. The hotel is located in the posh area of Bandra where most of the film celebrities live nearby.You can have a nice morning walk along the beach just in front of the hotel. I asked for a room with a nice sea view and the staff was kind enough to give me a room with the best view of the sea. Don't get surprised if you see film stars in the hotel. Overall an amazing place.

Try the restaurant 'Ming Yang' in the hotel. It serves authentic Chinese food.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End, responded to this review, 8 August 2014

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

We thank you for your detailed and appreciative feedback and are glad that you had a pleasurable stay with us.

We are delighted to learn that you had a great time with us and were impressed with our products, property, service areas as well as the overall ambience of the hotel. Our associates are our biggest assets and we are glad that they could meet your desired expectations by way of their warm, hospitable and amicable behaviour. They are empowered to provide intuitive and personalized services to our patrons and we are happy to learn that they could take care of all your requirements with utmost courtesy and professionalism.

Taj Lands End, Mumbai offers a total of Six food and beverage venues, each offering a unique dining experience. Whatever cuisine may interest you we at Taj Lands End have something to offer. Our popular dining venues include Maritime By San Lorenzo, our Italian restaurant, Masala Bay, our Indian cuisine dining venue and Vista, our multi-cuisine restaurant. Apart from the regular spread at the dining venues, we regularly host food & beverage festivals for our guests, offering them the authentic flavors of the world.

The team will have a big smile when they see your feedback! We really look forward to welcoming you back very soon! If in the meantime there is anything I can do for you please feel free to let me know directly. My e-mail address for easy reference is birgit.zorniger@tajhotels.com.

Birgit Zorniger

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (857)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I have stayed at this hotel several times, but this is the last for me. If I had to choose a hotel based on the staff, I would stay here again and again. However, the condition of the rooms are poor if you are in an unrefurbished room. They are very musty and what is shocking is the TAJ will charge you the same (expensive) price for either type of room. There are other great places to stay in Mumbai and if you are given an unrefurbished room, I would either ask for a refurbished room or a refund. The location is great and as mentioned the staff is wonderful, but who would want to travel from the US to stay in a musty room in Mumbai?

Room Tip: If it is an unrefurbished room....leave
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank USA2world
Birgit Z, Front Office Manager at Taj Lands End, responded to this review, 4 August 2014

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

While we are delighted to read your positive comments about the staff hospitality, it is a matter of great regret that you felt the room and amenities were mediocre and not up to your expectations. I am so so sorry that you had to face an unpleasant situation and be disappointed in your expectations.

Do trust this as a one-time incident as I am sure this does not reflect the usually high standards of service and quality that we are known to offer. I am going to look into the concerns you’ve mentioned above, personally. May I please request your contact details so that we are able to speak with you regarding your concerns and address them in the appropriate manner. I would also like to assure you that on your next visit you will only receive the best of our services.

We appreciate your efforts in leaving behind a feedback for us and I really hope you give us a chance to serve you better in future. We look forward to welcoming you again to the

We assure you that on your next visit you will not face any unpleasant situation and will have a pleasurable stay with nothing but the best standards of service and amenities. If in the meantime there is anything I can do for you please feel free to let me know directly.

Warm Wishes,
Birgit Zorniger.
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed 2 August 2014

A luxury hotel at excellent location . The check in gave a warm welcome .The hotel rooms start from 11 floor which per se is the first floor onward as the lobby is in 4 levels .the rooms with a full sea view are the odd number room from 1101 to 1127 . I stayed on 19th floor with full sea view and sea link view. It was the luxury room with all the electronic gadgets and was spacious and comfortable . Even all the curtain movement was controlled by electronic controls.Having breakfast looking at the sea was an out of the world experience . Will love to stay again

Room Tip: Ask for sea side rooms with odd numbers
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End, responded to this review, 4 August 2014

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

It brings me immense pleasure to hear that you chose to stay with us during your recent visit to Mumbai and found the services and amenities to be up to your desired expectations.
It pleases me to hear that you found the overall ambience of the hotel positive and found the view from your room spectacular.

We offer the largest entry size rooms in North Mumbai city and I’m glad that you found these spacious and comfortable. I’m glad the associates were able to take care of your needs and requirements and serve you with warmth and courtesy. We offer a total of Six food and beverage venues in the hotel. Vista, our all day dining multi-cuisine restaurant that offers guests an experience of flavors from across the world.

