“Five star hotel with three star ratings”

The Orchid Mumbai Vile Parle
Ranked #43 of 489 Hotels in Mumbai
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Let me start with the positives. Great location right next to the airport. Literally walkable. Excellent buffet and food quality. We visit this place often for the midnight buffet. Rooftop swimming pool is a good experience.

Rooms are dated. Carpets are old and have a musty smell in the room. TV is still CRT placed in a huge cabinet with a slider. This was the biggest turnoff for us. There is no activity place or anything you can call a campus.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank yogiflyguy
Gupta_Rajesh, General Manager at The Orchid Mumbai Vile Parle, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Dear Sir,

I can clearly make out from your review that you genuinely wish good for us and want us to work on the points that you have highlighted so that we notch the 2 extra stars and do justice to our 5 star status.

I gather that you have liked the location, the food ( particularly the midnight buffet ) and the rooftop swimming pool. We are in the process of phasing out the TV's as well as the carpets as the latest trends demand the same. We appreciate you highlighting the aforementioned points and assure you that on your next visit you shall find both these points to your liking.

Looking forward to meet you on your next visit...

General Manager.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,951)

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Since we would have only a short stay in Mumbai the Orchid hotel was our best choice price wise because we did not want to spend a lot of money with a hotel for the length of our stay.
At first we got a room with carpet which made my husband's allergies to aggravate. The next morning we talked to the manager and he promptly accommodated us in a wooden floor room, which was an upgrade from our original room with no cost. The other thing was that when we made the reservations it was stated that we would have free wi fi but when we got there they said that the policies had just changed for paid wi fi. The manager also took care of the issue giving us free wi fi.
The hotel has nice facilities, spa and different restaurant choices which we particularly liked the one located on the 7th floor.
We used the spa facilities, had massages and shopped at their little store. The Massages were very cheap compared to the US. We also had a little city tour organized by them.

If you are looking for a place that has a reasonable price (for Mumbai), close to the airport with good food, ambiance and great service the Orchid hotel is a good choice.

Room Tip: Ask for Wooden floor rooms. The carpet ones smells.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Robea2003

Dear Ma'am,

A really encouraging review with such high ratings, coming from a guest who has traveled almost 22% of the world, really makes us feel proud as a team !!!

I have perused through your entire review and have noted that you have applauded the service provided by our team, In particular, when you had some concerns pertaining to the carpeted rooms and the wi-fi access, our Manager has really handled the situation professionally and ensured that we have got a brand ambassador for a lifetime !!!

The spa comes highly recommended for its range of massages and the genial nature of the masseurs / masseuses. I am glad that you liked the same and found it good value for money along with the food spread and the hotel itself.

Looking forward to meet you on your next visit to Mumbai...

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

I opted this only for the convenience of its closeness to airport. Check in was breeze and the lobby was nice. The rooms were cozy, comfortable and the bathroom was neat but felt my little daughter could hurt herself by playing around the glass top teapoy that wasn't properly secured to the stand.

Food is tasty and the staff friendly and well attired. My wife said the spa was good. Didn't use the pool due to constant rain. What I liked most was the Merlin bar at the lobby level, a premium cozy setup with a laid back touch to it. Though I was the only guest left for the day, the live karaoke singer sang just for me and my requests. Thanks girl. That's something to remember.

Few irritants, today morning I called the Travel Desk to assist me in booking a flight to Goa, but never got a promised callback, when I went to his table for assistance I was quoted an exorbitant price of Rs.6800 for the flight. He was taken back when I told him the same flight cost me Rs. 5162. I did book the ticket from my cell and the Duty Manager Mr. Abhi, went out of his way to help me to print the ticket. Thanks.

Check out was wonderful and the complementary airport transfers is really great.

I will recommend this hotel for its proximity to the airport and the friendly staff.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Gupta_Rajesh, General Manager at The Orchid Mumbai Vile Parle, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear SIr,

If there ever has been a detailed review touching almost all aspects of the Hotel services that a guest would normally experience, then it would have to be the one you have penned, specially for us !!!

I am very pleased to note that though you had initially selected us only for the convenience due to the close proximity to the airport, we slowly but surely endeared ourselves to you with the other aspects of our services. I gathered that the airport transfers, the room, the food and the Merlins bar is what you have singled out for appreciation while your wife found the spa services to her liking.

