“A stonethrow away from airport, with free complimentary transport”

Hyatt Regency Mumbai
Ranked #16 of 444 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
London
“A stonethrow away from airport, with free complimentary transport”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2012

Convenient as it is essentially an airport hotel. They offer free pick up and drop off service which comes handy and stress-free espeically for foreign traveller.

It is what you would expect for an international hotel chain, it didn't disappoint the Hyatt brand. Staff friendly and helpful. Room spacious and clean. The toilet is interesting. There is no physical barrier between the shower area and the sink and loo, if you are not careful you can cause a havoc of water splashing all around.

I had the luxury to enjoy a slow breakfast before my flight. It was a very very enjoyable breakfast with great selection of food, indian or international.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Hyatt_RegencyMumbai, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Mumbai, responded to this review, 14 November 2012

Greetings from Hyatt Regency Mumbai!

Thank you for taking the time to share with us the experience about your recent visit. We are happy to learn that you enjoyed the breakfast and that you found our staff friendly and helpful. Your feedback has been shared with the teams, looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Aseem Kapoor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
New Delhi
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2012

Its sister hotel, the Grand Hyatt, is much nicer. Just got back from a disappointing two night stay for business. The first night, my room overlooked the highway. Poor soundproofing meant no sleep - I heard the traffic as well as the conversations in the rooms next to mine, The room also smelled bad - like burnt synthetic fibres. When I complained, the housekeeping staff was kind enough to first spray the carpet, then remove it altogether. They also brought in a diffuser to help with the smell. That was kind of them. The second night, they proactively insisted on changing me to a quieter room. That was an improvement. But this hotel lacks charm. Lacks views. Lacks attention to detail (missing toiletries, brusque check in). Service was fine. Almost effusive. But, not a place I'd want to stay in again.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing the highway. Very loud!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
HRMumbai, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Mumbai, responded to this review, 1 October 2012

Greetings from Hyatt Regency Mumbai!

Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your recent visit to our hotel, feedback such as yours helps us to serve you better. We regret the inconvenience caused, it is unlike the high standards of service we endeavour to maintain. I have discussed your comments with the concerned departments to ensure convenient stay for all. We do hope you will allow us an opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2012

Very good hotel with excellent service about 5 minutes from Mumbai airport. From booking to check out, all the staff that I dealt with were extremely professional with a big smile and eager to help and serve.
Spacious room with all the amenities you would expect. I had the buffet dinner which offered a great selection of tasty food.
Even if this was my first time at this hotel, many staff knew my name and greeted me by saying my name which I thought was extremely professional and made you feel welcome. It was my birthday during my stay and they brought me a cake, biscuits and flowers in my room which was a lovely gesture.
I did not have time to use the pool but it looked very inviting.
An excellent hotel

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
HRMumbai, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Mumbai, responded to this review, 21 September 2012

Greetings from Hyatt Regency Mumbai!

Thank you for taking the time to share with us about the recent visit to our hotel. We endeavour to provide authentic hospitality and create memorable moments for all who stay with us. We are happy to learn that you found our hotel excellent. You motivational feedback has been shared with our teams and they are inspired to continue giving their very best daily.

We do hope to welcome you soon.

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2012

I stayed in this hotel for an SPE convention and it was very nice. The room is very spacious and clean. The gym was excellent with great steam and dry saunas. And the hotel is close to the airport so it is very convenient. I still prefer the Leela but this is a nice alternative.

Room Tip: Get a club lounge room. They are very spacious and quiet.
3 Thank Jbramlett
HRMumbai, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Mumbai, responded to this review, 17 September 2012

Greetings from Hyatt Regency Mumbai!

We appreciate you taking the time to share with us about your recent visit to our hotel, it helps us serve you better. We are happy to learn that you enjoyed our steam and sauna facilities and yes we are about 5 minutes away from the international airport during non-peak hours. It was a pleasure having you over, we do hope you will allow us an opportunity to welcome you back again.

Montreal
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2012

Stayed for two nights for work. The room was modern though I tend to prefer the classic look. A good size and comfortable, unfortunately and surprisingly the floor was a little dusty. The glass restaurant offers an excellent breakfast brunch, whereas the bar upstairs is downright terrible: the staff couldn't make a proper mixed drink and the draft beer, despite being a fresh keg, was flat. In general the staff is polite and always available. My one complaint in this area is that I arrived at 1:30 in the morning, exhausted from a long flight, and the person showing me to my room nonetheless pressed me about becoming a Hyatt club member when the only club I was thinking of joining was one made up in my dreams. The ride from the airport is close, and there is a hotel car service that was handy. Some colleagues did complain that they had to wait at the airport for the car to arrive, but my own transportation was luckily hassle-free.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank CasualDebris

Greetings from Hyatt Regency Mumbai!

We appreciate you taking the time to share with us the experience about your recent visit. We are happy to learn that your liked our buffet breakfast at Glasshouse. We were disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your time at The Bar, we have shared your feedback with those concerned and have scheduled the necessary trainings. With comments such as yours it helps us to serve you better. Also with regard to your check in please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused, it was not our intention. We do hope you will allow us an opportunity to welcome you back soon.

West Yorkshire, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2012

As always, great hotel, service, close to airports however be careful to ensure that you dio not stay 'road side'. RFoad side is very noisy and dark due the the massive elevated metro? that is being constructed approx 25 yards in front of the hotel. get a pool facing or side room

Room Tip: AWAY from the road. Yes I am shouting this advice
3 Thank ________________

Greetings from Hyatt Regency Mumbai!

Thank you for taking the time to share with us about the experience you had on your recent visit to our hotel. We are happy to learn that you found our hotel and service great.

We look forward to welcoming you soon.

Austin TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2012

I stayed at the Hyatt for a night while travelling through work.

It is very well maintained. Maybe the furniture in the rooms is a little dated and needs upgrade. The Bathrooms are swanky and very modern. the service was very good. The attention to detail was nice. My stay was comfortable. The Breakfast buffet was really good. Lots of choices and good food.

Overall very nice experience. I will definitely recommend Hyatt.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank GotSumS
HRMumbai, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Mumbai, responded to this review, 31 August 2012

Greetings from Hyatt Regency Mumbai!

Thank you for taking the time to share the feedback about your recent visit to our hotel, we truly appreciate it. We are happy to learn that you had a comfortable as it is our constant endeavour to create memorable experiences for all who visit us. The buffet breakfast is a must try as it offers different specialities that cater to all preferences. Also we have recently introduced an online reservations system for our restaurants so it is convenient to plan one's itinerary in advance.

We do hope you will allow us the opportunity to welcoming you back soon.