“Great hotel, close to the airport”

Hyatt Regency Mumbai
Ranked #16 of 453 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

Great rooms, superb bathrooms, excellent service, perfect business hotel
Great vodka tonics at the bar, but don't expect too much crowd. Quick and efficient hyatt club enrolment if you are not member yet.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Hyatt_RegencyMumbai, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Greetings from Hyatt Regency Mumbai!

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel it always helps us serve you better. We are glad to learn that you were impressed with our services. Thank you for your recommendation and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

The Hyatt Regency is a veritable oasis amid the noise and chaos of the construction work going on outside – part of the Mumbai metro project that will see a rail connection to the International Airport. The Hyatt Regency is just a few hundred yards away from the airport, so is very convenient either if you’ve arrived late in town and just want to get to a room ASAP, or, if you’re on your way out and you want to make sure your journey to the airport doesn’t get thwarted by one of Mumbai’s famous traffic jams.

The hotel is on the grand South and South East Asia scale – lots of cool polished stone, plenty of light and masses of space. Consequently, lots of echo too, so clattering plates and cutlery from the lobby restaurant are amplified considerably.

The lobby/main reception area is one of the places that both delights and annoys. It delights because the staff – as in most Asian hotels – are fantastic. Always smiling; always helpful. I remember when this sort of service existed consistently in the United States. It doesn’t now. However, the lobby layout is really annoying. Any signage that exists is only visible when you get right up beside it, and some doesn’t exist at all.

The lobby restaurant has a name. But the only reason I know that is because I saw it in the room directory. Down in the lobby, there is no name, no directions to a podium. It’s large, it’s confusing and unfriendly (the atmosphere, that is – not the staff). Equally inexplicable is something that I know is called “The Bakery”. Once again, I know that because I read it in the hotel directory. But down in the lobby, no signage, no clue as to what it is meant to be, or how you are meant to use it. Which is a shame, because the cakes and savory pies available are very high quality. A well-designed name sign would make it a really nice lobby feature, rather part of a jigsaw puzzle.
This sort of fault, of course, is rarely understood by the people who work there – including management – because of course everything is second nature to them; they live and work there; they know the form; they know what the product is meant to be.

The other thing that annoys is the now slightly cliché use of “New Age/Ambient/Chill” background music … some of which is so repetitive that it comes too far OUT of the background. After 30 minutes of it in the Bakery (coffee shop) I decided I’d had enough of the audio torture and fled back to the peace of my room. Those who program this sort of music need to understand that if the melody revolves around two notes, those notes repeated over and over and over get on your nerves! Arrrgghhh!

As for the rest of the hotel: Beds, extremely comfortable; rooms well designed, clean, spacious. My only complaint would be that the duvets are quite thin - don't feel particularly luxurious and may not provide enough warmth during the night.

The bathrooms have really neat bath-tub/shower rooms that you step down into; the wash basin in my room had the appearance of glass; the sides of the basin and the basin itself were all one continuous piece of clear material. Very stylish.

Room service took around 30 minutes on the two occasions I used it … on the second occasion, when the time got close to 30 minutes I received a call of apology and the assurance that the tray would be with me within 5 minutes – which it was. That call was a professional touch that is usually missing in many hotels. The room service food, by the way, was beautifully prepared – my choice of Indian breakfast was a real treat.

So overall, I recommend this hotel – the good far outweighs the annoying.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank CastawayKnight

Greetings from Hyatt Regency Mumbai!

Thank you for your detailed review regarding your stay at our hotel it truly helps us serve you better. I am glad to know that you had a relaxed time at our hotel and it is heartening to know that you loved our rooms & bathrooms. We have made a note of your feedback and will ensure the same is looked into and addressed by the respective departments. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

It was my first Hyatt Stay and I would say worth. The hotel is good, clean and convenient. I agree with previous comments on the comfort of the beds. The rooms are nicely done and large in size. Personalized check-in is something great however somewhere I felt a bit of arrogance in the behaviour of the staff. I have stayed at lot of Novotels & Marriots earlier and have always found them truly receptive and ever helping where as with Hyatt Regency Mumbai - I found them bit arrogant and shrude in reply. I wish this would be limited to this hotel and not with other Hyatt's as I am scheduled to stay at their other property soon. Overall, the facilities and room allows you to forget the uncompassionate behaviour of staff!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Hyatt_RegencyMumbai, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Greetings from Hyatt Regency Mumbai!