We thank you for your valuable feedback and recommendation and hope to have the pleasure of serving you again at the Taj Lands Ends, Mumbai! If in the meantime there is anything I can do for you please feel free to let me know directly. My e-mail address for easy reference is birgit.zorniger@tajhotels.com.

Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I checked in to room 1627 late last night after 30+ hours of traveling. I've stayed here several times before and was really looking forward to returning. First, I was taken to a smoking room. I didn't request a smoking room and didn't want to stay in one. The bellman called down to the desk and went to retrieve the new key. I arrived at my new non smoking room. This is NOT the taj lands end I remembered from 1 year ago. I was immediately faced with the musty, damp odor. The carpet is dirty. There appears to be blood on the throw across the bottom of the bed. The only plugs, except one, are at floor level and behind furniture. And all are Indian. (Most Taj properties have universal plugs). There are no drawers for my clothing except those in the night stands. And there are 6 hangers in the closet. There is a tiny crappy hair dryer and no iron. The wifi is too weak to hold a signal long enough to do anything other than check email.

On a positive note...the bathroom is nice and spacious. There is a kettle and coffee/tea making supplies. Plenty of bottled water. There is a sea view.

I'm not impressed and will not recommend or book here again. If my impression changes before checking out on Monday, I'll be sure to update.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank SueGandy
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Dear Ms. Gandy,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

Thank you for sharing your feedback here on Trip Advisor. I am terribly and truly sorry for the unpleasant situation and inconvenience you had to face, upon your arrival this time.

I am so glad my colleague Himadri was able to connect with you and I want to assure you that we will certainly work very hard to ensure that we correct your initial poor impression about Taj Lands End, over this weekend!

Warm Wishes,
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Location of the hotel is awesome.
Go through a good travel agent for good rates. FSR travels is a good option.
Club rooms offer free drinks and snack during tea time.
They have great banquet facility.
Restaurants are also great.
And is close to the airport.

Stayed June 2014
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End, responded to this review, 29 July 2014

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience. It’s wonderful to hear that you enjoyed the service and facilities. The team will have a big smile when they see your feedback! We really look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I stayed for 3 days with my family, overall experience was very pleasant. Will love to come back again here. from the lobby to the rooms to the staff - overall a pleasant experience. Highly recommended place.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Birgit Z, Front Office Manager at Taj Lands End, responded to this review, 28 July 2014

Vadodara, India
Reviewed 24 July 2014

A luxury hotel with staff which looks into small details to make your stay comfortable .the luggage offloading and delivery to the room was smooth . The check in gave a warm welcome .the hotel rooms start from 11 floor which per se is the first floor onward as the lobby is in 4 levels .the rooms with a full sea view are the odd number room from 1101 to 1127 and same for the remaining room which give a partial sea view . Even numbers give you a pool view.I had an old fashion room with a25 inch box TV where it took you down memory lane with fuzzy pictures and crackling sound. The room was spacious and comfortable . The only big negative was the plumbing noise, wherein noise of the water rushing through the pipes when the next room uses the bathroom can be very irritating at 4 am .the hotel could change the TV and look into the plumbing noise to make the stay even better. I had in room dining and the service was good ,efficient and having breakfast looking at the sea was an out of the world experience .the food was good and I would recommend Kheema pav to hard core non vegetarians .the Iatlian dishes were also above average and the quantity is adequate for 2 .If you can ask the staff for a room on the 12 floor odd number till 27 as at time you have staff cleaning the roof which is overlooking your room .Also in monsoons the rain falling on the lobby domes is just outside your window and at night it is an irritant which you can avoid by 12 floor on wards room.

Room Tip: Ask for a 12 floor upward room odd number ending with 01 till 27 for an excellent sea view . The sta...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End, responded to this review, 28 July 2014

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

We thank you for choosing to stay with us and also for sharing your detailed stay experience here on TripAdvisor.

It pleases us to learn that you were impressed with our service areas and facilities offered and indeed a big thank you for your kind acknowledgement of our associates. We are happy that they were able to take care of all your requirements with warmth and professionalism and your appreciation will definitely be conveyed to them.

The Taj Lands End, Mumbai is known for ‘taking an extra step’ and providing our guests with great experiences. We have noted your comments about the TV set and the plumbing noise in the room. We sincerely apologize for the same. I would like to assure you, that we will investigate this deeply. Your feedback will certainly help us scale newer heights in our journey towards customer delight.