“Pathetic place to have a get together”
Review of Vits Hotel

Vits Hotel
Ranked #48 of 447 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Hyderabad, India
“Pathetic place to have a get together”
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Just had a business get together at vits hotel. I have never seen such a hostile attitude in the service industry. Food was pathetic, service and attitude of the staff was not up to the mark which is expected out of such a hotel. Road side vendors have more service orientation than the staff of this hotel. We spent about 3 and 1/2 hour at that place and then we went to for dinner at different place as we couldn't eat what was served. Paneer was stale, Finger fish was seems to be of shark.

Overall the experience was very bad and unacceptable. I would not recommend this place for any use.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Hitesh81
VITSHotel, General Manager at Vits Hotel, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay at The Vits Hotel, Mumbai and for your valuable feedback. I regret the inconvenience caused to you during your stay.I would like to reassure you that every possible measure will be taken to ensure that the issues highlighted in your feedback are effectively addressed, we remain committed to providing our guests with world class hospitality and service which is best in class.

We hope to get another opportunity to meet your expectations. The entire team of The Vits Hotel, Mumbai looks forward to welcome you back and offering you a perfect stay.

Deputy General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I stayed here in January 2011

The hotel itself is nice and clean and the rooms are spacious and well furnished.
The food is good, as there is a choice of restaurants to go to.
It also has a good fitness centre and an indoor swimming pool. BUT READ ON!

However, I DID NOT SLEEP. It is the noisiest hotel I have ever been in. They clean rooms all through the night. That I can understand, because of its proximity to the airport. What I can't fathom is the noise the cleaners make. They talk loudly with each other at 3 am as if it is 3PM. They call each other on the corridor telephone in the small hours of the night. They wheel their trolleys through the corridor and bang into things etc.......

Conclusion: If you want to watch television all night, then this is a great hotel, but if you want too sleep (I guess this is what people usually like to do), steer clear of it - it will make you a nervous wreck!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank cincom_traveller

Travellers are raving about these Mumbai (Bombay) hotels

Reviewed 21 February 2012

I am a travel agent and stayed in several hotels in India. This hotel was the worst one. The front desk is verrryyy slow. It took ages to check in even there was only one another couple and me. The rooms are very old and there is nothing you need. You can't find Minibar,english channel, sun light... The service is very deathly slow. It took 4 hours to get an internet password. My room key didn't work and I have waited 22 minutes for them to bring a new one and after 3 calls and I have shouted they have sent it. If you are checking out call porters 1 hour in advance. I called on time and they have reached my room after half an hour and 3 phone calls... Every thing comes after 3 phone calls...
The hotel is not clean at all. All glasses and plates were dirty I had to wash them with bottle water everytime I used.
If you are paying that much money you deserve a better hotel.
The taxi rate of the hotel is 3 times more then meru cap. And taxi drivers are very pushy... They never give up of trying to cheat you.

• Stayed February 2012

Reviewed 17 February 2012

I had booked a room over the phone and they had given me the booking confirmation no as :42620 for the chin on 17th feb and chout on 20th Feb. I reached the hotel at about 8:30 pm for check in after a long day of being tired and the front office supervsor Mr Alok kept on saying 5 min, 10 min, half an anhour till 10:00 pm and his Manager Deepak said he is not aware and the rooms would be getting empty and they would give us the room shortly. Ultimately I called for a cab and picked my luggage and left the hotel at about 1100 pm. There were approx 10 more stranded rooms waiting in the lobby there. Never go and stay there even if they confirm the rooms.

• Stayed February 2012

Pune, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed 14 February 2012

I have stayed in this hotel once during my business trip.Right from receiving me from the airport untill i left the hotel nothing went right.I waited for almost 30 mins. at the airport because the driver was not available. When he came back i found he is drunk.After that we started for the hotel, it was around 11 in the evening and i don't know which way he took to reach the hotel but i guess it was the shortcut but for me it was horrible as it was full of shealing and other stuff. After reaching, again i had to wait to get the room when i already had a booking.Next morning i had breakfast which was included in the package - Most of the items were not fresh, i had "poha" which from nowhere tasted like a poha.
I was in hurry so i finshed it off and finally i called trolley to take my baggage to the ground floor.The guy who came up with the trolley asked me to take the lift and he will get the trolley from another lift/way. After that i was on the ground floor waiting and waiting for my baggage , i was bit scared as well becasue i shouldn't have left him alone with all my baggage.He came after some time and gave me some reason which i don't remember.I checked my bags and said all is well :) and took my office cab which was waiting outside.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank jainprateek9

Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 1 February 2012

the hotel is located close to intnl airport and close to upcoming metro line ,rooms are good and comfortable but aviod the dinner very expensive and overated .better eat outside nice restraunts close by .overall without food its a good place

Room Tip: stay pool facing
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank vishalsaneja
Dear Guest,

Thank you indeed for staying and sharing your experience with us and providing us with the detailed feedback.

We are glad that you had an extremely pleasing experience at our hotel. Your positive comments regarding our rooms, food, housekeeping, service & staff response is sincerely appreciated.

Your feedback on dinner is noted.

Once again, we thank you for your feedback and believe, it will not be too long from now that we again welcome you at our hotel.

Warm regards,

Kolkata
Reviewed 29 January 2012

I have stayed at this Hotel a no. of times of Business Trips.

Can't say much about the service. They need to have someone look at the Air-conditioning - The 2nd floor is too cold, 4th floor is too warm. Also they need to have some more basic channels on the TV. Also avoid their rental cars, it is exorbitantly high.

The airport pick up and drop is very convenient. The front desk is quite efficient. The Buffet breakfast and Dinners are quite decent - the ambience of the poolside buffet is very good for a 3 star hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for pool view rooms
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
VITSHotel, General Manager at Vits Hotel, responded to this review, 5 September 2013