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel it truly helps us serve you better. I’m delighted to know that you enjoyed our hotel rooms and services, however I have noted your feedback regarding the behavior of our staff and request you to consider this as an aberration not reflective of the otherwise high standards of service we endeavor to maintain. I regret the inconvenience caused and ensure that corrective measures will be taken.

We hope you give us an opportunity to serve you once again and wow you with our true Hyatt hospitality.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

I usually use this hotel when in Mumbai. it is convenient for the international airport and also near to the office location I visit. The hotel is always clean and tidy. I always sleep wel in this hotel - the beds are very comfortable.
Good restaurant and bar. Staff very friendly and professional
I always use the hotel's own taxi service - which (again) is professional and easy to use.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Greetings from Hyatt Regency Mumbai!

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your stay with us at Hyatt Regency Mumbai. We are glad to learn that you were impressed with our rooms, food and beverage options, location and other services offered at our hotel. Your words of motivation have been shared with my entire team.

We value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you shortly.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

Excellent hotel near airport. Well represents Hyatt brand.
I landed in Mumbai at 11:30, was picked up by the hotel shuttle at 12:30 am, and by 1:15 am was sound asleep in the room. From the get go, was impressed by the efficiency of the hotel staff.
The hotel is an oasis of calm, COOL (very important as I traveled during the monsoon season) and professionalism in a sea of chaotic and terrifying traffic, and HEAT/HUMIDITY of the city.

Food was excellent (breakfast and dinner). Good selection of western and traditional (although, I suspect westernized) cuisine.

Room Tip: Use hotel shuttle service to/from airport.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Greetings from Hyatt Regency Mumbai!

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel it truly helps us serve you better. We are happy to know that you liked the service extended by our friendly staff and food at our restaurants. We once again thank you for your feedback and sincerely look forward to your next stay with us at Hyatt Regency Mumbai

Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

Arriving in Mumbai in midnight, I chose to stay in this hotel before heading to downtown the next day. Great location close to the airport. Nice and clean washroom. Wifi, breakfast and lounge facilities are great despite pay for upgrade needed. Bfast buffet offering indian, western and jap is the best ever experienced in the city during my stay. The hotel overall gave me a good start to the trip.

Greetings from Hyatt Regency Mumbai!

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel it truly helps us serve you better. We are pleased to know that you appreciate the hotels proximity to the airport, our rooms, washrooms and other services which are all designed keeping in mind our guest’s convenience. It also gives us immense pleasure in knowing that you enjoyed our F&B options especially our breakfast buffet which has been carefully created by our expert chefs keeping in mind the different tastes and preferences of our discerning guests.

We look forward to welcoming you again to Hyatt Regency Mumbai.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

If you are planning on taking an early morning flight out of Mumbai or have an early onward connection, DO NOT MAKE THE MISTAKE OF TAKING A HOTEL IN THE CITY because the traffic is horrendous. This hotel is closer to Mumbai International airport than to the domestic airport. If you allow yourself half an hour of travel time to go to either airport, than you are very safe. The hotel itself is a good business hotel, with above average F&B, albeit a little expensive. The rooms were above average, although the bathroom was too modern for my liking. Book the hotel transport to get to the airport, because sometimes the queue to get a cab may take longer than the journey to the airport.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank BILLYazid
Hyatt_RegencyMumbai, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Greetings from Hyatt Regency Mumbai!

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel it truly helps us serve you better. We are really happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and liked the close proximity of our hotel from the airports, quality of our accommodation, our F&B options and transport facility. We thank you for your appreciation and your positive feedback and look forward to welcoming you back at Hyatt Regency Mumbai.