Vivanta by Taj - President, Mumbai
US$228
US$155
US$32
2,537 results
All reviewskonkan cafecuffe paradethai pavilionwink barcuff paradesouth mumbaibusiness hotelcolaba causewaynariman pointsea viewroom servicein room diningpleasant staymarine driveexcellent hotelrooms are smallbusiness trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Stayed for 5 nights. The property is good but needs a refresh.

The good:
1) Excellent Konkan cuisine at Konkan Cafe.
2) Decent breakfast
3) Nice gym facilities

The bad:

1) In spite of booking request made for a king size bed and confirmation of the same over email, on checking in I was given a twin bed room for a night with promise to shift me to another room next day. The room looked worn out. The switches looked old and weary and I could see the hole in the wall due to plumbing near the toilet seat.

2) Next day evening I was shifted to another room, which was smaller than my first room and did not have a bath tub, unlike the first one. On asking at reception, I was told that only suites have bath tub (which would imply the single room with twin bed and 1 TV I had earlier was a suite????? Don't think so.)

3) Woke up next morning and found some plumbing issues with the new room. Shower painfully slow probably due to choke. Requested the reception to take care of it once I am back in evening. I come back and find an apology letter from the Manager. How sweet!! Find that the chemical they used for cleaning the shower still on the bathroom shelf. Didn't bother as too tired and go off to sleep.

4) Come back next morning to find the chemical still on the shelf. Probably housekeeping doesn't want to remove it. About to have dinner when I smell smoke. Probably someone smoking next door on a non smoking floor. Lot of noise from the room. Call the reception. They come in 15 min and ask the guy next door not to smoke or shift to a smoking floor.

5) Receive another apology letter for the smoking incident from the manager.

6) On the day of checkout, getting late and request reception to get my breakfast packed. She says she needs to check if it can be packed or not!!! Calls back after 5 mins and confirms it can be. I ask them to keep it ready as I would be down in next 5 min.

7) as a precaution, checking my bed for items I might accidently leave behind. Find a large piece of fingernail (probably thumb of the leg), which isn't mine. Is the housekeeping cutting fingernails on my bed while cleaning the room?? Makes me feel sick!

8) Hurry down to the reception and ask them to complete check out formalities. I request the guy at the reception to give me a feedback form. He says he is out of forms!! Suggests to wait for an email from the corporate team (which would surely mail me in next 24 hours) and give feedback directly to the corporate office. I tell him about the whole fingernail incident to which he just nods his head (wow!!) BTW. Haven't received any email from the corporate team yet.

9) Go to the restaurant to get my breakfast packet. They still have not packed it though it has been almost 20 minutes since I asked them to! The lady on the restaurant reception takes out a box and starts packing some bakery items and an apple and a banana. Ask her not to put lot of sugar based items. Would be great if can get a croissant instead. Comes back and says they are out of croissant!! Sigh! That's it! leave with all sugar breakfast which i dont even bother to eat later. Don't think that I would like to stay here later.

I guess the property is a training ground for new recruits. Though a young population adds to the liveliness of the place, the service seems to suffer. Gone are the days when hotels treated their guests like King. The only place where I found the service to be exceptionally good was the Konkan cafe, which has a healthy mix of young and seasoned waiters. Specially the waiter who served me, might be in his 40s but exceptionally good service. Didn't find a single person at hotel reception who could remotely come close to that level of professionalism. Majority of the staff here really needs to buckle up!

BTW, finding a fingernail on your bed which doesn't belong to you, doesn't really make your day.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Anshul_traveller
VBTPM, Director of Sales at Vivanta by Taj - President, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Greetings from Vivanta by Taj President Mumbai

Thank you very much for your most valuable feedback which we have truly noted and are working on immediate corrective action.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you and we want to ensure that the errors are not repeated ever again.

Our stance towards delivering quality is of prime and rest assured, we shall ensure all personal care for the future

Reviewed 19 April 2014

This hotel has a lot to offer - a night club, a thai restaurant, a great cafe etc. The staff is outstanding - as you would probably expect from a Taj property. Loved our stay here and definitely among my top 5 hotels

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Greetings from Vivanta by Taj President Mumbai

Thank you very much for your lovely feedback on your experiences with us and we appreciate your patronage very much.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Loved every minute of our stay at taj president! Can't wait to return. The breakfast! Wow! Our waiter Abishek was excellent! Our kids enjoyed their introduction to India thanks to Taj President! Thank you for wonderful memories.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Hotel Taj -President is a clean hotel I would say in South of Mumbai . Mumbai is the bustling town and known for its Bollywood and also Banking and Financial Sector . Mumbai being the financial Capital of India attracts Business across the world .
Mumbai is well connected by Air and Train ,
Hotel Taj President was a choice as there was a Conference organised and I was scheduled to visit there . This hotel is little inside and is not visible immediately , even when we booked a Cool Cab from Domestic Airport it cost us approx Rs 350 some 6 USD while returning cost us USD 12 approx. It takes around 1 hr plus in taxi owing to the traffic and distance from the Airport.

Hotel has clean room and good bathroom so you can have relaxed time . You can move around to the Mumbai Club areas as Colaba has lot of Discs and lot of young crowd with Tourist come and enjoy .

They gave a good breakfast , Indian and Continental both , and also served a typical Mumbai cutting tea ( Special Indian Masala Tea) which was very nice . But suggest to take only small as that can cause a little acidity incase you are not use to it

Hotel Taj has Thai resturant and can be tried once , even though I am a big fan of Thai food but this one is very good considering it in India.

The Hotel doesnt have a good view of the Sea , may be on top floors you can find that . But you see lot and lot of people around , but this is Mumbai so it needs to be .

Cost to us was approx USD 175 included breakfast so in all a good choice to be for visiting places like Gateway of India and nearby tourist places

Enjoy Mumbai

Room Tip: High Floors are better for peaceful sleep and good sea view
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Greetings from Vivanta by Taj President Mumbai

VIVANTA aims at creative a perfect balance of work and relaxation for our guests with our offerings ranging from business attributes, relaxation Spa, signature cuisine offerings and high energy bar in a secure environment.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Located in the heart of south mumbai, very peaceful and quiet and yet close to all the art and cultural sites, restaurants, galleries, shopping etc. Its a business hotel. Breakfast buffet was good though service was a bit slow. Nevertheless i would certainly go back.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple