“Located on the beach - nothing much to say otherwise”

Sun-n-Sand Hotel, Mumbai
Ranked #70 of 453 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Reviewed 13 October 2013

In Mumbai, the season seems to have set in. Early this week when I was unable to finish my work in Mumbai and forced to stay for the night, no good hotels were available. Most reporting fully booked status and some reporting availability of very top end rooms. I had to settle for Sun-n-Sand. A bit of nostalgic experience as I had come to stay here after a big gap of 30 years. View from the restaurant or outside spaces is very good. Rooms look cluttered with too much of furniture, though kept nice and clean. Room service was too slow. Food in the buffet restaurant was very average and service moderate. A good consolation though came in the hospitality, a cool temperament.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
SunnSandHotelGroup, General Manager at Sun-n-Sand Hotel, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time out to share your experience with us through Tripadvisor!

I've noted your comments in regards to the service levels at the Coffee Shop and room service. I have taken it up with the concerned team members and have it on my priority.

I assure you of enhanced service standards during your next visit to Sun-n-Sand, Mumbai and I look forward to welcoming you.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Have stayed at this hotel before and was only there for two nights during my last visit. Rooms are ok and yes ocean facing room is much better. Previously stayed on the top level executive suite which is very large. Attended a private dinner in one of the smaller conference type rooms, catering was superb. Menu in the restaurant could do with a bit more variety especially with local food. Food however is good

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
SunnSandHotelGroup, General Manager at Sun-n-Sand Hotel, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for patronizing Sun-n-Sand, Juhu, Mumbai!

I've noted your comment regarding adding local food in the menu at the restaurant. Your feedback helps us enhance our services.

We look forward to welcome you again on your next visit to Mumbai!

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Stayed here last week for 4 nights. Lovely staff and very friendly. 24 hour money changing service.I had a room at the back on the third floor...very quiet. (yes, you can actually request smoking rooms!) Work is going on at the front (pool changing rooms) and beware if you get a room at the front, great view but they often have functions at the front so there may be noise when they clear away afterwards. The location is lovely with lovely views from what looked a very clean pool..but as i was working i did not have time to have a dip. The spa/beauty place is also being worked on but they will take you to an alternative venue. We ate in both restaurants. The food was really good with lots of choice in the buffet and the North Indian food in the resturant was also good. Beware, the portions on the main courses there are big so if eating in a group share! The business suite is small but there is a fairly good internet service in rooms for 250 rupees a day. Juhu is a safe area and the hotel is well known in Mumbai for being a good one. If I went to Juhu again I would go back. It is off a main road and secure.I disagree with some of the reviews. My colleagues and I found the rooms clean, beds comfortable and all our rooms were well serviced. The air con is a little ancient perhaps but it worked fine. My bathroom was large (only a superior room) with a good shower. Not too far from the airport. I thought all the staff were very helpful.

Room Tip: Rooms at back are quieter. At the moment ask where the works are and avoid!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

We are happy to note that you've had a pleasant stay at the Hotel and would return again during your future visits to Mumbai. Thank you for taking your time out to share such a detailed review about your experience during your stay. I've shared the feedback with my team and it serves as a motivation to all.

We look forward to welcome you again on your next trip to Mumbai!

Reviewed 30 September 2013

A neat and clean place to stay. Hotel close to the domestic and international airport. A great ambiance and the sea facing rooms are awesome. Service is good and rooms are clean. They have a complimentary airport pick up and also have some complimentary drinks at the bar which make it more interesting!

Room Tip: ask for the sea facing rooms! you will enjoy the view!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
SunnSandHotelGroup, General Manager at Sun-n-Sand Hotel, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sun-n-Sand Hotel, Mumbai and taking time out to share your experience with us through Tripadvisor!

It is quite helpful on your part to recommend Sea Facing rooms as Room Tip to fellow Tripadvisor users.

We would love to see you again on your next trip to Mumbai!

Reviewed 25 September 2013

An absolutely tired hotel ......stayed there for nine days with my wife....will certainly never stay there again on account of the poor housekeeping. Had a wooden floor and hence shocked at the amount of dust and webs we found under our bed. Though they did apologies and clean it up but yet does one deserve this after paying so much. The breakfast did have a great spread and probably the only saving grace of this hotel. The HOUSEKEEPING staff is probably the worst we have ever experienced....they just ruin your stay. Try elsewhere the facility is NOT WORTH IT.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time out to share your feedback with us through Tripadvisor.

Sun-n-Sand Mumbai turned 50 last year in November, a feat, that very few hotels in India can boast about. We have been refurbishing our rooms on a regular basis. A large number of our room guests are our repeat customers. The hotel’s recent renovations include a new lounge bar, Beachcomber along with a brand new Presidential Suite. We are also opening a Chinese restaurant (which shall replace the Sunset Room) which shall open shortly.

With regards to your complaint, I would like to apologize for the same. I have personally taken this issue up with the concerned staff on priority basis and corrective action has been put in place.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

The rooms are very small and staffs are very bad in the form of co operation i ll suggest my friends don t ever stay in this hotel.we ve stayed for one day without viewing any review and the review posted in tripadvisor is 100% correct.

• Stayed: September 2013
4  Thank Ranjan123ku
SunnSandHotelGroup, General Manager at Sun-n-Sand Hotel, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

It is our endeavour that all our guests have a great experience when they stay at our Hotel. I am sorry to know that you were not satisfied with service offered at the hotel. I assure you that this is an exception to our usual service standards and I look forward to welcoming you during your next visit.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

I am a frequent Mumbai vistor on Business trip & love to stay at Sun-n-Sand Hotel, Juhu Beach Mumbai always. Hospitality starts with complementray Airport pick up in a nice vehicle. Warm welcome on check in, then escorting to your room.
Rooms are nice, clean & reecently furberished as hotel is an old property. Evenings are great with complementry Happy Hours 7.30 PM to 8.30 PM with variety of drinks & snacks.
I enjoy the most is the morning walk at Juhu Beach as lot of fitness concious people are there having long walks. Then of course fresh Coconut water at beach.
Swimimg Pool, GYM are excellent.
Best part is complementary airport drop with a smile. What sort of trip was this?

Room Tip: Rooms on Sea side i.e. 214, 215, 216 & 314, 315 & 316 are really having excellent sea view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for patronizing Sun-n-Sand Hotel, Juhu, Mumbai and taking your time out to share such a wonderful review with us!

It is quite helpful on your part to share Room Tip with fellow Tripadvisor users.

We would love to welcome you again on your next visit to Mumbai!