“Great experience, a few minor improvements” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sun-n-Sand Hotel, Mumbai

Sun-n-Sand Hotel, Mumbai
Ranked #70 of 440 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
London, United Kingdom
“Great experience, a few minor improvements”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2013

A friend and I were coming to India for the first time in 10 years and 7 years respectively and wanted to make the most of our experience. We were highly recommended Sun-n-Sands and so booked up here, given that it was located right on Juhu.
All in all, the hotel was superb - from room service, housekeeping, friendly staff, happy hour and the giant evening doorman, it was well worth the experience. There's always rickshaws and taxis available from just outside the hotel, and the staff are easy to communicate with (unlike other hotels I visited in India).
I only ever had breakfast at the hotel, mainly because I didn't want to restrict myself to just hotel food whilst there are thousands of options available across Mumbai. Breakfast was busy and waiters were always around to refill your cup of chai.
Every evening hosted a wedding or function at the hotel and it was so much fun to watch these most evenings as the celebrations are so colourful. They aren't noisy and won't disturb, but it adds to the evening aura.
I must also recommend the cocktail bar - the menu is diverse and there are some delightful options to choose from. Well worth checking out!

Room Tip: Room 417 - best view by far!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SunnSandHotelGroup, General Manager at Sun-n-Sand Hotel, Mumbai, responded to this review, 26 February 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sun-n-Sand hotel Juhu, Mumbai and taking time out to share your detailed feedback with us!

The Beachcomber Cocktail Lounge has recently won the Times Nightlife Newcomer Award 2013.

I've shared your review with my team and serves as a motivation to all. My team and I would love to welcome you again on your next visit to Mumbai.

Sun-n-Sand Hotel, Mumbai

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Milan, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2013

The Buffet offered is of great quality, big variety, fish vegetables and indian bread.
Location offers a nice view on the sand beach.
The structure itself is a little old, rooms need some refurnishing.
Staff is friendly.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
SunnSandHotelGroup, General Manager at Sun-n-Sand Hotel, Mumbai, responded to this review, 18 February 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us!

We have recently renovated the Coffee Shop, the Beachcomber Cocktail Louge and some of our premium Suites. Most of the rooms on the first and fourth floor have been partially renovated.

My team and I would love to welcome you again on your next visit.

USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2013

I have a mixed review for this hotel. There are good things and bad things. I was traveling alone through India and was looking for a nice luxury hotel, on the beach, at a good price. The room I had booked was with a king size bed and ocean view, however upon my arrival that wasn't the case. The bed was a queen at best and overlooked the parking lot. I didn't complain because I had been traveling so much I was just happy to unwind for a bit. The hotel needs some updating. The front desk is more of a table and chairs. There was one woman inparticular who works the front desk and she is so rude. I wanted to ask her that since she seems to hate her job so much, why doesn't she just quit? The food here however is amazing. Probably some of the best food I had while in India to be honest. The housekeeping were great and they always stocked the cookies in the cookie jar that is complimentary in your room. The pool area is ok. It's right on the beach which I loved. However you really had to hunt someone down just to get a drink or food service at the pool. Everything is extremely overpriced for the conditions that this hotel is in. The staff at the pool area were very nice and attentive once you caught their attention tho. The only way I would stay here again is if they did a sort of renevation and update to the hotel or if they lowered the prices of rooms and food/drink costs. And also if they got rid of that grouchy woman at the front.

Jennifer

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2013

I stayed at Sun-n-Sand Hotel in Mumbai for 1 night and it was a nice experience. This hotel is good for the people who travel for business purposes. The rooms are nice and spacy. The staff is also good and service is also good. The food is also good and I like the view. Overall, I really enjoyed a lot there.

Room Tip: Rooms are nice and spacy.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
SunnSandHotelGroup, General Manager at Sun-n-Sand Hotel, Mumbai, responded to this review, 15 February 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sun-n-Sand Hotel, Mumbai and taking time out to share your experience with us through Tripadvisor.

We would love to see you again on your next visit to Mumbai!

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. It was an amazing experience. For frequent travellers I recommend this hotel. we generally stay in hotels which are build for business purposes. However, as a frequent traveller I will prefer to stay at this hotel as its a home feel hotel. Service is fantastic and the hotel staff treat you like people and not room numbers. Ocean View Room is fantastic.

Room Tip: Take the Ocean View Room. It was fantastic, specially when you have to sit in the room and work.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SunnSandHotelGroup, General Manager at Sun-n-Sand Hotel, Mumbai, responded to this review, 12 February 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time out to share your experience and recommend our hotel on Tripadvisor.

I've shared your feedback with my team and it serves as a motivation to all to attain guest satisfaction. My team and I would love to welcome you again at Sun-n-Sand Hotel, Mumbai on your next visit.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2013

January 2013. Having arrived 2 days early from Kerala, our Hotel next door Novotel, was booked up who kindly adviced us to try next door for the 2 days, The sun n sand- what a bad mistake this was!
Our room stank! Our pillows stank so it was horrible going to sleep. It's a dated hotel. I'm sure it was good in the 60's but not now. This whole building has one lift so in the end we just resorted to using the stairs. The service at their main restaurant was atrocious! I'm never one to complain at restaurants as I think they're preparing my food but this place was so terrible I had to speak to the manager. The service is slow, a few of the waiters were gathered together in a group chatting away, one waiter had his eye in the tv screen. The 2 days we stayed our food always arrived approximately an hour late! But I did notice it wasn't just with us, another couple who were local also took the liberty to complain for the delay too. The service was terrible, food was ok but costly. We spoke to a few locals who said its good for weddings but extremely bad for hotel stay. One local business gentleman said he would never stay here. Here's the best bit: we had to pay for wi-fi!!!! We had to pay for a service that is free anywhere else in the world but here! We spoke to receptionist and she informed us we had to pay daily for the usage! I, for the love of God, could just not understand this! It's a free service! It's like paying them for breathing the air on their premises!
If this place is to remain open for the future they seriously need to pull their socks up. I would never come back to this dump even if they offered a free life time pass.
Do not stay here if you're expecting a good service or clean rooms. We were more than happy once our 2 days were up and we moved into a more luxurious hotel next door where we got brilliant service and FREE WI-FI!!!!!

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank TheFineDinery
Dharamsala, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2013

I am regular visitor to hotel due to business travels. During recent visit on 3/2/2013 got very poor experience with hotel. My room reservation in hotel was made well in advance on 21/12/2012 for date 3/02/2013, but when I reached hotel reservation desk told me that there is no vacant room in hotel. And shifted me to a Apartment named "Sheetal" which is very much poorly managed. Even room services were not given to me in that apartment and for every thing I was told to come back to hotel. I have question that :
1.) If rooms in hotel were not available on that particular date, then why did they confirmed my booking?

2.) If they alloted that pre-booked room to someone else then why didn't they informed in advance that room is not available on date.

3.) If hotel authorities own that apartment and made me stay there instead of room in hotel, then why they didn't provided all housekeeping & room facilities in that apartment, when charges are same for both??

In all it was very poor experience to stay with hotel Sun n Sand. :(