“A very Classy Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Taj Lands End

Taj Lands End
Ranked #10 of 440 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Kochi (Cochin), India
“A very Classy Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

I stayed this hotel in one of my official visit to Mumbai. Excellent Hotel with a very good view of the sea. A neat room and the fresh smell as soon as we enter the room will make me stress-free and I found such a feeling as soon as I entered the room first. The staffs were very friendly and made me feel like home. There was a professional touch in everything they did. Had a very nice stay

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End, responded to this review, 13 August 2014

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor further to your experience at The Taj Lands End, Mumbai. It is our earnest endeavor to ensure that our guests enjoy a memorable experience and I am delighted to know that you had a wonderful stay with us.

Your compliments about the staff in particular, delight me and it gives me great pleasure to share it with the team. Your kind words of appreciation for our staff members will go a long way in motivating and encouraging them to do even better in future. Thanks ever so much for sharing your feedback. We greatly value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back to The Taj Lands End, Mumbai soon.

Birgit Zorniger

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (835)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Pune, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

Great location. Awesome view from the rooms. Excellent breakfast spread. Very good restaurants. Very comfortable and quiet rooms. The gym, spa and the pool are excellent. I actually swam in an outdoor pool where the water temperature could be controlled for the first time. The staff are extremely courteous and friendly. Great relaxing experience after a hard days work.

Room Tip: Higher floors. View from either side is great, one is overlooking the sea, the other overlooking the...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Birgit Z, Guest Relations Manager at Taj Lands End, responded to this review, 9 August 2014

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

We thank you for choosing to stay with us and also for sharing your detailed stay experience here on TripAdvisor.

It pleases us to learn that you were impressed with our service areas and facilities offered including Health & fitness centre, Jiva Spa and Pool. Thank you for your kind acknowledgement of our associates. We are happy that they were able to take care of all your requirements with warmth and professionalism and your appreciation will definitely be conveyed to them.
The Taj Lands End, Mumbai is known for ‘taking an extra step’ and providing our guests with great experiences.

We thank you for your valuable feedback and recommendation and hope to have the pleasure of serving you again at the Taj Lands Ends, Mumbai! If in the meantime there is anything I can do for you please feel free to let me know directly. My e-mail address for easy reference is birgit.zorniger@tajhotels.com.

Kuwait City, Kuwait, Middle East
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 days duribg the monsoons. The best thibg about this hotel is the staff and the next best thjbg is the view. I had a full sea facing room(overlooking bandstand), and oh my, the views in the morning after waking up were just astounding. Hotel facilities are so-so, nothjbg you wouldnt find at a standard 3-star hotel anywhere in the world. The location of the hotel is quite nice, close enough to Bandra restaurants and pubs but just far enough to make it sort of an escape from all the noise.
The breakfast buffet was average, ive had better at other hotels. I will remember this buffet though, for the most rubbery bacon i have ever had.
Overall, i think the next time i would rather stay at the taj palace in colaba (i prefer colaba over bandra anyway).

• Stayed July 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End, responded to this review, 7 August 2014

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

It brings me immense pleasure to hear that you chose to stay with us during your recent visit to Mumbai and found the staff and the hospitality to be up to your desired expectations.

It pleases me to hear that you found the overall ambience of the hotel positive and found the view from your room spectacular. We offer the largest entry size rooms in North Mumbai city and I’m glad that you found these spacious and comfortable. I’m glad the associates were able to take care of your needs and requirements and serve you with warmth and courtesy.

I am concerned about your feedback about the breakfast spread and in particular your comments about some of the items on offer. We will definitely look into it and assure you that your feedback will only help us achieve higher levels in our journey towards customer delight.

Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

This is another great hotel I have had the chance to stay at while in Mumbai and I shall never forget the style he friendliness and professionalism of the Staff. The hall smells like fresh flowers because it is filled with thousands of them and a limo will drive you if you need to go shopping. The Chinese restaurant is also enchanting and the food s very good. I am impressed ! Thank you so much !

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

We thank you for your detailed and appreciative feedback and are glad that you had a pleasurable stay with us.

