“loved the stay”

Taj Lands End Mumbai
Ranked #13 of 489 Hotels in Mumbai
Reviewed 5 August 2014

absolutely fantastic room. the view from room to the sea was fantastic.staff is courteous.
monsoon weather added magic to the view. was my first time here and would come back here again when visiting mumbai again

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

It brings me immense pleasure to hear that you chose to stay with us during your recent visit to Mumbai and found the services and amenities to be up to your desired expectations.
It pleases me to hear that you found the overall ambience of the hotel positive and found the view from your room spectacular. Like you rightly mentioned, the monsoon does add to the charm of the picturesque views that the hotel offers!

We offer the largest entry size rooms in North Mumbai city with a total of 493 rooms and suites and I'm delighted to say that they ALL have a beautiful sea view. I’m so glad that you found these spacious and comfortable. I’m glad the associates were able to take care of your needs and requirements and serve you with warmth and courtesy. We offer a total of Six food and beverage venues in the hotel. Vista, our all day dining multi-cuisine restaurant that offers guests an experience of flavors from across the world.

Birgit Zorniger

Write a ReviewReviews (3,811)

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I have stayed in this hotel along with the delegates who have come from Zambia. The hotel is amazingly located right in front of the sea. The hotel is located in the posh area of Bandra where most of the film celebrities live nearby.You can have a nice morning walk along the beach just in front of the hotel. I asked for a room with a nice sea view and the staff was kind enough to give me a room with the best view of the sea. Don't get surprised if you see film stars in the hotel. Overall an amazing place.

Try the restaurant 'Ming Yang' in the hotel. It serves authentic Chinese food.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

We thank you for your detailed and appreciative feedback and are glad that you had a pleasurable stay with us.

We are delighted to learn that you had a great time with us and were impressed with our products, property, service areas as well as the overall ambience of the hotel. Our associates are our biggest assets and we are glad that they could meet your desired expectations by way of their warm, hospitable and amicable behaviour. They are empowered to provide intuitive and personalized services to our patrons and we are happy to learn that they could take care of all your requirements with utmost courtesy and professionalism.

Taj Lands End, Mumbai offers a total of Six food and beverage venues, each offering a unique dining experience. Whatever cuisine may interest you we at Taj Lands End have something to offer. Our popular dining venues include Maritime By San Lorenzo, our Italian restaurant, Masala Bay, our Indian cuisine dining venue and Vista, our multi-cuisine restaurant. Apart from the regular spread at the dining venues, we regularly host food & beverage festivals for our guests, offering them the authentic flavors of the world.

The team will have a big smile when they see your feedback! We really look forward to welcoming you back very soon! If in the meantime there is anything I can do for you please feel free to let me know directly. My e-mail address for easy reference is birgit.zorniger@tajhotels.com.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

A luxury hotel at excellent location . The check in gave a warm welcome .The hotel rooms start from 11 floor which per se is the first floor onward as the lobby is in 4 levels .the rooms with a full sea view are the odd number room from 1101 to 1127 . I stayed on 19th floor with full sea view and sea link view. It was the luxury room with all the electronic gadgets and was spacious and comfortable . Even all the curtain movement was controlled by electronic controls.Having breakfast looking at the sea was an out of the world experience . Will love to stay again

Room Tip: Ask for sea side rooms with odd numbers
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

We offer the largest entry size rooms in North Mumbai city and I’m glad that you found these spacious and comfortable. I’m glad the associates were able to take care of your needs and requirements and serve you with warmth and courtesy. We offer a total of Six food and beverage venues in the hotel. Vista, our all day dining multi-cuisine restaurant that offers guests an experience of flavors from across the world.

