“Fantastic”
Review of Residency Hotel

Residency Hotel
Ranked #16 of 454 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Arnhem, The Netherlands
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 10 August 2013

This is a really good hotel in the 'centre' of Mumbai. Prince of Wales museum, Gateway of India, Stock Exchange, Railway Station, etc. are at walking distance from this hotel. The staff is really really nice and the restaurant serves delicious food. We had to leave at 3 am and the employee at the reception didn't only order a taxi for us but he also made sure we got some toast and coffee/tea at 2.30 AM. That's what I call: Good Service.
The rooms are a bit small but the bathroom is really modern, the shower was like the best shower I ever had in India!

I will definitely stay at this hotel next time I visit Mumbai.

1 Thank Ivo2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 6 August 2013

The staff at the hotel was very helpful, professional and friendly, they provided us with great service. The location is also great, with many restaurants and pubs near by. The major monuments are within walking distance.

The room as little small though and wifi was a little slow.

All in all, very good stay, we would definitely return there for our next trip.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sunil B
Mauritius
Reviewed 4 August 2013

plus points : Hotel situated in a nice place,staff are excellent and very helpful..ESpecially "RAJESH" who is very kind..breakfast is 0k (no complain)....minus points... when you b00k the hotel site says a resonable price..but when you reach there,you found that prices are beyond expectati0ns...really costly....r00ms are really t00 small ...s0me r00ms even sticks.....r00m keys are not accepted easily.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 1 August 2013

This hotel is conveniently located (walkable distance) near many historical and shopping sites like the Gateway/Elephanta ferry, Colaba Causeway, and The Prince of Wales Museum. Most other touristy places can be reached easily from the hotel by yellow top taxis for less than Rs 150. We found the taxis are very reliable and they use the meters and give back change promptly. No haggling involved! The room itself is a bit small but that is the standard with Mumbai hotels. Rooms are cleaned upon "Make-up" request, but they are clean as is! We stayed in the "Club Room" which provided 2 double beds (ideal for 4 people). We went to Mumbai during the rainy season which made the trip really stressful, but coming back to the hotel was always a good thing. Also the showers are American style (with the stall and shower head), and this was convenient. The breakfast is open from 7 to noon with all sorts of really good options like cereal, fruit juice, cookies, muffins, donuts, and 4 types of eggs made to order. They provide two coffee options- an espresso machine and regular coffee in a pot. The espresso coffee was done very nicely with a creamer decoration on top. Another thing when we went was that they provided traditional South Indian breakfast food the second day which was really good. Another good thing is that they have free wi-fi, but because of the rainy season it had spotty service during our stay.
The hotel concierge and staff are pretty helpful as well.
Good value hotel!

Room Tip: The rooms in the satellite building are quieter and they have a built in stereo system.
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We stayed here as a treat at the end of our 8 month vacation! a little pricey but the hotel is lovely, rooms are clean, service is amazing! we had dinner here several times and room service which was nice. free internet on the computers in the lobby but the wifi costs and it is a bit expensive. they looked after our bags on the last day and organized our taxi to the airport but its cheaper in person then on their website so wait until you are there before you book!! there is a nice seating area with a tv if you have time to waste after check out and also a free foot massage machine you can use for 15 mins per day. really excellent location - can walk to most tourist attractions including VT station and Taj Mahal Palace Hotel. Rooms are brill, really clean and comfy. tv, tea and coffee facilities, free newspaper, hairdryer, etc etc

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank louise p
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 22 July 2013

on my vacation I decided to take a rest and stayed in this hotel, friendly service plus the low price of this great holiday, I got a small room with a bathroom but cozy and friendly, good quality, is the internet, the food good and cheap, around there are some really interesting things to do I have to go back sometime

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Germany
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I booked this hotel for a three nights stay. But I cancelled my booking because of a very uncooperative behavior of the hotel. So frankly spoken I can't judge about the hotel in general because I decided not to stay there - but after exchanging some emails with the Manager of the hotel I can judge about their non customer oriented behaviors.

When travelling in India buying train tickets is a real challenge for foreigners, because tickets can not be bought easily online. Usually I contact the hotels I stay and ask them to buy tickets for me in advance. So far all hotels I stayed in India have been very helpful and cooperative in this matter.

Residency Hotel is just the opposite. I sent them an email asking to buy train tickets from Mumbai to Chennai (with the train station in Mumbai being very close to the hotel). But they refused to do me that favour. Lawrence Rodricks, the Manager of the hotel, gave me (in an almost not understandable english) the advice to buy the tickets online in Germany (which is not possible - of course I would by the tickets in Europe if possible!).

My conclusion: this is an unfriendly and not customer focussed hotel. I cancelled my booking and will stay in a more professional hotel. If they refuse to help their guests then it can't be a real good hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
ResidencyHotelFort, Manager at Residency Hotel, responded to this review, 28 July 2013
Greetings from Mumbai. Thank you for your feedback. Since our hotel does not provide railway ticketing services we advise our guests to book through officially authorized online portals for international travelers from Makemytrip, Yarta or Cleartrip.com which also helps to facilitate in modifications and cancellations of railway bookings.

Residency Hotel & its staff strives to provide our guests with the best hospitality and services. We hope to see you in the near future and wish you the very best.

Residency Hotel - Manager