“Excellent Introduction to India”
Review of Taj Lands End

Taj Lands End
Ranked #13 of 447 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Orinda, California, United States
“Excellent Introduction to India”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

My family stayed at Taj Land's end this past July, our first stop on a 3 week trip in India. We were very comfortable. The breakfast was wonderful, the accommodations were excellent. OUr rooms were clean and well appointed. Everyone on the staff that we dealt with was very helpful. I will recommend this hotel to my friends, and will plan to stay here again!

Room Tip: Our room had a view of the India Ocean, some rooms look down to the south and can see the new bridge...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Virginia R
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End, responded to this review, 16 August 2014

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor further to your experience at The Taj Lands End, Mumbai. It is our earnest endeavor to ensure that our guests enjoy a memorable experience and I am delighted to know that you had a wonderful stay with us.

Your compliments about the staff in particular, delight me and it gives me great pleasure to share it with the team. Your kind words of appreciation for our staff members will go a long way in motivating and encouraging them to do even better in future. Thanks ever so much for sharing your feedback.

Birgit Zorniger

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (856)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Bangalow, Australia
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I had been mumbai for a training wherein i got a chance to stay in taj. It was a very pleasant stay. The hotel s situated in awesome surrounding. Had a nice visit. Hotel service s awesome. Food s very good.

• Stayed April 2014

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience. It’s wonderful to hear that you enjoyed the service and facilities. The team will have a big smile when they see your feedback! We really look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

I got to meet Siddhant Malhotra in the Gym then Aamir Khan And Imran Khan. In the restaurants I bumped in with Bipasha Basu, Arjun kapoor and Arjun Rampal. In some function I meet Alia Bhatt and Varun Dhawan , Karan Johar. But the stay in Taj was very good

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience. We really look forward to welcoming you back very soon! If in the meantime there is anything I can do for you please feel free to let me know directly. My e-mail address for easy reference is birgit.zorniger@tajhotels.com.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Vijay was superb at looking after us, the room was always clean and we found this towel elephant on the first day which the children adored!! If you zoom in on this photo you will see that it is made from the room towels!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End, responded to this review, 14 August 2014

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

It is our earnest endeavor to ensure that our guests enjoy a memorable experience and I am delighted to know that you and your family had a wonderful stay with us. Your compliments about the staff and Vijay delight me and it gives me great pleasure to share it with the team. Your kind words of appreciation for our staff members will go a long way in motivating and encouraging them to do even better in future.

Thanks ever so much for sharing your feedback. We greatly value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back to The Taj Lands End, Mumbai soon. If in the meantime there is anything I can do for you please feel free to let me know directly. My e-mail address for easy reference is birgit.zorniger@tajhotels.com.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Stayed in Taj Lands End several times. Spacious rooms with very good view of the sea from higher floors and they offer our office a pretty good price too. They have a Sony Home Theater system in the rooms on which you can enjoy FM radio or even play your own songs. The breakfast menu is amazing. The life guard/instructor at the swimming pool was quite helpful and gave me a few tips on my breaststroke, which proved useful. Last few times stayed at Renaissance and missed the Taj.

Room Tip: Choose higher floor rooms for good view of the sea...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End, responded to this review, 11 August 2014

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

We thank you for choosing to stay with us and also for sharing your detailed stay experience here on TripAdvisor.

It pleases us to learn that you were impressed with our service areas and facilities offered including the pool! Thank you for your kind acknowledgement of our associates. We are happy that they were able to take care of all your requirements with warmth and professionalism and your appreciation will definitely be conveyed to them.

The Taj Lands End, Mumbai is known for ‘taking an extra step’ and providing our guests with great experiences. We thank you for your valuable feedback and recommendation and hope to have the pleasure of serving you again at the Taj Lands Ends, Mumbai!

Mumbai, India
Reviewed 10 August 2014

The stay was extremely comfortable. Very centrally located, the rooms are extremely comfortable and the hospitality lives up to Taj standards. The choice of restaurants is fabulous and the Indian cuisine at the Masala Bay restaurant as usual is amazing. The next morning a lavish spread of breakfast was served. Have been staying at this Hotel every year since past 5 years and I see no reason to change!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

We thank you for your detailed and appreciative feedback and are glad that you had a pleasurable stay with us.

We are delighted to learn that you have consistently had a great time with us and are impressed with our products, property, service areas as well as the overall ambience of the hotel. Our associates are our biggest assets and we are glad that they could meet your desired expectations by way of their warm, hospitable and amicable behaviour. They are empowered to provide intuitive and personalized services to our patrons and we are happy to learn that they could take care of all your requirements with utmost courtesy and professionalism.

Taj Lands End, Mumbai offers a total of Six food and beverage venues, each offering a unique dining experience. Whatever cuisine may interest you we at Taj Lands End have something to offer. Our popular dining venues include Maritime By San Lorenzo, our Italian restaurant, Ming Yang, our Chinese cuisine dining venue and Vista, our multi-cuisine restaurant. Apart from the regular spread at the dining venues, we regularly host food & beverage festivals for our guests, offering them the authentic flavors of the world.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

It's worth asking to be on the refurbished club floors as the rooms have more modern facilities. As at other Taj properties, the staff are always helpful and anticipating needs. Very nice pool area which is good even in the monsoon season.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business