We are delighted to learn that you had a great time with us and were impressed with our products, property, service areas as well as the overall ambience of the hotel. Our associates are our biggest assets and we are glad that they could meet your desired expectations by way of their warm, hospitable and amicable behaviour. They are empowered to provide intuitive and personalized services to our patrons and we are happy to learn that they could take care of all your requirements with utmost courtesy and professionalism.

Taj Lands End, Mumbai offers a total of Six food and beverage venues, each offering a unique dining experience. Whatever cuisine may interest you we at Taj Lands End have something to offer. Our popular dining venues include Maritime By San Lorenzo, our Italian restaurant, Masala Bay, our Indian cuisine dining venue and Vista, our multi-cuisine restaurant. Apart from the regular spread at the dining venues, we regularly host food & beverage festivals for our guests, offering them the authentic flavors of the world.

The team will have a big smile when they see your feedback! We really look forward to welcoming you back very soon! If in the meantime there is anything I can do for you please feel free to let me know directly. My e-mail address for easy reference is birgit.zorniger@tajhotels.com.

Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

absolutely fantastic room. the view from room to the sea was fantastic.staff is courteous.
monsoon weather added magic to the view. was my first time here and would come back here again when visiting mumbai again

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End, responded to this review, 6 August 2014

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

It brings me immense pleasure to hear that you chose to stay with us during your recent visit to Mumbai and found the services and amenities to be up to your desired expectations.
It pleases me to hear that you found the overall ambience of the hotel positive and found the view from your room spectacular. Like you rightly mentioned, the monsoon does add to the charm of the picturesque views that the hotel offers!

We offer the largest entry size rooms in North Mumbai city with a total of 493 rooms and suites and I'm delighted to say that they ALL have a beautiful sea view. I’m so glad that you found these spacious and comfortable. I’m glad the associates were able to take care of your needs and requirements and serve you with warmth and courtesy. We offer a total of Six food and beverage venues in the hotel. Vista, our all day dining multi-cuisine restaurant that offers guests an experience of flavors from across the world.

New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

I have stayed in this hotel along with the delegates who have come from Zambia. The hotel is amazingly located right in front of the sea. The hotel is located in the posh area of Bandra where most of the film celebrities live nearby.You can have a nice morning walk along the beach just in front of the hotel. I asked for a room with a nice sea view and the staff was kind enough to give me a room with the best view of the sea. Don't get surprised if you see film stars in the hotel. Overall an amazing place.

Try the restaurant 'Ming Yang' in the hotel. It serves authentic Chinese food.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End, responded to this review, 8 August 2014

Indianapolis, Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

I have stayed at this hotel several times, but this is the last for me. If I had to choose a hotel based on the staff, I would stay here again and again. However, the condition of the rooms are poor if you are in an unrefurbished room. They are very musty and what is shocking is the TAJ will charge you the same (expensive) price for either type of room. There are other great places to stay in Mumbai and if you are given an unrefurbished room, I would either ask for a refurbished room or a refund. The location is great and as mentioned the staff is wonderful, but who would want to travel from the US to stay in a musty room in Mumbai?

Room Tip: If it is an unrefurbished room....leave
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank USA2world
Birgit Z, Front Office Manager at Taj Lands End, responded to this review, 4 August 2014

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

While we are delighted to read your positive comments about the staff hospitality, it is a matter of great regret that you felt the room and amenities were mediocre and not up to your expectations. I am so so sorry that you had to face an unpleasant situation and be disappointed in your expectations.

Do trust this as a one-time incident as I am sure this does not reflect the usually high standards of service and quality that we are known to offer. I am going to look into the concerns you’ve mentioned above, personally. May I please request your contact details so that we are able to speak with you regarding your concerns and address them in the appropriate manner. I would also like to assure you that on your next visit you will only receive the best of our services.

We appreciate your efforts in leaving behind a feedback for us and I really hope you give us a chance to serve you better in future. We look forward to welcoming you again to the

We assure you that on your next visit you will not face any unpleasant situation and will have a pleasurable stay with nothing but the best standards of service and amenities. If in the meantime there is anything I can do for you please feel free to let me know directly.

Warm Wishes,