“Excellent Taj Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Taj Lands End

Taj Lands End
Ranked #10 of 440 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
New Delhi, India
“Excellent Taj Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

Stayed in Taj Lands End several times. Spacious rooms with very good view of the sea from higher floors and they offer our office a pretty good price too. They have a Sony Home Theater system in the rooms on which you can enjoy FM radio or even play your own songs. The breakfast menu is amazing. The life guard/instructor at the swimming pool was quite helpful and gave me a few tips on my breaststroke, which proved useful. Last few times stayed at Renaissance and missed the Taj.

Room Tip: Choose higher floor rooms for good view of the sea...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End, responded to this review, 11 August 2014

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

We thank you for choosing to stay with us and also for sharing your detailed stay experience here on TripAdvisor.

It pleases us to learn that you were impressed with our service areas and facilities offered including the pool! Thank you for your kind acknowledgement of our associates. We are happy that they were able to take care of all your requirements with warmth and professionalism and your appreciation will definitely be conveyed to them.

The Taj Lands End, Mumbai is known for ‘taking an extra step’ and providing our guests with great experiences. We thank you for your valuable feedback and recommendation and hope to have the pleasure of serving you again at the Taj Lands Ends, Mumbai!

Birgit Zorniger

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (834)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Mumbai, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

The stay was extremely comfortable. Very centrally located, the rooms are extremely comfortable and the hospitality lives up to Taj standards. The choice of restaurants is fabulous and the Indian cuisine at the Masala Bay restaurant as usual is amazing. The next morning a lavish spread of breakfast was served. Have been staying at this Hotel every year since past 5 years and I see no reason to change!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

We thank you for your detailed and appreciative feedback and are glad that you had a pleasurable stay with us.

We are delighted to learn that you have consistently had a great time with us and are impressed with our products, property, service areas as well as the overall ambience of the hotel. Our associates are our biggest assets and we are glad that they could meet your desired expectations by way of their warm, hospitable and amicable behaviour. They are empowered to provide intuitive and personalized services to our patrons and we are happy to learn that they could take care of all your requirements with utmost courtesy and professionalism.

Taj Lands End, Mumbai offers a total of Six food and beverage venues, each offering a unique dining experience. Whatever cuisine may interest you we at Taj Lands End have something to offer. Our popular dining venues include Maritime By San Lorenzo, our Italian restaurant, Ming Yang, our Chinese cuisine dining venue and Vista, our multi-cuisine restaurant. Apart from the regular spread at the dining venues, we regularly host food & beverage festivals for our guests, offering them the authentic flavors of the world.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

It's worth asking to be on the refurbished club floors as the rooms have more modern facilities. As at other Taj properties, the staff are always helpful and anticipating needs. Very nice pool area which is good even in the monsoon season.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience. It’s wonderful to hear that you enjoyed the service and facilities. The team will have a big smile when they see your feedback! We really look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Kochi (Cochin), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

I stayed this hotel in one of my official visit to Mumbai. Excellent Hotel with a very good view of the sea. A neat room and the fresh smell as soon as we enter the room will make me stress-free and I found such a feeling as soon as I entered the room first. The staffs were very friendly and made me feel like home. There was a professional touch in everything they did. Had a very nice stay

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End, responded to this review, 13 August 2014

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor further to your experience at The Taj Lands End, Mumbai. It is our earnest endeavor to ensure that our guests enjoy a memorable experience and I am delighted to know that you had a wonderful stay with us.

Your compliments about the staff in particular, delight me and it gives me great pleasure to share it with the team. Your kind words of appreciation for our staff members will go a long way in motivating and encouraging them to do even better in future. Thanks ever so much for sharing your feedback. We greatly value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back to The Taj Lands End, Mumbai soon.

Pune, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

Great location. Awesome view from the rooms. Excellent breakfast spread. Very good restaurants. Very comfortable and quiet rooms. The gym, spa and the pool are excellent. I actually swam in an outdoor pool where the water temperature could be controlled for the first time. The staff are extremely courteous and friendly. Great relaxing experience after a hard days work.

Room Tip: Higher floors. View from either side is great, one is overlooking the sea, the other overlooking the...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Birgit Z, Guest Relations Manager at Taj Lands End, responded to this review, 9 August 2014

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

It pleases us to learn that you were impressed with our service areas and facilities offered including Health & fitness centre, Jiva Spa and Pool. Thank you for your kind acknowledgement of our associates. We are happy that they were able to take care of all your requirements with warmth and professionalism and your appreciation will definitely be conveyed to them.

We thank you for your valuable feedback and recommendation and hope to have the pleasure of serving you again at the Taj Lands Ends, Mumbai! If in the meantime there is anything I can do for you please feel free to let me know directly. My e-mail address for easy reference is birgit.zorniger@tajhotels.com.

Kuwait City, Kuwait, Middle East
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 days duribg the monsoons. The best thibg about this hotel is the staff and the next best thjbg is the view. I had a full sea facing room(overlooking bandstand), and oh my, the views in the morning after waking up were just astounding. Hotel facilities are so-so, nothjbg you wouldnt find at a standard 3-star hotel anywhere in the world. The location of the hotel is quite nice, close enough to Bandra restaurants and pubs but just far enough to make it sort of an escape from all the noise.
The breakfast buffet was average, ive had better at other hotels. I will remember this buffet though, for the most rubbery bacon i have ever had.
Overall, i think the next time i would rather stay at the taj palace in colaba (i prefer colaba over bandra anyway).

• Stayed July 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End, responded to this review, 7 August 2014

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

It brings me immense pleasure to hear that you chose to stay with us during your recent visit to Mumbai and found the staff and the hospitality to be up to your desired expectations.

It pleases me to hear that you found the overall ambience of the hotel positive and found the view from your room spectacular. We offer the largest entry size rooms in North Mumbai city and I’m glad that you found these spacious and comfortable. I’m glad the associates were able to take care of your needs and requirements and serve you with warmth and courtesy.

I am concerned about your feedback about the breakfast spread and in particular your comments about some of the items on offer. We will definitely look into it and assure you that your feedback will only help us achieve higher levels in our journey towards customer delight.

Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

This is another great hotel I have had the chance to stay at while in Mumbai and I shall never forget the style he friendliness and professionalism of the Staff. The hall smells like fresh flowers because it is filled with thousands of them and a limo will drive you if you need to go shopping. The Chinese restaurant is also enchanting and the food s very good. I am impressed ! Thank you so much !

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

We are delighted to learn that you had a great time with us and were impressed with our products, property, service areas as well as the overall ambience of the hotel. Our associates are our biggest assets and we are glad that they could meet your desired expectations by way of their warm, hospitable and amicable behaviour. They are empowered to provide intuitive and personalized services to our patrons and we are happy to learn that they could take care of all your requirements with utmost courtesy and professionalism.

Taj Lands End, Mumbai offers a total of Six food and beverage venues, each offering a unique dining experience. Whatever cuisine may interest you we at Taj Lands End have something to offer. Our popular dining venues include Maritime By San Lorenzo, our Italian restaurant, Masala Bay, our Indian cuisine dining venue and Vista, our multi-cuisine restaurant. Apart from the regular spread at the dining venues, we regularly host food & beverage festivals for our guests, offering them the authentic flavors of the world.

The team will have a big smile when they see your feedback! We really look forward to welcoming you back very soon! If in the meantime there is anything I can do for you please feel free to let me know directly. My e-mail address for easy reference is birgit.zorniger@tajhotels.com.