The Travel desk, though outsourced, is our responsibility and I apologize for the inconvenience you have been through. Abhijeet has been one of our stalwarts and I am glad that he handled the situation in a professional manner which you have duly appreciated in your review. Its the friendliness of the team members which eventually makes the telling difference in the experience of well traveled patrons like you.

Looking forward to meet you in person on your next visit...

Reviewed 13 July 2014

The service is excellent in this hotel..very quick and prompt. They made me feel at home and made my stay extremely comfortable. The rooms are clean and tidy and the ambience is also very nice. I would surely return back to stay at this place again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Gupta_Rajesh, General Manager at The Orchid Mumbai Vile Parle, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Ma'am,

Getting a 5 star rating for the excellent review that you have posted about us is like the proverbial cherry on the pie !!! We could not have asked for more...

In today's fast paced life, everyone expects quick and prompt service and I am glad that my team has delivered on this aspect. I have also noted that you liked the ambiance and found the rooms clean and tidy. However I am very, very sure that its the homely feeling that you experienced which will ensure that you will keep visiting us again and again...

Looking forward to meet you in person on your next visit...

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Hi there

I would like to extend my sincere thanks for the hospitality shown to me while I was there, I was impressed with the services in the restaurant, type of food served , cleanness of the rooms but one little thing was not good in the room service attendand were not prompt when called as they took allot of time to come or did not turn up at all I think this is the area you can improve

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Gupta_Rajesh, General Manager at The Orchid Mumbai Vile Parle, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Dear Selestine,

Thank you for such a superlative rating for the hospitality services we as a team proffered during your stay with us... It really means a lot !!

I am glad that you liked the multitude of cuisines that we offer and also appreciated the service that has to go hand-in-glove with the sumptuous food. I have also conveyed your regards to the Housekeeping team for their efforts in keeping the rooms clean and presentable which you have duly noted and appreciated. I gather that the room service could have been much better and have it taken it up with the entire team. I am sure you will notice a positive change on your next visit.

Looking forward to meet you in person...

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Started with a very slow front desk, which was under staffed. Took more than 30 minutes to check in. Rooms were good and liked the ambience of the hotel too. Resturant food was great. The breakfast was very good. However, the airconditioning in the rooms and the resturants were poor and had lot of discomfort trying to sleep. Service in the restuarant could have been better and looked like staff were bit casual. Being very near to airport has too many guests. Other than this advantage. I am not sure that I will try this place again. Unless I do not get other hotels.

Room Tip: Check the Airconditioning before you choose narrow down on the room you would want.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Gupta_Rajesh, General Manager at The Orchid Mumbai Vile Parle, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Guest,

You have been very generous in your review and have rated us good... though there have been some genuine areas of improvement which you have highlighted.

I am glad to note that the location, rooms, ambiance and the breakfast spread was to your liking. The ambient temperature does have a bearing on the air-conditioning in the restaurant. However, I shall ensure that a complete over-hauling of the ac units are done to avoid such inconveniences in the restaurant as well as the rooms. Also, the teams at the Reception and the restaurant have been briefed to be more efficient and guest-sensitive going ahead.

I would request you to not consider your stay experience as a fair reflection of the usually high standards of service that we maintain. Its my personal request that you provide us another chance to prove that we are capable of delivering genuine quality service.

Looking forward to meet you on your visit...

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Stayed here from 29 June - 01 July 2014. Very near to domestic airport and they provide complimentary airport transfers. Hotel, rooms are clean & nice. Staff in Coffee Shop, restaurants need to be bit more attentive to guests. No Wifi was provided in my package, which I think the hotel should consider for business travellers.

Overall was nice, good experience and will surely go back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Its very heartening to know that your stay was indeed enjoyable.. and makes you want to come back to stay with us soon. It would be our pleasure to provide you quality service as per your expectations...

The location coupled with the airport transfers... and the well appointed rooms have always ensured that guests turn into regular patrons. I am glad you felt likewise. The team in the restaurants and the coffee shop have been briefed about your feedback and I am sure that you shall notice a positive change on your next visit.

Also, we do have multiple choice of packages on our website as well as multiple online travel agent portals with options of room with/without internet facilities. In fact you could directly call up at the Hotel reservations and I am sure we would be glad to accommodate your internet request as well at a very good rate....

Looking forward to meet you...