We thank you for your valuable feedback and recommendation and hope to have the pleasure of serving you again at the Taj Lands Ends, Mumbai! If in the meantime there is anything I can do for you please feel free to let me know directly. My e-mail address for easy reference is birgit.zorniger@tajhotels.com.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

I checked in to room 1627 late last night after 30+ hours of traveling. I've stayed here several times before and was really looking forward to returning. First, I was taken to a smoking room. I didn't request a smoking room and didn't want to stay in one. The bellman called down to the desk and went to retrieve the new key. I arrived at my new non smoking room. This is NOT the taj lands end I remembered from 1 year ago. I was immediately faced with the musty, damp odor. The carpet is dirty. There appears to be blood on the throw across the bottom of the bed. The only plugs, except one, are at floor level and behind furniture. And all are Indian. (Most Taj properties have universal plugs). There are no drawers for my clothing except those in the night stands. And there are 6 hangers in the closet. There is a tiny crappy hair dryer and no iron. The wifi is too weak to hold a signal long enough to do anything other than check email.

On a positive note...the bathroom is nice and spacious. There is a kettle and coffee/tea making supplies. Plenty of bottled water. There is a sea view.

I'm not impressed and will not recommend or book here again. If my impression changes before checking out on Monday, I'll be sure to update.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank SueGandy
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Dear Ms. Gandy,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

Thank you for sharing your feedback here on Trip Advisor. I am terribly and truly sorry for the unpleasant situation and inconvenience you had to face, upon your arrival this time.

I am so glad my colleague Himadri was able to connect with you and I want to assure you that we will certainly work very hard to ensure that we correct your initial poor impression about Taj Lands End, over this weekend!

Warm Wishes,

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Location of the hotel is awesome.
Go through a good travel agent for good rates. FSR travels is a good option.
Club rooms offer free drinks and snack during tea time.
They have great banquet facility.
Restaurants are also great.
And is close to the airport.

Stayed: June 2014
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience. It’s wonderful to hear that you enjoyed the service and facilities. The team will have a big smile when they see your feedback! We really look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed 26 July 2014

I stayed for 3 days with my family, overall experience was very pleasant. Will love to come back again here. from the lobby to the rooms to the staff - overall a pleasant experience. Highly recommended place.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Birgit Z, Front Office Manager at Taj Lands End Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Reviewed 24 July 2014

A luxury hotel with staff which looks into small details to make your stay comfortable .the luggage offloading and delivery to the room was smooth . The check in gave a warm welcome .the hotel rooms start from 11 floor which per se is the first floor onward as the lobby is in 4 levels .the rooms with a full sea view are the odd number room from 1101 to 1127 and same for the remaining room which give a partial sea view . Even numbers give you a pool view.I had an old fashion room with a25 inch box TV where it took you down memory lane with fuzzy pictures and crackling sound. The room was spacious and comfortable . The only big negative was the plumbing noise, wherein noise of the water rushing through the pipes when the next room uses the bathroom can be very irritating at 4 am .the hotel could change the TV and look into the plumbing noise to make the stay even better. I had in room dining and the service was good ,efficient and having breakfast looking at the sea was an out of the world experience .the food was good and I would recommend Kheema pav to hard core non vegetarians .the Iatlian dishes were also above average and the quantity is adequate for 2 .If you can ask the staff for a room on the 12 floor odd number till 27 as at time you have staff cleaning the roof which is overlooking your room .Also in monsoons the rain falling on the lobby domes is just outside your window and at night it is an irritant which you can avoid by 12 floor on wards room.

Room Tip: Ask for a 12 floor upward room odd number ending with 01 till 27 for an excellent sea view . The sta...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

We thank you for choosing to stay with us and also for sharing your detailed stay experience here on TripAdvisor.

It pleases us to learn that you were impressed with our service areas and facilities offered and indeed a big thank you for your kind acknowledgement of our associates. We are happy that they were able to take care of all your requirements with warmth and professionalism and your appreciation will definitely be conveyed to them.

The Taj Lands End, Mumbai is known for ‘taking an extra step’ and providing our guests with great experiences. We have noted your comments about the TV set and the plumbing noise in the room. We sincerely apologize for the same. I would like to assure you, that we will investigate this deeply. Your feedback will certainly help us scale newer heights in our journey towards customer delight.